WTF Mask rage

Romana

The Timeless Child
SL Rez
This drifted odiously down my timeline when I looked into Twitter just now.
Not sure if she mentions masks in this rant (I could only take watching so much of it) but a quick look at her timeline says it's in there with all the other rage:

How do people live with this much anger all the time, and why is this their preferred state of being?

Last edited:

Free

10K under the hat
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
You'd think she'd want to spend some money on that skin issue then. Girl does not look healthy.
She'll look even less healthy if she's ever sporting the virus, thanks to her fucking attitude. Muthafucka!

Jopsy Pendragon

Without Equal Justice, Freedom becomes Tyranny
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
She'll look even less healthy if she's ever sporting the virus, thanks to her fucking attitude. Muthafucka!
And she'll have absolutely no memory of ever having made the above video, and adamantly deny that she ever made it even to people trying to play it in her face. "NEVER HAPPENED! NOT ME! FAKE NEWS!"

Rose Karuna

Old and Cranky Xherdan
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
I've never seen a rant like this done by a liberal. I'm sure they are out there but I haven't seen one. OTOH, I've seen hundreds of MAGAs act like this. Rages and tirades, pushing and shoving people and I have to ask myself, what are they SO DAMN AFRAID OF? I can't fathom it.

Archer

Who knew?
SL Rez
Joined SLU
I've never seen a rant like this done by a liberal. I'm sure they are out there but I haven't seen one. OTOH, I've seen hundreds of MAGAs act like this. Rages and tirades, pushing and shoving people and I have to ask myself, what are they SO DAMN AFRAID OF? I can't fathom it.
I think that is the thing they all seem to have in common. Anger, fear, and bitterness. They are afraid of change to the point of being willing to risk everything to not have to. I think that comes from insecurity.

Beebo Brink

Climate Apocalypse Alarmist
SL Rez
I think that is the thing they all seem to have in common. Anger, fear, and bitterness. They are afraid of change to the point of being willing to risk everything to not have to. I think that comes from insecurity.
People have different tolerances for cultural change, and some of that variance is due to inherent personality differences rather than life experience. But regardless of the root cause of that alarm, I've always thought that "Future Shock" had some good insight into the effect of rapid change on a society.

We're seeing a lot of people who simply can't cope with the values and morals of their world turned upside down. They ARE angry, fearful and bitter. The world is changing around them, despite their best efforts to hold on to the past. They are bombarded with radically different sources of "truth" and can't process so much information that counters their own sense of reality.

Some people are well-educated and just in emotional shock, but the impact on people without much education is much worse. They don't have the context to understand or judge the quality of information they're receiving. They believe their local preacher or FOX News without question because they quite literally can't make sense of the world around them and they are incapable of critical thought.

I'm related to people like that (on my father's side). They were raised in a small town in East Texas, without even finishing high school. They are marginally literate, barely holding together their lives financially, and deeply embedded in the prosperity gospel of Evangelical Christians. Their view of the world outside their town is fuzzy at best. They don't understand how most of the world works, and have no idea of how little they know. Change only increases the emotional pressures of coping.

Kara Spengler

Queer OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon
SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
Have any of you witnessed something like this, even if it’s just yelling, where you shop?

So far, I haven’t seen anything close to this. Apart from (local/province) Social Media idiots who poopoo masks, everyone just queues up, nearing masks, and is polite.

This is so disgusting.
I have not been out since March as a lot of people are reporting quite a few people are not using masks. I hate having to go anywhere in my own apartment building as most people are not wearing masks (and everyone coming in from the upside). The staff even thinks those of us with masks are the contagious ones.

This is in a heavily democratic area so it is not just the Rs that are idiots!

Kara Spengler

Queer OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon
SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
Pff. "Over". The first wave is still going strong.

A glance at WHO Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) Dashboard shows that new confirmed cases in the U.S. range from 13k to 32k per day since April.

The average number of confirmed new cases per day needs to lose a decimal point (preferably 2) before I start acting like the first wave is "over."
This is why states should not reopen at all. It is giving people an excuse.

GoblinCampFollower

SL Rez
This ducted odiously down my timeline when I looked into Twitter just now.
Not sure if she mentions masks in this rant (I could only take watching so much of it) but a quick look at her timeline days it's in there with all the other rage:

How do people live with this much anger all the time, and why is this their preferred state of being?
I am noticing a theme with young women who support Trump. White women who try REALLY HARD to act REALLY TOUGH. She's trying really hard to be intimidating while projecting that democrats want to intimidate her. There is a lot to pick apart here, but the best part about her incoherent rant is telling democrats to go back to school, because school taught us that plagues aren't a real thing to worry about, right? COVID-19 respects the first amendment! So why can't democrats? This is totally just a freedom of speech issue... and freedom of speech means no consequences for what you do, right?! That's like saying the first amendment protects my right to go into the woods and scream at a wild bear...

Last edited:

Aribeth Zelin

Faeryfox
SL Rez
Joined SLU
03-11-2011
SLU Posts
The funny thing to me is, I was brought up with the values of kindness, respect of others, etc. My parents weren't hippies, but hell, man, got to wonder at the children of hippies and former hippies alike not getting the basics of justice and integrity, and the value of life.

• 1lolwut?
Reactions: Archer

Sredni Eel

In Space, no one can hear you Cha Cha Cha!
I've heard some banks have drive up ATMs.
You'd think she'd want to spend some money on that skin issue then. Girl does not look healthy.
Others have pointed out she's a tracheotomy poster child.

GoblinCampFollower

SL Rez
Another thought around this is that libertarian ideology doesn't really have a good way to handle externalities. Spreading plague is a great example of an externality. This isn't a solvable problem if your only moral belief is that you don't like being told what to do. It seems like a common solution is to just rationalize the problem doesn't exist...

Bubba Balbozar

SL Rez
I wear a mask most of the time in public but not because the government orders me too. If the government wants to make a recommendation that's fine. I don't want that kind of relationship with the state, just like i don't want the citizens being murdered by police..

• 2bag of dicks
Reactions: Archer and Govi