Joined SLU
SLU Posts

Noodles

Queen of Ramen
SL Rez
Joined SLU
04-28-2010
SLU Posts
I saw my first Mask Rager in the wild. Some dude was walking away from the Walmart in the Parking lot while I was going in ranting about "Sheep" and generally angry. He wasn't wearing a mask or carrying any bags, so I suspect they turned him away at the door.

danielravennest

SLU Posts
I saw my first Mask Rager in the wild. Some dude was walking away from the Walmart in the Parking lot while I was going in ranting about "Sheep" and generally angry. He wasn't wearing a mask or carrying any bags, so I suspect they turned him away at the door.
I assume its nationwide, but my local Walmart requires face coverings. They have been for a number of months.

Kara Spengler

Queer OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon
SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
I assume its nationwide, but my local Walmart requires face coverings. They have been for a number of months.
Aww, would have made for an epic youtube vid.

Jopsy Pendragon

I'm now giving negative Eff's. I'm in debt.
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
I get that people are generally forgetful and will try to make their neglect someone else's problem in a heartbeat. "I forgot my mask" turns into "You're a stupid sheeple/tyrant for insisting that I {go all the way home to get my mask so I can} wear one."

People really need to get to the point where trying to shop without a mask is as pointless to attempt as trying to shop without bringing whatever intend to pay with.

SL Rez
SLU Posts
I get that people are generally forgetful and will try to make their neglect someone else's problem in a heartbeat. "I forgot my mask" turns into "You're a stupid sheeple/tyrant for insisting that I {go all the way home to get my mask so I can} wear one."

People really need to get to the point where trying to shop without a mask is as pointless to attempt as trying to shop without bringing whatever intend to pay with.
I get your point but have to say my love doesn't have to have anything to pay with. She'll just look around for hours.

• 1Like
Reactions: Jopsy Pendragon

Argent Stonecutter

Emergency Mustelid Hologram
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sep 2009
SLU Posts
An increasing number of places are providing free disposable masks.

Jolene Benoir

Hello World
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Dec 2010
An increasing number of places are providing free disposable masks.
Yep, Hy-Vee has a basket of them that people are free to take. Unfortunately it's at the service counter, meaning that someone must make their way around the store to get to them. It is probably because if they put it near the door someone would just steal them, or some MAGA would trash them. I credit them with doing it, but it does make it less viable that people will still be traveling through the store to get to them.

ETA: We continue to have a requirement that masks be worn in all public indoor locations so really they're doing it for those who have forgotten, deliberately or not, their masks.

Last edited:

CronoCloud Creeggan

Redheaded
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
07-25-2012
SLU Posts
Ours too, though they haven't been very consistent in enforcing it until fairly recently.
The local Wal-mart has the sign about requiring masks, but like Katheryne's locale, haven't been consistent in enforcing it locally. There always seems to be a few bearded "Maga-ish" guys and their wives without them.

danielravennest

SLU Posts

It's not fucking rocket science. Leave a mask in your car. Then you don't have to remember.

Jopsy Pendragon

I'm now giving negative Eff's. I'm in debt.
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
It's not fucking rocket science. Leave a mask in your car. Then you don't have to remember.
True. I haven't had one in the better part of a decade, but yeah.

I find it kind of amusing that I probably do less walking to get my shopping done... without a car, than most people with one do.

• 1Like
Reactions: Archer

Argent Stonecutter

Emergency Mustelid Hologram
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sep 2009
SLU Posts
I have one in my front pants pocket, one in my butt pants pocket, and at least two in my messenger bag. Sometimes I forget to reload my used mask when I get home, so that leaves me with only three.

Free

Antifa-tigued
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
I have one in my front pants pocket, one in my butt pants pocket, and at least two in my messenger bag. Sometimes I forget to reload my used mask when I get home, so that leaves me with only three.
That's Star Trek level of backups.

• 1Agree
Reactions: Jolene Benoir