#JAILTOTHECHIEF- Shit Just Got Real

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
Latinis est difficile
And these damn Latins are not only difficult but they keep on forming convoys of refugees heading north! Build that wall!

ETA: I suspect Trump didn't understand what per capita means, or does but he couldn't be bothered to think what it is, but it's something to do with averages and statistics and stuff, and Jared told him once that with statistics it's important to know you're comparing like with like, so this seemed to be a smart question to ask, to demonstrate what a sooperdooper genius he is.

Last edited:

Dakota Tebaldi

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts
ETA: I suspect Trump didn't understand what per capita means, or does but he couldn't be bothered to think what it is, but it's something to do with averages and statistics and stuff, and Jared told him once that with statistics it's important to know you're comparing like with like, so this seemed to be a smart question to ask, to demonstrate what a sooperdooper genius he is.
Exactly. ^^

By the way, this shows another way that Republicans' (perhaps a bulk of conservatives in general) traditional ways of arguing have been upended by Trump. When faced with facts and figures and testimony by experts, the traditional Republican approach is to take refuge in populist anti-intellectualism - education is for elitist libs and traitors, not us down-home Simple Men, and the fact that the Other Side can't use simple everyman English to make their argument but have to rely on fancy hifalutin "scientific" language and terminology that the common Simple Man probably doesn't understand is proof that they're trying to pull a fast one on the people. It's dishonest - most Republican politicians are quite educated and know exactly what the language and terms mean - but it appeals to their base.

Trump is a moron so he could benefit from this approach immensely, but the problem (for his Republican allies) is that he's a narcissist so he won't. He's the opposite of anti-intellectual, he thinks the fact that some relative of his went to an Ivy League school is proof of Good Genes, and he wants everyone to think he IS an intellectual and knows all these terms and can argue on equal footing with the people who use them. So this forces his allies into this position where they have to invent "good intellectual stuff" to support Trump's BS'ing and counter the "liberals' fake intellectual stuff" and the results are so comical. Like, I have no doubt someone is hard at work right now trying to figure out a way to make an argument that Trump is somehow not wrong by saying "there's many per capitas".

Jopsy Pendragon

Without Equal Justice, Freedom becomes Tyranny
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
and now... this...

Transcript for those that would rather not hear his smugululatory gobsmackage:

(following talking about how long he's been on a Hypo-chlorox-o-whine 'regimen': )

"And I'm still here!​
And I tested very positively in a in another sense​
so this morning uh yeah​
I tested positively towards negative​
right so, uh no,​
I tested uh perfectly this morning."​

How happy he must be that Covid-19 is such a treasure trove of comedic value to him.

• 1Gross
Reactions: Katheryne Helendale

Aribeth Zelin

Faeryfox
SL Rez
Joined SLU
03-11-2011
SLU Posts
Yeah, if he is 6'3"... well, I used to be over 250... and I still looked slimmer - and I'm 5'10"

Kara Spengler

Queer OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon
SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
and now... this...

Transcript for those that would rather not hear his smugululatory gobsmackage:

(following talking about how long he's been on a Hypo-chlorox-o-whine 'regimen': )

"And I'm still here!​
And I tested very positively in a in another sense​
so this morning uh yeah​
I tested positively towards negative​
right so, uh no,​
I tested uh perfectly this morning."​

How happy he must be that Covid-19 is such a treasure trove of comedic value to him.
When I saw that headline I was hopeful until I read what he said.

Kara Spengler

Queer OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon
SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
Sorry for the double post... but ... ffs.

If there's one thing he excels at... it's wholly unjustified vanity.
Then people use that as an example and spread the virus. Forget not using caps, I am debating if it deserves anything more than the same pronoun a rock gets.