How COVID-19 is affecting society

Dakota Tebaldi

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts
he... puts it on his instagram...
Oh, you mean that public social media service where you make posts and the public can see them? :D

"Nobody would ever have seen that 'I hate (n-words)' mural I painted on the front of my house facing Main Street if the local 5 o'clock news channel hadn't run a story about it. I'm going to sue!"

Sid

Time for another coffee.
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson announces a national lockdown for England expected to remain in place at least through the middle of February

So far the hope that 2021 might be a bit kinder for us.

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts

With the UK on the verge of a third national lockdown and schools across the country closing their doors, it is hard to believe that less than three weeks ago the government was insisting its three-tier system was sufficient and five days of Christmas mixing could go ahead.
Everyone knew at the time this was going to happen. We'd get past Christmas and the New Year, and then things would have to lock down, and sooner rather than later. Then along came the more infectious strain -- which, come to think of it, was bound to happen, since obviously strains that spread most efficiently are going to overtake the beta cuck strains that are less effective at reproducing themselves -- and that simply guaranteed that all we could do was lock down and hope the vaccine saves us.

Oh well, the medical authorities are saying things should look a lot better come Easter.

Last edited:

Sid

Time for another coffee.
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤

This can't be true, can it?
That would be an enormous infection rate.
Here in NL the average is about 60 per 100,000 at the moment and that is called high.
A few severe areas in Germany have more than 700 per 100,000 people infected.
But 1 in 50.......???? That would be 2,000 per 100,000 people.

Last edited:

Lexxi

meow
SL Rez
Joined SLU
12-14-2007
SLU Posts
Well . . . crap.

Percent-positivity rate: The Prince William Health District's percent-positivity rate on COVID-19 tests drifted upward again on Tuesday, rising to 20.9%. It remains the highest in Northern Virginia.
Prince William County:
Rate of infection per 100,000 ressidents

Apparently, where I live is the worst in Virginia.

Prince William County's infection rate per capita remains the highest in Northern Virginia.
UPDATED: Hospitalizations for COVID-19 set another state record, Prince William adds 327 new cases | News | princewilliamtimes.com

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts

Ellie

Heretical Raccoon Skunk with a Rainbow Pootbeam
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sep 2010
SLU Posts

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
Lengthy takedown of various Covid denialists who should know better

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
The Japanese government and the International Olympic Committee (IOC) decided in March last year to postpone Tokyo 2020 by a year due to the pandemic, and agreed that a second delay was out of the question. The only remaining options are to go ahead this summer or cancel the Games altogether.
Mori conceded that organisers would soon have to decide whether to allow overseas spectators to attend. “I think we will have to make a very difficult decision around February to March,” he said.