Free

Antifa-tigued
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Scoundrel?

Han Solo is a scoundrel.

Steve Martin, Michael Caine and Glenne Headly are scoundrels.

Ron DeSantis is a lying piece of shit. But I guess you can't use that in the title of an NR op-ed.

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
Scoundrel?

Han Solo is a scoundrel.

Steve Martin, Michael Caine and Glenne Headly are scoundrels.

Ron DeSantis is a lying piece of shit. But I guess you can't use that in the title of an NR op-ed.
I'd always seen Han Solo as more of a rogue myself, or possibly a rapscallion.

As I think I mentioned somewhere, I recently saw either the Times or Guardian describe Boris Johnson as a scoundrel, and the antiquated term seemed somehow appropriate for him, though I don't know how it sounds in US English.

I don't know enough about either DeSantis or US English to comment, but he sounds to be what my father's officer friends used to call "an absolute four letter man," those being, of course, any combination of four letters that are normally reproduced by asterisks and other typographical symbols in family publications.

Or, to quote Stalky & Co by Rudyard Kipling,
“This man,” said McTurk, with conviction, “is the Gadarene Swine.”

Last edited:

Free

Antifa-tigued
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
I'd always seen Han Solo as more of a rogue myself, or possibly a rapscallion.
I'm just following Leia's lead.

As I think I mentioned somewhere, I recently saw either the Times or Guardian describe Boris Johnson as a scoundrel, and the antiquated term seemed somehow appropriate for him, though I don't know how it sounds in US English.
"Scoundrel" leans too much towards "rogue" these days.

I don't know enough about either DeSantis or US English to comment, but he sounds to be what my father's officer friends used to call "an absolute four letter man"
He's a ****.
He's a shit.
He's a cunt.
He's a fuck.

Works for me.

Rose Karuna

Old and Cranky Xherdan
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
So much this!
He has created a statewide environment of depraved indifference to human life and either engaged in or tolerated a conspiracy to suppress information affecting Floridians’ mortal safety, and in any other circumstance we would call him a murderer.
I'd call him a mass murderer. As of today total deaths by COVID in the state of Florida are 21,408. That's WAY more than the terrorists on 911 murdered. WAY MORE.

Aribeth Zelin

Faeryfox
SL Rez
Joined SLU
03-11-2011
SLU Posts
Okay, so to give perspective: in Feb '21, Pensacon is going to happen, including my housemate having to go and work like he would usually do, because DeSantis will not allow it to shut down this year because while its not DragonCon, its a fairly large crowd every year [think last year was 40k or maybe 50k?]

Meanwhile, the con we do in March just cancelled this year's, after consulting with people on their end - which means, the Gov of Mississippi is being more responsible. My table fees will just roll into my fees for '22.

Just think about it for a moment.

Also, there is apparently evidence DeSatan ordered all data on covid cases and deaths squashed before the Election so republicans could carry the state.

I wouldn't even call him a four letter word. I almost feel I'm insulting Satan calling him DeSatan....

Rose Karuna

Old and Cranky Xherdan
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
In defense of the poor armadillo, generally, the only way you can get Hansens Disease (leprosy) from them, is if you eat them.

I have had several in my yard and we humanely captured them in a cage and then released them into a 40 acre wilderness area where they were legally welcomed. They are fascinating creatures and fun to watch, but damn, do they ever dig up your yard.

Of note though, after the armadillos left, I had horrible problems with "crazy ants", which I believe the armadillos were controlling because they dig up their nests and eat them. It looks like we have another armadillo in the yard but despite how much my husband is bitching about it, I'm going to ignore it in hopes that he (or she) eats lots of crazy ants.

They are sort of weird little ant eaters wearing armor.

Free

Antifa-tigued
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Uh boy.

The Center for Biological Diversity today announced a $5,000 reward for information leading to a conviction in an incident involving a threatened Florida manatee in north Florida’s Homosassa River. A statement issued late today by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service indicates that someone apparently scratched the word TRUMP into algae on the animal's back.

“Manatees aren’t billboards, and people shouldn’t be messing with these sensitive and imperiled animals for any reason,” said Jaclyn Lopez, Florida director at the Center. “However this political graffiti was put on this manatee, it’s a crime to interfere with these creatures, which are protected under multiple federal laws.”

Rose Karuna

Old and Cranky Xherdan
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
More Florida weirdness

Either this guy is a Trumper and deliberately intends to intimidate his neighbors or he's really stupid on his timing to show off his new toy.

edited to say that a guy where I live, which is much more rural, has a bunch of military vehicles including a small tank. He just seems to be a harmless collector though and I kind of get a kick out of walking past his yard and looking at the crazy shit he has. I've never seen him drive any of it on the city streets though. He and his wife do ride their horses past our house once in a while.

• 1Facepalm
Reactions: Free

Free

Antifa-tigued
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Uh boy.

Unexpected update.