Coup in the USA?

bubblesort

The police just arrested a local guy for pedophilia. Turns out, he's the father of one of the terrorists who attacked the capitol.

I'm trying to imagine the circumstances in which a mob like that would be able to descend on the Palace of Westminster and get anywhere near the gates without running into large numbers of police officers, including special crowd and riot-control units, and if they got past them and looked like breaking into the grounds of the Palace, they'd encounter specially trained officers armed, among other things, with Heckler & Koch MP5 submachine guns. If they managed to get past them, they'd find all the doors were locked, and defended by similarly armed officers.

Parliament here has been attacked by terrorists, sometimes successfully, several times during my lifetime, and the authorities are very aware of the extremely real dangers faced every day at work by both MPs and Parliamentary staff, and the need to protect them.

Didn't they worry about terrorists -- Jihadists, White Nationalists, Incels, whoever -- attacking the Capitol before now?
Sounds like they beefed up security a bit after Guy Fawkes, LOL

They don't worry about this kind of thing too much in America because the powers that be run strong PR. We're too busy shooting each other to bother with the capitol, most of the time.

Jolene Benoir

Hello World
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Dec 2010
The police just arrested a local guy for pedophilia. Turns out, he's the father of one of the terrorists who attacked the capitol.

They don't worry about this kind of thing too much in America because the powers that be run strong PR. We're too busy shooting each other to bother with the capitol, most of the time.
The article I read about it stated that he drove her to the insurrection, as well. That was the first I had read of that. I also know from different reports, the WP examination of the financial affairs of the insurrectionists, that they have had numerous financial issues, years and years before the insurrection.

I think it is safe to say that the father played a role in her becoming an insurrectionist. He likely shares her views or inculcated them. That's he is a scumbag is not unexpected. I wonder if they follow QAnon or are a part of it. I don't know. I don't think I've read that she was a believer/part of that. I would not be surprised at all, if they did.

Last edited:

bubblesort

The article I read about it stated that he drove her to the insurrection, as well. That was the first I had read of that. I also know from different reports, the WP examination of the financial affairs of the insurrectionists, that they have had numerous financial issues, years and years before the insurrection.

I think it is safe to say that the father played a role in her becoming an insurrectionist. He likely shares her views or inculcated them. That's he is a scumbag is not unexpected. I wonder if they follow QAnon or are a part of it. I don't know. I don't think I've read that she was a believer/part of that. I would not be surprised at all, if they did.
I think the media isn't talking about that angle, because they are generally quiet about Q Anon lately, unless it's a situation where it's impossible to ignore Q. The media doesn't want to give Q any more oxygen. I am never sure if that's the right approach for a group like that. Ignore them, and they might fade... or maybe they fester? Q certainly had no problems getting started and growing without attention from the punditry. At the same time, maybe now Q needs that kind of attention to survive, after an operation like the capitol attack? I honestly don't know. Only time will tell.

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts

• 1Interesting
Reactions: bubblesort

Romana

The Timeless Child
SL Rez

Veritable Quandry

Specializing in derails and train wrecks.
SL Rez
Joined SLU
20something
SLU Posts
I've read it in a few places, but so far no links to the filing. He's got Deschowitz representing him, so I expect it's a real countersuit.

Soen Eber

Vatican mole
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Seems to be paywalled.
Probably the same stuff he's been babbling about. Wait til he finds out how discovery really works. 😂
I hope he ends up having to pay their court costs, too.
Hitting "stop loading" after the article appears breaks the paywall. I'm sure there's more sophisticated ways to get past it as well but the Star-Trombone isn't worth it and I'm lazy.

Jolene Benoir

Hello World
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Dec 2010
Seems to be paywalled.
Probably the same stuff he's been babbling about. Wait til he finds out how discovery really works. 😂
I hope he ends up having to pay their court costs, too.
Sorry about that. Does this work for you? Putting a . behind the .com works for Star Trib, I believe. I've done so with link below:

Romana

The Timeless Child
SL Rez
Sorry about that. Does this work for you? Putting a . behind the .com works for Star Trib, I believe. I've done so with link below:

It's not paywalled exactly but it wants my Facebook or email. I'm a lot more sparing with those lately since the big FB data breach, but thanks.

• 1Thanks
Reactions: Jolene Benoir

Jolene Benoir

Hello World
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Dec 2010
It's not paywalled exactly but it wants my Facebook or email. I'm a lot more sparing with those lately since the big FB data breach, but thanks.
Hmm...that's weird. For me, it just links to Star Trib article, not wanting FB login/email or anything. I figured you were running up against Star Trib paywall which happens after 10 stories, I believe.

ETA: Here is the gist of it.

MyPillow is suing Dominion Voting Systems for $1.6 billion, seeking to shift the legal ground in a fight between its lightning-rod chief executive, Mike Lindell, and the maker of voting machines.

The Chaska-based pillow manufacturer filed the suit in U.S. District Court in Minnesota and, along with Lindell, asked a court in Washington to dismiss a $1.3 billion defamation suit Dominion Voting Systems filed against them several weeks ago.
The new lawsuit filed by MyPillow attempts to portray Dominion as a "governmental actor" since it was a contractor for states as they administered the election. In doing so, MyPillow's lawyers argue that Dominion's lawsuits against critics amount to suppression of free speech.

Last edited:

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
*shakes head*

A Capitol Police official radioed units outside of the building on the morning of Jan. 6 and told them only to scout for anti-Trump troublemakers — not pro-Trump protesters, according to Rep. Zoe Lofgren, who described what she said were details of an internal investigation conducted in the aftermath of the mob attack.

Lofgren (D-Calif.) revealed the finding while she questioned Capitol Police Inspector General Michael Bolton, who appeared before the House Administration Committee Wednesday to testify about security failures that precipitated the Jan. 6 attack. Lofgren, who chairs the panel, described the findings as she asked him whether he had read the internal investigation reports.

Lofgren said the department's Office of Professional Responsibility was reviewing information that a radio transmission to "all outside units' attention" that they should not be "looking for any pro-Trump in the crowd," according to Lofgren. She added they were "only looking for any anti-Trump."

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
Very interesting thread by an expert in domestic US terrorism and the various extremist groups in the militia movement