Coup in the USA?

Katheryne Helendale

🐱 Kitty Queen 🐱
SL Rez
Joined SLU
October 2009
SLU Posts
And this is why good writing, grammar and punctuation matter. I'm pretty sure what she was TRYING to say was:

She isn't saying that she's avoiding jail because she's blonde and white, but I suspect that in her heart of hearts she believes she did nothing wrong because what blonde white women do is always right.
You're being awfully benevolent. The message I got from her post is that she believes that, because she's blonde and white, she's exempt from the consequences of law.

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
:hamster:

Embattled right-wing social media firm Parler infamously promises its users a laissez-faire approach to "free speech" on its service. As the company now tells Congress, however, Parler apparently does warn federal authorities when it discovers certain kinds of violent content on its platform—and users who flock to the site for its anything-goes attitude are mad.

Parler's attorneys explained in a letter (PDF) to the House Oversight Committee that it apparently does have limits on what it finds acceptable and did take seriously some of the violent content posted to its platform ahead of the January 6 events at the US Capitol.

Jolene Benoir

Hello World
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Dec 2010
:hamster:

I bet that will not be a thing under Mercer's control. I am not buying his innocent tech-bro routine, either. They left up so much that enraged and got people out the door and into D.C. They were party to all of it.

If they were indeed turning over information to authorities, they were doing a shit job of it, or the authorities were, as well.

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Frank Speech
The voice of hotdoggin'

Khamon

Folk Harpist
SL Rez
Joined SLU
and thus FAnon was born and the trolls had a field day

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
A leader of the Proud Boys charged in an alleged conspiracy to attack the Capitol on Jan. 6 claims he has a longstanding relationship with the FBI, which he said regularly sought him out for information about “antifa networks” in Florida and other parts of the United States.

Joseph Biggs, one of four Proud Boys organizers charged in one of the Justice Department’s biggest cases stemming from the Capitol siege, said the bureau regularly turned to him for advice on antifa — a loosely affiliated collection of violent leftists that the bureau has described as adherents to an ideology rather than part of an organized group.
“In late July 2020, an FBI Special Agent out of the Daytona Beach area telephoned Biggs and asked Biggs to meet with him and another FBI agent at a local restaurant. Biggs agreed,” according to a late Monday court filing issued by Biggs’ attorney in an effort to keep Biggs out of pretrial detention. “Biggs learned after he traveled to the restaurant that the purpose of the meeting was to determine if Biggs could share information about Antifa networks operating in Florida and elsewhere. They wanted to know what Biggs was ‘seeing on the ground.’”

Biggs’ claims, not immediately corroborated by the FBI, nevertheless are likely to sharpen concerns that law enforcement has tolerated violence by the Proud Boys, who have long styled themselves as allies of the police in a fight against leftists. Like Biggs, Proud Boys national chair Enrique Tarrio has said in media interviews that he had long proactively communicated with law enforcement about Proud Boys’ plans in various cities — plans that routinely led to violent confrontations with leftist protesters.

• 1Thanks
Reactions: Ryanna Enfield

Romana

The Timeless Child
SL Rez
Last edited:

Romana

The Timeless Child
SL Rez
His attorneys seem to be contradicting each other.

“I think he was just very impulsive in the moment, and behaved in a way that is attributable more to just being excited and 18 than it is to somebody who is profoundly brainwashed,” said Molly Parmer, one of the four defense attorneys representing him.
“Bruno, after talking with him, reminds me of the 18-year-old Civil War soldier who went into battle against his country under false pretenses and believed what his elders told him to believe,” said J. Tom Morgan, one of his attorneys and a former DeKalb County district attorney. “This kid was led down a path.
He was just an excited teen, or he was led down a path (aka brainwashed)?
There's too much bullying and wanting real life violence for the "kid just talking smack" excuse.
Not sure I believe the parents either. His behavior should have alarmed them long ago, instead it was "don't harass my son, go bust some pot smokers (who probably weren't attacking anything more than bags of Doritos)".
It reads life they're all sorry he was caught, and any regret for their MAGAcy stems from that. In bit even sure they don't still believe the Big Lie.

Last edited:

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
What happened to innocent until proven guilty?

In the UK, and our prisons are certainly nothing to be proud of, when defendants are denied bail, they're nevertheless innocent in the eyes of the law, and detained separately from serving prisoners and subject to a very different regime.

Do they not have special remand wings in US prisons?

Veritable Quandry

Specializing in derails and train wrecks.
SL Rez
Joined SLU
20something
SLU Posts
States vary, and the Federal system uses a mix of their own facilities and rented beds in city/county/state/private prisons.

At the time my brother was arrested, the Multnomah County Jail was used for pre-trial detention and short sentences, while state prisons further away from the cities were used for long term detention.