Are you a Second Life Premium member?

Khamon

Folk Harpist
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Being squeezed into full events has totally piqued my interest though.
My experiences after squeezing into full events have been like swimming through tar unable to see anything past Aimee's wings.

• 1LOL
Reactions: GradyE
[QUOTE="Blaise Glendevon, post: 12438, member: 135"Being squeezed into full events has totally piqued my interest though.
My experiences after squeezing into full events have been like swimming through tar unable to see anything past Aimee's wings.[/QUOTE]

Uncheck your draw distance, sit on the nearest piece of furniture, and turn off rezzing any avatars not on your f-list. It's the only way.

RyanSchultz

Social VR/Virtual Worlds Blogger
I have two avatars (my main male and female avatars) which are both Premium accounts, with Linden homes. The rest of my ragtag army of alts are free accounts. I'm just not that interested in owning and decorating land at this point in my SL experience, but I do love shopping for fashion steals, deals, and freebies (which up until now I have been blogging about on my blog):

Second Life Steals, Deals and Freebies – Ryan Schultz

(the most popular part of my blog, ironically, since I started off as a Sansar-only blogger)

Oh, and being able to get into full events has come in handy at times.

Amanda Dallin

SL Rez
I've been premium for years. $L 300 stipend. I do own a couple of mainland parcels but mostly I'm premium for the extra groups. 60 isn't enough.

• 1Like
Reactions: Han Held

Sid

Time for another coffee.
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
I'm member of only 4 groups in SL. (one of them is mine, with only me, myself and a bunch of alts as members)
Mostly the groups are to spammy for me. Nice hat in blue, five minutes later same hat or another one in light blue etc... etc... you get the picture.

Han Held

Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Am but am grandfathered at 500L/wk stipend so it pays for itself.
My alt would get the L$500 stipend; but for some reason I can never make myself plop down the $72

Fauve Aeon

🌽🐍Mostly Jellicle...🐍🌽
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Not sure of date/postcount
I'm not premium. I have no desire for Mainland land, I buy all the lindens I want out of pocket, and the only compelling feature I could possibly see would be the extra groups since I'm capped at 42. Being squeezed into full events has totally piqued my interest though.
It saves me a lot of time, I rarely get the ‘sim is full’ message at any event, shopping or otherwise...maybe only 2x since they made that policy to squeeze in a couple of extra premium members. First hour of an event? No problem. The sim fills with premium members for shows at Idle Rogue though so I learned to come early and try hard to prevent crashing!

• 1Like
Reactions: Han Held

Dakota Tebaldi

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts
I am not, although I have been in the past. I am content to rent, and although the monthly bill comes to a little bit more than a premium account would be, it's in a location that I really love with an active community and I have a larger plot of land than the normal allotment that comes with a premium account so I am satisfied. If some day I decided to buy my own plot again I would probably become premium at that time, but otherwise I don't have much need for the services that come with it.

Han Held

Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Mostly the groups are to spammy for me.
I usually am at the limit for groups, because admin, rp and store groups. I cope by disabling notifications and group chat from every group I'm reasonably able to.

The store groups are for sales, group gifts, etc.

Fauve Aeon

🌽🐍Mostly Jellicle...🐍🌽
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Not sure of date/postcount
I think it’s worth it financially even with the L$300 stipend if you want to keep a little mainland.
300/wk * 4 = 1200/~250 = ~$4.80US (not sure about the VAT thing cause I’m a burgerlander).

So that leaves me paying ~$1.20 per month out of pocket for either a Linden home and a mainland 512 or a mainland 1024. Combine with my partner’s premium land allowance for a mainland 2048 and his stipend is L$500/week and average it all and it’s ok. I still max my groups out though. And consult your accountant for tax deduction info.
500/wk * 4 = 2000/~250 = ~$8.00US so they actually get their land free plus make a little L$ money if they pay yearly.

Penny Patton did the math on stacking premium account benefits and stacking things on land both so her info is much more comprehensive and informative.

Last edited:

Cherokee aka

SL Rez
I'm a Premium Member - L$ 300 weekly , I played free for a while but thought it would be nice to own land, and it does have benefits , I like having land to put a house and barn and other things I've gotten over time, its nice having a place to go home to relax, I also tried the Linden Home - they have 4 basic styles and I've tried all of them but the house is so large it takes up all the land and I wanted some land open to run my horse on, lol hard to run inside the house :) .

Anya Ristow

I was born a choker
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Nov 2007
SLU Posts
L$400 weekly. I let it pile up for years while I was inactive and spent frivolously when I returned.

Benjamin Opel

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
March, 2010
SLU Posts
L$400 weekly. I let it pile up for years while I was inactive and spent frivolously when I returned.
Or better yet, sell it and buy yourself something nice in RL!

Evola

SL Rez
SLU Posts
Initially I went premium to grab a parcel in Bay City up the street from where I was renting which was set for sale at a whole 2000 L$, a bit over 6 years ago. Some months later I picked up a couple cheap parcels at auction, one of them used for a roadside rest area which got expanded to a coffee house adjacent to it and then later on a farm and forest area on a neighboring sim. There were no breedables on the farm except for a meero I was given at an SLU Secret Santa party, and it ran away on me after it didn't get fed on time. Still have a couple of the BC parcels, along with some others scattered across mainland.

The premium gifts have been improving over recent months, currently I have most of the halloween stuff out in the crystal icebox they were giving away around sl15b and I have to say it manages to look decent. The teleport system is whitelist only, but those are dime a dozan and could easily swap them out. I'm quite hopeful we'll get xmas gift boxes that are actually transferable for the holidays coming up(or at least something of equal or better value)

Khamon

Folk Harpist
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Premium users receive monthly gifts?

Emma krokus

Eternally curious
premium since end july this year for me and an alt
sharing parcel on mainland with friend who also made 2 accounts premium
asked ll for the parcel and they sold it to us - by a road and nice grass texture
moved my shop there and am overall saving on previous rent

so far i like mainland :)

i appreciate the gifts & the group slots
havent made use of support... yet

Evola

SL Rez
SLU Posts
Premium users receive monthly gifts?
Not monthly. I think there's been just the two in the last 6 months, and a holiday season one should probably be out soon. So every three months on average maybe. I think they've improved to the point where it's a nice gesture and help keep some people staying premium, as opposed to some of the less than useful duds in the past.

• 1Thanks
Reactions: Khamon

Khamon

Folk Harpist
SL Rez
Joined SLU
How do I tap these gifts? Are they available somewhere? I don't get, never have gotten, bulk emails from Linden Lab for some reason.