Are you a Second Life Premium member?

Benjamin Opel

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
March, 2010
SLU Posts
Due to the current discount which is on right now, $5 (for the first month), I thought I'd go ahead and subscribe, probably won't get a Linden home and buy land, I'll just keep the $L1,200... lol.

Are you, or have you been Premium Member of SL?

Han Held

Joined SLU
September, 2010
SLU Posts
Nope. I'm paying for too many other things, and premium really isn't compelling (to me, at least).

Aribeth Zelin

Faeryfox
SL Rez
Joined SLU
03-11-2011
SLU Posts
Same as Khamon - I've got one premium account; on my oldest still existing account, and my spouse has it on his oldest account. We don't have linden homes though, I tried those on a different account and they were poorly enough put together at the time to cause my ocd fits.

• 2Agree
Reactions: Rose Karuna and Govi

Ryanna Enfield

I'm also premium and grandfathered in at the 500L stipend per week. I have a 1024 plot of mainland, which I use to hold my Kittycats. I don't think I would go premium for what is on offer now.

Sarafina

Habitual Lurker
Joined SLU
June 2011
Yup, have been since buying some mainland sims and private islands back in 2007. Now down to a Linden home and weekly stipend from premium

Kara Spengler

Queer OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon
SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
I'm also premium and grandfathered in at the 500L stipend per week. I have a 1024 plot of mainland, which I use to hold my Kittycats. I don't think I would go premium for what is on offer now.
Same here about being grandfathered at 500. LL is basically paying me to maintain an annual sub. Since I rarely have to buy anything new now (it is not like SL clothes wear out) every so often I just donate a few thousand Ls somewhere.

Jopsy Pendragon

Moral Compasses get confused at the North Pole.
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
I'm premium, all my land is mainland.

Logged in maybe thrice this year though. =/

• 1Agree
  • 1Hug
Reactions: Govi and Han Held

Val

n00b!1
Joined SLU
03/07/2017
SLU Posts
Memebership is cheaper than having a sim thus I have two (along with third my husband has) for the sake of land. I am still waiting for them to finish the prim double-up which will happen ... in a decade maybe.

• 1Like
Reactions: Han Held

Selinica

Do as I say not as I do
SL Rez
Joined SLU
3/11/2013
SLU Posts
I actually am. It let me kick forward some tier contribution to the land my partner has and the money mostly covers the cost if I don't spend it... or if I do buy stuff it lets me budget for a year at a time basically and saves me from going "oh hell yes" to something major without it already being in the budget.
I've made use of the support too and at least compared to when I dealt with them as a free member, they were a bit more helpful.
And the issue I called them for as a premium was my own fault, the one I had as a free member was a bug I ran into for added 'huh' to the difference.

Fauve Aeon

🌽🐍Mostly Jellicle...🐍🌽
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Not sure of date/postcount
I am, at L$300, my partner at L$500. Tier, stipend and tax deduction = OK, we get along with it. Thankfully never needed the upgraded support. The gifts could be better and I wanted parties.

Archer

Who knew?
SL Rez
Joined SLU
I am premium so that I can own land. I've always had mainland, and never had any trouble with it. I tried a Linden home once, but it was pretty bad.

• 1Like
Reactions: Knutz Scorpio

CronoCloud Creeggan

Redheaded
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
07-25-2012
SLU Posts
I am technically - I have a lifetime account.
FIC!

I'm premium and get the L$500 stipend of the Oldbie Elite. ;-) I went premium back in 2012 to pick up a small 16m2 annoyance parcel for a friend until she could get rid of a different parcel to pick it up. I still have mainland, but even if I didn't I'd have it for the extra group slots and Premium priority access to regions, a basic Linden home for my studio, and L$

• 2Like
Reactions: GradyE and Han Held

Noodles

Queen of Ramen
SL Rez
Joined SLU
04-28-2010
SLU Posts
I have 4 premium accounts so I can play group/alt games for more land cheaply. One account is on the grandfathered 500L$, two are on the old 400L$, and one is a regular 300L$. All of the accounts except the one I actually log into (Ramen Jedburgh) just roll the L$ over once a year to pay the $72 fee. Though I also have small themey stores going for most of them as well on the MP, I don't make enough money there for it to really be meaningful.

All of these accounts dump their land to a private group and I pay a little extra $7/mo tier, so I can own a bit of land for fairly cheap. Because of the roll over, and my meager MP sales, essentially means I am paying $7/month for a few thousand meters of land. I like to spend L$ though so I usually end up also paying the $72/year on Ramen Jedburgh though, because I don't have enough left to cash out and cover it.

I'm not premium. I have no desire for Mainland land, I buy all the lindens I want out of pocket, and the only compelling feature I could possibly see would be the extra groups since I'm capped at 42. Being squeezed into full events has totally piqued my interest though.