Are you a Second Life Premium member?

Sep 20, 2018
Yeah. 6usd/month for 750 prims and 1024 sqm in bay city is a pretty good deal to me, even if I rarely play anymore, I'll probably just keep the plot forever.

Sep 26, 2018
SL Rez
Joined SLU
6-28-2015
SLU Posts
Yes. I bought my first mainland parcel nearly a year ago, and I love it. Plus, getting into events and having 60 groups is a bonus.

Benjamin Opel

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Sep 20, 2018
Manchester, UK
SL Rez
Joined SLU
March, 2010
SLU Posts
Yes. I bought my first mainland parcel nearly a year ago, and I love it. Plus, getting into events and having 60 groups is a bonus.
How many groups are you allowed to join on a premium account?

And if you have an older account like myself (2014), do you get the 'old permissions'? So more groups than let's say, a new account from today?

Tirellia

Cold and Wet
Sep 20, 2018
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
How many groups are you allowed to join on a premium account?

And if you have an older account like myself (2014), do you get the 'old permissions'? So more groups than let's say, a new account from today?
You get 60 groups for a premium account. I always seem to be maxed out.

I've had a premium account since a week after joining SL. I only get the L$300 stipend but even so that's about USD60 of the USD72 fee returned to me. I like being able to bully my way into full events with my premium "do you know who I am?" card and I like knowing I can get help faster than a non-premium account. I've used premium sandboxes a couple of times when I've had to disassemble 1/4 sim builds that have been returned to Lost & Found. Having a little piece of mainland is really nice. I rent elsewhere but I've always got a little parcel I can run back to that's mine, all mine.

Oct 10, 2018
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Never had anything but free accounts. Land isn't important to me.

GradyE

Sep 21, 2018
Vancouver, Canada
Premium since 2006. I used to own several parcels in Ironjaw but in early 2007 sold it all off (except for my free 512 which has the only little bit of shoreline in the whole sim). Since then I have rented 3 parcels in The Wastelands. Still happy there after all these years.

Sep 24, 2018
SL Rez
Joined SLU
I started as premium in 2005 and never stopped paying the monthly fee. I had no idea you could get into events more easily as a premium? That has not been my experience with shopping events.

Sep 20, 2018
I am a premium member. I think the land I could use for my premium account and my alts is worth it (as well as the weekly stipend.) No more need for a public sandbox, for instance!

Fauve Aeon

🌽🐍Mostly Jellicle...🐍🌽
Oct 29, 2018
SL, Kitely, IMVU
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Not sure of date/postcount
Premium since 2006. I used to own several parcels in Ironjaw but in early 2007 sold it all off (except for my free 512 which has the only little bit of shoreline in the whole sim). Since then I have rented 3 parcels in The Wastelands. Still happy there after all these years.
They bumped the premium land allotment up to 1024 so you can have an addition, a Linden home or another 512 bit somewhere else now.

I started as premium in 2005 and never stopped paying the monthly fee. I had no idea you could get into events more easily as a premium? That has not been my experience with shopping events.
It has made a lot of difference for me, I’ve retired my auto-teleport device. I’m rarely ever told a sim is full, maybe twice since they implemented it and I try to take advantage of it on the first day things open if I’m not already on the early-access list.

Noodles

Queen of Ramen
Sep 20, 2018
Illinois
SL Rez
Joined SLU
04-28-2010
SLU Posts
Premium users receive monthly gifts?
"Monthly".

It seems to.be Quarterly at best. Not sure if you can pick them up elsewhere but there are little kiosks in the Premium Only sandboxes.

Sep 21, 2018
Scotland
Joined SLU
July 2007
SLU Posts
I'm premium but I don't use the land allowance. I don't even have any mainland at the moment, I'm living on an estate and loving that. I like the premium sandboxes and the tiny stipend though. I can buy a whole shoe with it.

I want free uploads though :(

Lewis Luminos

The Gingerbeard Man
Oct 10, 2018
UK
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
I am premium, and so is my "alt" (technically I'm his alt since my main account was created 2 years after my first). My first account gets the grandfathered 500L$ per week, my main gets 300L$. Together we own a 2048m parcel of land which is home for all my other alts, but ironically not for the two that own it. o_O

Dec 5, 2018
Kentucky
SL Rez
Joined SLU
November 2017
I've been premium off and on since 2017. I have a mainland addiction. It's not unusual for me to have up to 7 homes out there.

Fauve Aeon

🌽🐍Mostly Jellicle...🐍🌽
Oct 29, 2018
SL, Kitely, IMVU
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Not sure of date/postcount
I'm premium but I don't use the land allowance. I don't even have any mainland at the moment, I'm living on an estate and loving that. I like the premium sandboxes and the tiny stipend though. I can buy a whole shoe with it.

I want free uploads though :(
I think we should start a ‘free uploads’ campaign. Not all free, all the time but at least a nice monthly allotment.

Rose Karuna

It's cold, Xerdan is wearing a hat
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Sep 24, 2018
Someplace new soon
SL Rez
Joined SLU
My husband and I were both grandfathered in on the old $500L thing. We have land on the mainland. I just got the "Linden cabin" gift and I also put up the Linden tree house. Other than second life being buggier than hell (which is nothing new) the buildings are small but ok. It suits my land because I have gardens and everglades. Probably not worth paying for premium now.

I just started logging in again after about a five year stretch where I did nothing. Things were so buggy on the sim though that yesterday I was trying to build a simple fruit stand and just gave it the hell up, logged out of SL and then made bread in RL, at least the baking bread made the house smell great.

Khamon

Irish Harper
Sep 23, 2018
Alabama
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Khamon Grundy want tree house too!

Oct 4, 2018
Had premium for years here. Started when I wanted a shop spot and now I've got a dinky roadside beach in a sim with friends and usually decent neighbourhood builds. I was paying tier for a 1024 but now it's included with premium that's even better. I loved renting, but more for residential use. I don't want to move my shop more than absolutely necessary.

Rose Karuna

It's cold, Xerdan is wearing a hat
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Sep 24, 2018
Someplace new soon
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Oct 7, 2018
I will always be a premium member for the sole fact that I love living and owning land on the SL wild wild west of the Mainlands. Endless roads to travel etc. I have had Linden Homes which I loved, Every style. Now I have a double plot of 1024's with a hobbit house and I love it. Stipends could be more but still good deal for me. I also love the private and mostly empty sandboxes and Premium only sims to explore. Never a griefer to be seen.