Are you a Second Life Premium member?

Sep 19, 2018
a sunburnt country
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Feb 2010
SLU Posts
I've not always been premium, but have so for the majority of my Second Life. Originally signed up a few months after joining, dropped back to a free account about a year later, then, maybe two years after that, went premium again and have been so ever since.

I like my little slice of Bay City.

Jupiter

Still under construction
Sep 20, 2018
Australia
Joined SLU
07-05-2010
SLU Posts
I've been premium for years, since at least 2012. I get the L$300 stipend. I'm not really sure what made me go premium. For a while I rented here and there and eventually lived in a series of Linden Homes. Recently I bought my first parcel, a 1024 across from Linden protected beach. I love that. I definitely like having 60 instead of 42 groups (I wish I could have more!). The premium gifts are meh.

What I'd love to see for premium members is an idea that I saw Penny Patton propose, around being able to move more easily within Mainland.

ent|ty

Unpopular Opinion
Jan 6, 2019
I have paid for premium because I get the Premium Sandboxes to use, and a default home which I use as a base to res and test stuff.

Sep 20, 2018
UK
SL Rez
Joined SLU
March, 2010
SLU Posts
I will always be a premium member for the sole fact that I love living and owning land on the SL wild wild west of the Mainlands. Endless roads to travel etc. I have had Linden Homes which I loved, Every style. Now I have a double plot of 1024's with a hobbit house and I love it. Stipends could be more but still good deal for me. I also love the private and mostly empty sandboxes and Premium only sims to explore. Never a griefer to be seen.
Are you looking forward to the new Linden Homes? Could you see yourself moving?

Sep 21, 2018
I'm premium, have been for all my avatars life. and since I still get 500L per week stipend I actually get some small change out of it, 26000L$ is a bit more than what the yearly premium fee can buy.

Sid

Only available with a mug of coffee.
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Sep 20, 2018
Limburg, Netherlands
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Oct 2009
I also love the private and mostly empty sandboxes and Premium only sims to explore. Never a griefer to be seen.
I haven't been in a Linden driven sandbox for at least a decade. Are they really so much better these days?
I must have a look then. Then becoming premium might make sense for me.

Jan 12, 2019
SL Rez
I've been premium since a few days after I joined. I did it initially for the Linden Home, and then stayed premium because most of the time I've owned mainland. I have rented from private estates from time to time, but there's just something about owning my own mainland parcel, even if it's in addition to renting a little place as well on a private estate (I like setting up houses :) ).

Oct 7, 2018
You can only get to a Premium Sandbox after your membership takes effect. There are 4 or 5 sims of sandboxes and usually lots of space to use.
Once I see the new Linden Homes I will decide if I will give up my mainland plot to move.