Are you a Second Life Premium member?

Myficals

Pop!
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Feb 2010
SLU Posts
I've not always been premium, but have so for the majority of my Second Life. Originally signed up a few months after joining, dropped back to a free account about a year later, then, maybe two years after that, went premium again and have been so ever since.

I like my little slice of Bay City.

Jupiter

Still under construction
Joined SLU
07-05-2010
SLU Posts
I've been premium for years, since at least 2012. I get the L$300 stipend. I'm not really sure what made me go premium. For a while I rented here and there and eventually lived in a series of Linden Homes. Recently I bought my first parcel, a 1024 across from Linden protected beach. I love that. I definitely like having 60 instead of 42 groups (I wish I could have more!). The premium gifts are meh.

What I'd love to see for premium members is an idea that I saw Penny Patton propose, around being able to move more easily within Mainland.

ent|ty

Honesty Is Better
I have paid for premium because I get the Premium Sandboxes to use, and a default home which I use as a base to res and test stuff.

Benjamin Opel

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
March, 2010
SLU Posts
I will always be a premium member for the sole fact that I love living and owning land on the SL wild wild west of the Mainlands. Endless roads to travel etc. I have had Linden Homes which I loved, Every style. Now I have a double plot of 1024's with a hobbit house and I love it. Stipends could be more but still good deal for me. I also love the private and mostly empty sandboxes and Premium only sims to explore. Never a griefer to be seen.
Are you looking forward to the new Linden Homes? Could you see yourself moving?

Lance Corrimal

I'm premium, have been for all my avatars life. and since I still get 500L per week stipend I actually get some small change out of it, 26000L$ is a bit more than what the yearly premium fee can buy.

Sid

Life is too short to drink bad coffee.
SL Rez
Joined SLU
I also love the private and mostly empty sandboxes and Premium only sims to explore. Never a griefer to be seen.
I haven't been in a Linden driven sandbox for at least a decade. Are they really so much better these days?
I must have a look then. Then becoming premium might make sense for me.

MoiraKathleen

SL Rez
I've been premium since a few days after I joined. I did it initially for the Linden Home, and then stayed premium because most of the time I've owned mainland. I have rented from private estates from time to time, but there's just something about owning my own mainland parcel, even if it's in addition to renting a little place as well on a private estate (I like setting up houses :) ).

Ziggy Starsmith

You can only get to a Premium Sandbox after your membership takes effect. There are 4 or 5 sims of sandboxes and usually lots of space to use.
Once I see the new Linden Homes I will decide if I will give up my mainland plot to move.

Khamon

Irish Harper
SL Rez
Joined SLU
There are new Linden homes? Where are they and are they situated on 1024sm lots? These are the things I need to know.

Kalel

hypnotized
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
I haven't been in a Linden driven sandbox for at least a decade. Are they really so much better these days?
I must have a look then. Then becoming premium might make sense for me.
premium sandboxes are amazing. fairly quiet no one bugs me or interrupts me. there might be one or two other people there..i go into the sky /rez a platform and do my thing. have gone afk there as well. there are several to choose from if one seems too crowded.. even tho i do have acess to 2 other private sandboxes i like to go there cause no one can find me there.

TycheShepherd

Bored oh so bored
There are new Linden homes? Where are they and are they situated on 1024sm lots? These are the things I need to know.
There are the new 350+ SSP regions currently closed to the public which look like they are laid out like Linden Homes but with larger plot sizes according to the map images - with ~ 20 - 24 "houses" per region that fits in with a 1024 plot size + plenty of protected land - Existing Linden Homes have ~50 512sqm plots per region with protected land

TycheShepherd

Bored oh so bored
I'm premium - the standard version, as is one of my Survey Bots (both for easier survey access to busy regions and it's cheaper to use their free land , rather than jumping a rental tier for the mainland I own )

• 1Like
Reactions: Brenda Archer

Benjamin Opel

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
March, 2010
SLU Posts
I have paid for premium because I get the Premium Sandboxes to use, and a default home which I use as a base to res and test stuff.
Are premium sandboxes more beneficial due to no noobs being present?

Kara Spengler

Queer OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon
SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
I'm premium, have been for all my avatars life. and since I still get 500L per week stipend I actually get some small change out of it, 26000L$ is a bit more than what the yearly premium fee can buy.
I am at 500 too. I get a kick out of the fact that, even without calculating the mainland tier in, LL is pretty much paying you to stay premium if you pay by the year and cash out in full. I pay by the year but never bother to cash out. After years I do not need to buy much (it is not like my virtual jeans ever wear out) but there is always some charity or whatever.

• 1Like

RyanSchultz

Social VR/Virtual Worlds Blogger
I wanted to report that I actually upgraded one of my avatars to Premium, just to be able to get into a flash sale at Junbug:

Second Life Steals, Deals, and Freebies: Junbug Flash Sale, TODAY ONLY!

I know, I know...but it was worth it to get into that particular sale! I saved thousands of Lindens on beautiful historical gowns for my medieval roleplay avatar (they were only L$10 each during the sale)! Now that I got my L$1,000 signup bonus after 45 days, I am unsubscribing from Premium (I was doing it month to month).

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Khamon

Irish Harper
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Day after tomorrow, costs $72 annually out of $100 accumulared from stipend sales through the year, pretty good deal.

EmpressOfCommunism

Too Cute for Capitalism ❤️
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Yes.

It's just inexpensive enough to be able to use the free 1024 and or lindenhome to still have privacy even when money is tight. Plus also, the sandboxes are (mostly) griefer free.

Benjamin Opel

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
March, 2010
SLU Posts
Day after tomorrow, costs $72 annually out of $100 accumulared from stipend sales through the year, pretty good deal.
Day after tomorrow?

Noirran

I've been premium since the day I signed up, always has been worth it to me. I also like going to the premium member sims and the portal.