2020 U.S. Presidential elections

Romana

The Timeless Child
Joined
Sep 21, 2018
Messages
5,097
SL Rez
2010
Welp, I don't think Kanye us going to take the black vote away from Biden


Maybe some of the stoner vote:

In a rambling speech, he criticized Harriet Tubman, broke down crying about abortion, and promised to legalize marijuana
 

danielravennest

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 21, 2018
Messages
3,708
SLU Posts
9073
Welp, I don't think Kanye us going to take the black vote away from Biden


Maybe some of the stoner vote:
I think Kanye is the stoner.

Meanwhile, the deadline to get on the ballot in South Carolina just passed. Number of signatures required: 10,000. Number Kanye submitted: 0. So he had a "campaign rally" in a state he won't be on the ballot for.

Personally, I think this is all just to get publicity. Him and his extended family are famous for being famous. Fame is where all their income comes from, so they need to stay in the news.
 

Zaida Gearbox

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 23, 2018
Messages
1,379

bubblesort

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 16, 2018
Messages
1,990
I'm voting libertarian. I disagree with them on almost everything, and I don't know much about their candidates, but I see them out there this week, in the 100 degree heat, getting signatures to put their candidates on the ballot in the middle of a pandemic, because the Pennsylvania courts won't let them off the hook like they did with the Deomcrats and Republicans. So the libertarians still have to get 250% more signatures than the big 2, and now they have to do it while the big 2 don't have to get any signatures at all. And they are doing it anyway! I respect that kind of hustle. They earned my vote the hard way. That's a big part of why I supported Bernie. I respect Trump's hustle, because he earns his votes, even if he's an evil bastard. Clinton had no hustle. Biden has no hustle. He's done one interview since he said "you ain't black" on a podcast, which was something like two months ago. His oratory skills are garbage, and his volunteer base is pathetic. He hasn't campaigned hard enough to be a local city dog catcher, let alone president, because he doesn't earn his votes. He purchases them. I can't give a mandate to lead to a guy like that. Especially with what's happening in Portland right now.

Aside from Biden's hustle problem... if you support Biden, you really can't be that dismayed at the Portland situation. Biden wrote the patriot act, the 94 and 96 crime bills, and he supported the 2011 NDAA. If you vote for him, you're voting for what's happening in Portland. I'm not saying vote for Trump, either. Just find something good to vote for. Vote for good things. Reward somebody who earns your mandate to lead.
 

Sid

Member from the past.
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined
Sep 20, 2018
Messages
7,133
IMHO It's about the future of your country.
Not about a relatively bunch of backbench details.

Who doesn't vote blue in November votes for further destruction and disruption on the USA.
Your mark may be with the libertarians on the ballot, but your actual vote goes Trumpty Dumpty.
A Libertarian win, that will just not happen. So you'll help Pennsylvania to stay red once more.

And besides: You are basically saying : Trump is abusing his presidential powers in Portland and it is all Biden's fault.
Yeah, right.
You can easily toss in that Obama is responsible for the bad Covid-19 mismanagement from the Orange Office as well.
 
Last edited:

bubblesort

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 16, 2018
Messages
1,990
IMHO It's about the future of your country.
Not about a relatively bunch of backbench details.

Who doesn't vote blue in November votes for further destruction and disruption on the USA.
Your mark may be with the libertarians on the ballot, but your actual vote goes Trumpty Dumpty.
A Libertarian win, that will just not happen. So you'll help Pennsylvania to stay red once more.

And besides: You are basically saying : Trump is abusing his presidential powers in Portland and it is all Biden's fault.
Yeah, right.
You can easily toss in that Obama is responsible for the bad Covid-19 mismanagement from the Orange Office as well.
Those back bench details gave Trump the authority to use the military as an occupying force on American soil. Biden is directly responsible for that. He openly brags about it. Your vote for him is a direct endorsement of the federal actions in Portland.

If you want to be a fascist, at least don't be in denial about it.

Also, telling me I'm voting for Trump because I refuse to vote for somebody who refuses to earn votes honestly is completely insane. It does not follow, at all. I vote for good things. You should, too.