Pancake
Fluffer
- Joined
- Sep 20, 2018
- Messages
- 681
- Location
- Canada
- SL Rez
- 2007
- Joined SLU
- 2011
- SLU Posts
- 8642
It's a rough job, but someone has to do quality assurance on Beaver Tails.I’ll add, though, Pancake isn’t an American civil servant.
It's a rough job, but someone has to do quality assurance on Beaver Tails.I’ll add, though, Pancake isn’t an American civil servant.
You don't need to defend yourself against anyone. But that...It's a rough job, but someone has to do quality assurance on Beaver Tails.
This here just blew me away!
Many moons ago, when I was in college, my then girlfriend's dad worked in D.C. at the highest level of civil service before you get to political appointees. His take was "Political appointees come and go. But we're the ones who know how the agency works and keep it running. If we get a bad boss put in place, which happens sometimes, we just wait them out." Apparently there are plenty of ways to delay things with "rule book slowdowns". "Oh, we have to circulate this for review to all 23 departments" (and then there is only one copy circulating for hand signatures, and it takes forever.)Not to mention the impact it would have on society if civil servants quit their jobs every time someone they didn't vote for got elected. One of the pillars of being a public servant, is to serve the public, regardless of administration and personal political beliefs.
What a wonderful world we live in that you can outsource evil.Those hysterectomies have been performed by a private doctor in detention facilities owned and operated by private interests. Those people are not civil servants. The government has outsourced it.
Typhoid Trump.I just realized that a snooty, coronavirus-related nickname for Trump I've seen used now and again since the summer really fits now:
The Plague Rat in Chief.
Yep, been using that one for a few days now. If not patient zero, he certainly is an active spreader.
I'm just relieved he seems to have recovfefed.Yep, been using that one for a few days now. If not patient zero, he certainly is an active spreader.
Are we sure he isn't still coughefing all over others whatever his state?I'm just relieved he seems to have recovfefed.
It's a rough job, but someone has to do quality assurance on Beaver Tails.
Right, workers not political appointees are like in pretty much any company. All over the map in their personal politics and always a few who have worked there for decades.Thing is, like most 'Deep State' folks, I'd wager most of those people have been working at the white house since W Bush or Obama were president. And technically, they aren't working for the orange excrement, but working for US, the American people.
Though obviously, at least some of us ARE jerks, or we wouldn't have him in office.
THUNDEROUS APPLAUSE!!!I'm glad you had that option, and many would do the same.
My point is, it isn't fair to say people who work for the government, or for Trump, deserve what they get by working for <insert leader here>.
It might be old fashioned, but there are those of us who feel called to Public Service. Antiquated value as it might be, there are those of us for whom it's an integral part of our values and identity. There are also many who are in a profession where the only employer is the Government, where that be specialized professions like Nurses, Doctors, Teachers, Social Workers, Military, Firefighters, etc or those who live in communities where the best/only employer is the Government and they have a family to support.
Not to mention the impact it would have on society if civil servants quit their jobs every time someone they didn't vote for got elected. One of the pillars of being a public servant, is to serve the public, regardless of administration and personal political beliefs.
Could I quit tomorrow and get another job? Absolutely. I'm not going to dox myself, but I'm in a profession that has a single employer, the government, and yet if I put my job title on my resume many other industries would still hire me for something else based on those credentials and experience.
It's not easy, I won't pretend it's easy, either for me, or for the Secret Service, or anyone who is a public servant in the White House. It's not simply about getting another job though, it's a moral dilemma at your core. Walking away from your calling, your passion, your values, because they don't align with the leadership vs hoping to stay on an affect even some small amount of change. It's sometimes not even about quitting, I'm pretty sure the signs are aligning to a general strike in my province, and again I'll be forced with a tough decision. As an essential service, I won't be allowed to walk completely, legally or morally, but I'll have to maintain some level of job action that still serves the pubilc, while supporting my peers who are on full strike.
It's never so simple as saying people deserve what they get.
One question left:
Heretic!One question left:
Who is Rick Moranis?