Bartholomew Gallacher
Administrator
- Joined
- Sep 26, 2018
- Messages
- 7,089
- SL Rez
- 2002
He is dead serious.There are people claiming Pompeo was only joking about having a smooth transition for Trump's second term.
He is dead serious.There are people claiming Pompeo was only joking about having a smooth transition for Trump's second term.
Despots are like erections: spineless things that tend to deflate when nobody takes them seriously. And now we don’t have to. For this reason, it is important that we continue to treat those who follow despots with exactly the amount of respect they deserve. Sure, we can be kind and compassionate. But kindness is not the same as instant forgiveness before there’s even been an apology.
Nobody owes respect to anyone who has indulged their most cowardly tendencies and demeaned both themselves and their community. Yes, millions of people have thrown in their lot with lying exuberant fascists because they’re too fragile to cope with a reality where women and people of colour and queer people might matter as much as them. The modern far-right, of which Trump is absolutely a part, has weaponised its own moral weakness and waged war on reality, and there have been real casualties, and there now have to be real consequences. They built an entire movement on the basis of their refusal to handle their emotions like adults.
Right, but this is an elected lawmaker who cannot spell nor presumably understand that which he desires to happen. How does such a person get into power? Does he have any understanding of secession, its historical precedent and ramifications?This, ladies and gentlemen, is Mississippi. It would be crazy if he wasn't repeating common country club barroom hunting lodge church house conversation. The Purity truly believe it will happen one day just as surely as they're supernaturally immune from poverty and disease.
If their job description was Apple Genius, or if they scored above 139 on an IQ test, I would Call them that.Anchor describes people who anchor a tv program that Involves the reporting of others, it’s not an award of merit.If they called themselves geniuses, that's how you'd refer to them?
I have a small group of childhood friends who are like family. Some have cut off the relationship with those on the Other Side. I have considered it many times, but have chosen just to avoid any political discussion. it’s not like they are able to hear truth.An update on dealing with those we fear we have either already lost, or may lose. I received this from my sister. Of course, she is still falling deeper and deeper into the grasp of far right media, still intending on some kind of mass exodus from FB into that Parler hate fest, still speaking as if Trump had the election stolen from him and so on, but some forward movement in the acknowledgment of the damage it has done. What worries me in the decision to no longer discuss politics, I may not be able to reverse or challenge any misconceptions that will surely arise from reading those news sources.
I have been doing a whole lot of thinking these past several months. As we all know way too well, we are a very divided country. It didn't stop with our country, it has divided our families, our friendships and even our marriages. We all have very strong opinions, we each have our own experience. I can't speak for anyone besides myself, although there are many important issues at stake, when I lay my head down at night, I don't feel good about any of it. I have decided to rely on my faith. For me, I will humbly accept what ever He has planned. I never again in this life will debate political anything. That doesn't mean I won't ever vote, and that
doesn't mean I don't care about people and their needs. It just means that my family and friends are far more important to me than fighting a politician's battle. I pray that, one day it will become a more peaceful process. I pray that they would begin to run specifically on policies.
With that said, I'm truly sorry for hurting you. I'm truly sorry for hurting my children, my friends, and even my husband. I never meant to hurt anybody. I believe you and them never meant to hurt me either. All of you are what is important to me. I'm done. Good night. I love you with all my heart and I pray we can heal from this.
In reverse order, he does not, and neither do any of them realize the diastrous economic and social ramifications. But they believe they do and that he's capable of making it happen. How the fuck does a person like this gain power with a following of crazypants? Dunno, Johnson, Brexit, who knows.Right, but this is an elected lawmaker who cannot spell nor presumably understand that which he desires to happen. How does such a person get into power? Does he have any understanding of secession, its historical precedent and ramifications?
Trump supporters are a lot like Flat Earthers. Even in the midst of overwhelming evidence against their beliefs, they will white knuckle their thinking because it's their entire identity. Without their beliefs, they are nothing.
No clue why but it’s Robert Jeffries the Evengelical super supporter saying Biden is elected, Christians should pray for him, and other stuff that will make Trump’s head explode.Now it's merely unavailable rather than deleted.