- Joined
- Sep 20, 2018
- Messages
- 7,133
Yes, 'anchor' is almost universally applied to those who host (or, anchor) a show that involves *primarily* news reporting from others. For shows where some or no reporting is mixed in with opinion and commentary, they tend to be referred to as a host. For example:If their job description was Apple Genius, or if they scored above 139 on an IQ test, I would Call them that.Anchor describes people who anchor a tv program that Involves the reporting of others, it’s not an award of merit.
Rachel Maddow is host of the Emmy Award-winning “The Rachel Maddow Show” on msnbc.
Yet several including Ari are called anchors by MSNBC:Yes, 'anchor' is almost universally applied to those who host (or, anchor) a show that involves *primarily* news reporting from others. For shows where some or no reporting is mixed in with opinion and commentary, they tend to be referred to as a host. For example:
![]()
It doesn't. Anchoring the election reporting but hosting his own show.Hope that clarifies the confusion.

Incorrect.Sioux.
He followed the motto, "If at first you don't secede, try try again."Right, but this is an elected lawmaker who cannot spell nor presumably understand that which he desires to happen. How does such a person get into power?
Not to mention that fact that if you weren't born in the south you are NOT a Southerner. If you're from the "North" you're a damn yankee. If you're from the western states or anywhere else, you're a foreign yankee.No, that prick, there I go again with the cuss words, is nothing but a grifter pure and simple. I don't want to disparage NYC as that is his home, especially since they hate his guts, but yeah, he is a northerner.
Bravo to this young man! Today was also my grandfather's birthday (He served in the SE Asian Theatre of WWII). If he were still with us, he would have the same thing to say, I'm positive.
My maternal Grandfather's birthday is the 16 - he served in the Pacific too - on the Tennessee. And yeah. I come from a long line of soldiers and sailors, including my dad. The constant right wing attacks on everything they fought for, and even on them is just .... beyond angering.Bravo to this young man! Today was also my grandfather's birthday (He served in the SE Asian Theatre of WWII). If he were still with us, he would have the same thing to say, I'm positive.
Yeah, mine was a scout in the 132nd Infantry Regiment serving in the Phillipine Islands, Bougainville, New Caledonia and Guadalcanal. There is a book of personal accounts written regarding their personal experiences. It's out-of-print I believe, but I still have his, bookmarked and note-filled version (Orchids in the Mud). I also have the assorted medals he received during his time spent there. They were passed down to my mother who has since passed them to me.My maternal Grandfather's birthday is the 16 - he served in the Pacific too - on the Tennessee. And yeah. I come from a long line of soldiers and sailors, including my dad. The constant right wing attacks on everything they fought for, and even on them is just .... beyond angering.
Lawyers at the firms behind Donald Trump's 'election fraud' lawsuits have raised concerns they are helping to undermine the integrity of American elections, with at least one attorney quitting out of protest.
Several senior attorneys at Jones Day and Porter Wright Morris & Arthur have spoken out on the condition of anonymity to reveal they are unhappy with their employers' association with the president and with the efforts to discredit the election process, according to the New York Times.
Corleone had it almost right.I've always agreed with the words of that great political philosopher Michael Corleone, in Godfather III: Never hate your enemies. It affects your judgment.