US Election Day 2020

Cristiano

Cosmos Betraying Fiend
Admin
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Nov 2003
SLU Posts
I thought I would start a thread specifically for today's election. God help us all, no matter what, it's going to be a shitshow I fear.

Ariane

In on the first page.

I hope that Biden's win is decisive enough that we don't have to wait around for days or weeks waiting for recounts and court battles. I want this mess over with quickly!

I've looked into Arizona's early voting numbers, registration numbers, and best polling numbers to predict a Biden win in Arizona.
Biden: 1,558,000
Trump: 1,401,000

Sid

Time for another coffee.
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
No horse in the race, but I care for all of you.
Hearts and hugs people.
<3
I think the whole (western) world has a horse in this race.
4 More years of Trump at the wheel is a major problem and pain for all of us.
A political unstable USA is exactly what we don't need.

So I only agree with the hearts and hugs part.
May the forces and spirits be with the USA today and the upcoming months.

Sid

Time for another coffee.
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Hm...Look at them and count the masked people vs the unmasked. It's not for sure, but that might be a good indicator.
There are republican mask wearing people too I guess.
So I don't try to read something out of that.

I only think, how idiotic long that line would be, if a lot of people hadn't voted already.
The US has to rethink their election procedures IMHO.

• 1Agree
Reactions: Rose Karuna

Jolene Benoir

Hello World
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Dec 2010

I only think, how idiotic long that line would be, if a lot of people hadn't voted already.
Well, yes, but if you start to see a ton of them not wearing them. it's a good indicator. Look at the unmasked for a good indicator.

Jolene Benoir

Hello World
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Dec 2010

My only saving grace for that is that in wanting to give us some kind of *surprise victory* like they did in 2016, alongside a helping of "I ain't afraid of no Covid-19" a fair amount of Republicans have decided to wait until election day itself, is that they get a taste of their own medicine.

I hope those fuckers have long ass lines and have to face their own crazies who want to "monitor" polling places. They could have voted early like a lot of people did, but are so damn determined to stick it to us as well as show their false bravado.

Sadly, I cannot really hope for that, as I pity the poor democrats who might be in line. I could foresee a situation where the "poll watchers" try to intimidate and the dems are outnumbered and not a single Republican soul stands up for our process.

• 1Hug
Reactions: Myradyl Muse

Veritable Quandry

Specializing in derails and train wrecks.
SL Rez
Joined SLU
20something
SLU Posts
My only saving grace for that is that in wanting to give us some kind of *surprise victory* like they did in 2016, alongside a helping of "I ain't afraid of no Covid-19" a fair amount of Republicans have decided to wait until election day itself, is that they get a taste of their own medicine.

I hope those fuckers have long ass lines and have to face their own crazies who want to "monitor" polling places. They could have voted early like a lot of people did, but are so damn determined to stick it to us as well as show their false bravado.

Sadly, I cannot really hope for that, as I pity the poor democrats who might be in line. I could foresee a situation where the "poll watchers" try to intimidate and the dems are outnumbered and not a single Republican soul stands up for our process.
They won't be monitoring white neighborhoods.

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Polls (actually, poll, as in singular) open at 7am in my town. I was there 2 minutes after, already a line around most of the building (school).

I almost turned around with the goal to vote tonight after work. Instead I decided to stick it out. Took almost an hour to get into the voting booth and ink in my ovals. Got to work about 10 minutes later than I usually do. Not horrible.

Done my civic duty. Where do I pick up a firearm?

Archer

Arch Enemy
SL Rez
Joined SLU
A large turnout is good for everyone. Lines have been long in many places that do early voting, so long lines today are an indicator that people are invested in this election. Apathy is part of why we're in this mess to begin with. It's going to be a long day, a long few days while results are solidified.

Aribeth Zelin

Faeryfox
SL Rez
Joined SLU
03-11-2011
SLU Posts
Polls (actually, poll, as in singular) open at 7am in my town. I was there 2 minutes after, already a line around most of the building (school).

I almost turned around with the goal to vote tonight after work. Instead I decided to stick it out. Took almost an hour to get into the voting booth and ink in my ovals. Got to work about 10 minutes later than I usually do. Not horrible.

Done my civic duty. Where do I pick up a firearm?
Sporting goods shops tend to have long arms, or pawnshops.....

• 1Thanks
Reactions: Free

Maggy Hazelnut

Cat Herder
Joined SLU
March 2009
SLU Posts
I have a bottle of fireball whiskey to drink while watching election results later on today. If it looks like Biden is winning then it'll be a celebration. If it goes the unthinkable other way then I'll drown myself in it. haha Not starting until later in the day of course.

Aribeth Zelin

Faeryfox
SL Rez
Joined SLU
03-11-2011
SLU Posts
A large turnout is good for everyone. Lines have been long in many places that do early voting, so long lines today are an indicator that people are invested in this election. Apathy is part of why we're in this mess to begin with. It's going to be a long day, a long few days while results are solidified.
Well, traditionally, not good for the ANP [I mean GOP]..... more voters tend to mean much higher chances of Dems winning.