Tucker Carlson is a f*cking lunatic, white supremacist, mysogynist, and Russian propagandist

detrius

Joined SLU
09-30-2007
SLU Posts
I'd love for him to be the GQP candidate since he'd have no chance. The only people who like Tucker are people who'd never in a million years vote democrat anyway.
I'd describe the relationship between right-wing propaganda outlets and its consumers as mental incest: their "news" tells their audience what they want to hear and their audience believes whatever they're told.

Last edited:

Beebo Brink

Climate Apocalypse Alarmist
SL Rez
I wonder about the suddenness of it all -- that Fox fired one of their biggest names so unexpectedly and without warning suggests something's badly amiss that we haven't yet heard about.
Speculation runs rampant, of course, but these tidbits from various analysts and commentators stood out the most for me:
  • Firing Tucker during the Dominion lawsuit proceedings would have been too much like an admission of guilt.
  • The discovery process from the Dominion lawsuit brought out some really unflattering comments Tucker made about Fox executives, which could not have helped him any.
  • Fox takes a VERY dim view of "talent" that think they run the network.
  • The Grossberg lawsuit has the potential to open Fox up to significant liability, which they can somewhat deflect by saying "But look, he's gone now!"
So rather than one single factor, it may have been a perfect storm of multiple issues coming to a head for Tucker.

Dakota Tebaldi

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts
I'm going to miss his comical slack-jaw look whenever he's pausing to let someone else talk.

Ha ha no I'm not. I always wonder how many flies that guy has accidentally eaten in his life.

Katheryne Helendale

🐱 Kitty Queen 🐱
SL Rez
Joined SLU
October 2009
SLU Posts
I'm going to miss his comical slack-jaw look whenever he's pausing to let someone else talk.

Ha ha no I'm not. I always wonder how many flies that guy has accidentally eaten in his life.
Yep. I was just about to comment about his chronic deer-in-the-headlights look.

detrius

Joined SLU
09-30-2007
SLU Posts
  • 1* Popcorn *
  • 1Yay!
  • 1Thanks
Reactions: Ellie, Govi and Soen Eber

Beebo Brink

Climate Apocalypse Alarmist
SL Rez
Tucker Carlson breaks silence after abrupt departure from Fox News
Tucker Carlson has broken his silence for the first time since his abrupt departure from Fox News, posting a video to Twitter that did not directly address his reported firing.
On Wednesday, Carlson shared a cryptic two-minute video on his Twitter account that did not explain his exit, but offered sweeping complaints about the state of American discourse. He said what he noticed “when you step away from the noise for a few days,” is how nice some people are.

“The other thing you notice when you take a little time off is how unbelievably stupid most of the debates you see on television are,” he added. “They’re completely irrelevant. They mean nothing. In five years we won’t even remember we heard them. Trust me, as somebody who participated.”
ETA: Fixed link

Last edited:

Free

When The Onion asks, I answer.
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Burn baby burn.

Scoop: Tucker Carlson ready to torch Fox News
Tucker Carlson is preparing to unleash allies to attack Fox News in an effort to bully the network into letting him work for — or start — a right-wing rival, sources close to him tell Axios.

Bryan Freedman, the high-powered Hollywood lawyer Carlson retained for the contract dispute, told Axios: "The idea that anyone is going to silence Tucker and prevent him from speaking to his audience is beyond preposterous."