Trump tests positive for coronavirus

Pancake

Fluffer
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
So at the next rally, Trump is going to reveal this was all an elaborate social experiment right? Reminiscent of The Wave circa 1981?

He was a democrat all along, and every moment since the escalator ride was to prove the evils of populism and fascism. But they never expected to get elected, so they’ve been continuing the ruse to see just how low people are capable of going.

With the election around the corner and of course unforeseen pandemic, the only responsible thing to do is let everyone in on it

Noodles

Queen of Ramen
SL Rez
Joined SLU
04-28-2010
SLU Posts
So at the next rally, Trump is going to reveal this was all an elaborate social experiment right? Reminiscent of The Wave circa 1981?

He was a democrat all along, and every moment since the escalator ride was to prove the evils of populism and fascism. But they never expected to get elected, so they’ve been continuing the ruse to see just how low people are capable of going.

With the election around the corner and of course unforeseen pandemic, the only responsible thing to do is let everyone in on it
It was all a ruse to get the GOP to expose themselves and get the country motivated to "Drain the Swamp".

• 1Interesting
Reactions: Katheryne Helendale

Kara Spengler

Queer OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon
SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
I've seen more than a few people speculate that Trump's last negative test was months ago and was likely his ONLY test, given how painful and uncomfortable the actual test is. He has probably been relying on the negative tests of those around him to keep himself safe.
That sounds like what it would do. Everyone else would be glad to have that sort of access to covid tests and not paying for them.

Kara Spengler

SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts

It would be nice but unfortunately I doubt he is that clever. I grew up in a small town in new england. The kind of place where any 2 random people will likely wildly disagree on politics but respect each other for being able to make a cogent argument for their side. Now with his cult though? People do not even try, I can usually poke a hole in their arguments right away ... not that they will admit it, they do things like insist they can have any facts they want and data showing the opposite is wrong because, well because. I was on the community mailing list but left it before his cult kicked me off because I still know people there. Not only do I have the original politics from there from when I was a kid but have known how to deal with net trolls since the 80s. Unfortunately I know if people near you get mad at losing they might grab a weapon.

• 1Thanks
Reactions: Pancake

Cindy Claveau

Joined SLU
June 2007
SLU Posts
So he can not do a virtual debate but can do an in person event?
It's classical Trumpian logic. As in none. He personally thrives on the crowds as they feed his narcissism. A virtual debate would be too Harvard Library for him - just the facts, no screaming and ranting. No interrupting. What's the fun of that for a boorish loony?

Kara Spengler

SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
It's classical Trumpian logic. As in none. He personally thrives on the crowds as they feed his narcissism. A virtual debate would be too Harvard Library for him - just the facts, no screaming and ranting. No interrupting. What's the fun of that for a boorish loony?
Its cult does that to. A good way to do a debate is for both sides to start by agreeing to the facts then argue based on them. He and his people will blatantly state they should be allowed their own facts now when the existence of the facts are not in question, just whether or not you like them.

• 1Agree
Reactions: Cindy Claveau

Jopsy Pendragon

I'm now giving negative Eff's. I'm in debt.
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
So he can not do a virtual debate but can do an in person event?
The mojo Troubled Rump sold his soul for is significantly less effective when not used 'in person'?

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
Looks like Trump's increasingly bizarre behaviour since his illness started may not be 'roid rage at all

“We need to exercise caution in attributing any particular form of behavior to side effects of medication,” said Edward Shorter, a medical historian at the University of Toronto. “Trump has such a long history of bizarre and erratic behavior that the latest manifestation of it need not be a medication side effect at all.”
Very interesting account of what's known about the various drugs he's been on.