The Russia-Ukraine War has begun

Sid

Time for another coffee.
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Santa only flies on one might of the year. You know that!
That's right, my theory is as stupid as the heart attack theory. That's why I posted mine unterneath that propaganda story.

GoblinCampFollower

SL Rez
That's right, my theory is as stupid as the heart attack theory. That's why I posted mine unterneath that propaganda story.
Santa goes on numerous supply runs between Christmases that just aren't as publicized. So your theory is 100% plausible. If it's the case, then I feel so sorry for a noble leader like Putin taking the blame. Putin would never kill anybody! I'm of course being 100% super-DUPER serious.

Soen Eber

Vatican mole
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Elon Musk said that he denied a request from Ukrainian government, which - if followed - would have led to the destruction of Russian warships.

[obvious reaction to Musk getting 98% approval on twitter being obvious, obviously]

Does he live in a bubble?

Free

When The Onion asks, I answer.
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Ukraine will receive satellite communications aid from the Swedish company Satcube. It will send around 100 of its portable satellite internet terminals to Ukraine, the company’s CEO, Jakob Kallmer, told Swedish media. Germany will fund the aid. It will bolster Ukraine’s internet connection, including in the military, in addition to already used Starlink terminals.

The Satcube terminals can provide broadband connectivity via satellites operated by the US company Intelsat. Germany funded the $6 million purchase and will deliver the equipment. Satcube said its first terminals will arrive in Ukraine this summer but does not know if the military will use them. CEO Jakob Kallmer doesn’t object to use by the military. He also said the order is Satcube’s largest since starting production in 2017.

Cindy Claveau

Radical Left Degenerate
SL Rez
Joined SLU
June 2007
SLU Posts

Soen Eber

Vatican mole
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Well we've certainly been getting a fair decent review and tear down of our materials and doctrine on our regularly scheduled once-per-generational operational field test and promotion event. It's a bit more convenient for us this time around because the Ukrainians are also stepping up to field the home force staffing on their own demonstration grounds, even if there is a minor black swan end-of-useful-life accelerated depreciation risk associated with the selection of oppforce. (Atta-Boy Ukraine, we need more motivated people like you!). This doesn't match as closely as we'd like with our preferred selection criteria as we prefer engaging proxies to mitigate our own long-tail human resource liabilities and provide a mangeable exit plan, but we couldn't not jump on this due to the associated cost benefits and real-time near-peer testing opportunities that are available to us. We further believe we can reasonably manage these challenges and wrap up with a successful conclusion for our audit committee to report on.

(Sorry if I keep fidgeting on this; but I'm still developing my Kubrichian-styled gray-flannel "company man" black humor narrative).

Seriously, is it really just a coincidence that we can test our weapons and doctrine roughly once every twenty years or so on a big war? This is merely the on-going evolution of corporatized warfare and that "thing" Eisenhower warned us against.

Last edited:
  • 1lolwut?
Reactions: Govi

Bartholomew Gallacher

SL Rez
One of Putin's newly appointed generals gave an interview in July, where he told that Ukraine is just one stepping stone, he believes the war will last a long time and it will not stop in Ukraine.

Soen Eber

Vatican mole
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
One of Putin's newly appointed generals gave an interview in July, where he told that Ukraine is just one stepping stone, he believes the war will last a long time and it will not stop in Ukraine.

Hasn't that always been one of Putin's stated objectives for his reign?

Noodles

☑️
SL Rez
Joined SLU
04-28-2010
SLU Posts
Getting closer to the US supplying Ukraine with the ATACMS. It cannot be stated more clearly: this weapon will change the dynamics of the war. The Russians have nothing tactical that's even close for range and accuracy.
I have nothing to add except that "ATTACK EMS" is a funny name for missiles.

detrius

Joined SLU
09-30-2007
SLU Posts

(On the other hand, it's possible that he's faking it and trying to get away.)

Last edited:
  • 1Thanks
  • 1Like
Reactions: Cindy Claveau and Govi

Cindy Claveau

Radical Left Degenerate
SL Rez
Joined SLU
June 2007
SLU Posts
Russia’s Tank Situation is Bad and It’s Only Going to Get Worse

I'm not sure why the subheading is "new research". Anyone (like me) who's been following the war and looking at casualty numbers, as well as the amount of "new" equipment coming from the West, would be able to conclude that Russia's vaunted tank armies have been nearly decimated. Without quantity production of new vehicles, they're going to run out. It's math.

A recent French in-depth survey of Russian Federation tank production and losses has concluded the level of losses is such that it will be unable to conduct major armored operations for years to come, and that its army could effectively run out of tanks in Ukraine in 2025.