The Death of the Grand Old Party

Jolene Benoir

Hello World
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Dec 2010
By virtue of being black? We all know that a certain element lost their minds when he was elected, and then went on to elect, so we think, someone who was openly racist and they LOVE him.

Um...I don't have much more to say on this.

Romana

The Timeless Child
SL Rez
By virtue of being black? We all know that a certain element lost their minds when he was elected, and then went on to elect, so we think, someone who was openly racist and they LOVE him.

Um...I don't have much more to say on this.
Since people have been killed for driving while black and walking while black, of course being president (a two term president, at that) while black would surely be beyond the pale.

Free

Antifa-tigued
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Former President George W. Bush described the modern-day GOP as “isolationist, protectionist, and to a certain extent, nativist” in an interview Tuesday that was packed with implicit criticism of the most recent Republican president.

“It’s not exactly my vision” for the party, Bush told NBC’s “Today” show in a rare live TV appearance. “But, you know, I’m just an old guy they put out to pasture.”
Get along li'l Bushie.

Kamilah Hauptmann

Shitpost Sommelier
SL Rez
Oh hey the pre trump steel tariff guy has an opinion.

Free

Antifa-tigued
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
The cliff dwellings were really pretty dangerous places to live. Many fell to their deaths or were trapped in cave ins.
Sounds like a place most modern Americans would live...

Free

Antifa-tigued
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts

Jolene Benoir

Hello World
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Dec 2010
Remember how a few years ago on SLU I was against the south seceding from the union?

Not any more.
Unfortunately, much of the bad behavior, introduction of laws impeding voting rights is across the country now. Those states that were once subject to conditions by the VRA are now not the only ones introducing these laws. Northern states, e.g. Wisconsin and others are now in on the act, as well.

It is truly a nationwide issue. The gutting of the VRA opened this can of worms. As to the anti-protest bills, they're all in on the act on that, as well.

Last edited:

WolfEyes

SL Rez
Joined SLU
Unfortunately, much of the bad behavior, introduction of laws impeding voting rights is across the country now. Those states that were once subject to conditions by the VRA are now not the only ones introducing these laws. Northern states, e.g. Wisconsin and others are now in on the act, as well.

It is truly a nationwide issue. The gutting of the VRA opened this can of worms. As to the anti-protest bills, they're all in on the act on that, as well.
When hasn't it been a nationwide issue? They're just more blatant about it now.

I still had family in the south back then. All contact was severed about 2 years ago. I don't seem to have a family any more, if I ever did.

Aribeth Zelin

Faeryfox
SL Rez
Joined SLU
03-11-2011
SLU Posts
Thing is, its not north vs south, its republican controlled states vs democratic controlled or even purple states where they can't push this.

And the Florida one [which yes, I'm well aware of vehicler homicide being legal now, if the target's a protestor of the wrong sort - one of the cases happened here in my town [well on our currently busted brand new causeway] is already being contested - like the moment it was signed by DeSantis.

Katheryne Helendale

🐱 Kitty Queen 🐱
SL Rez
Joined SLU
October 2009
SLU Posts
I guess the only Amendment they care about is the 2nd.
But only if you're white. A person of color exercising their Second Amendment rights is likely to be shot and killed by police.

• 1Agree
Reactions: Aribeth Zelin