SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts

Cindy Claveau

SL Rez
Joined SLU
June 2007
SLU Posts
It's going to be very interesting when he's called to testify.
It's going to be a mud slinging contest. Trump will NOT cooperate no matter what, saying just barely enough to evade prosecution, deny deny deny, wave hands and blather about how corrupt everybody is but him.

Can't say I'd enjoy a second of it. I had enough of his orange face for 4 years already. I'll wait for the evening news highlights.

Soen Eber

Vatican mole
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
I'm still waiting for the bomb or the bullet. He's made enemies, and he's no longer useful to whoever has influence over him, whoever they are. Not a threat, just an observation and from reading too much history.

Jopsy Pendragon

If you can't dazzle'm with dexterity...
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Trump is so weird... he's as likely to incriminate himself on something completely tangential in his efforts to deflect from answering a direct question.

I say get him under oath and just poke him with some hot questions and let him ramble.

Romana

The Timeless Child
SL Rez
He doesn't have which self control to say just barely enough of anything.He'll ramble, rage, and rant, and he will not be able to stand up to a tenth of what Hillary had to endure.
Will be incriminate himself? That only happens on Law & Order. But the more he throws people under the bus, the more likely they are to say "WTF am i falling on my sword for this guy for?" unless whatever he has on them is worse.

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
He doesn't have which self control to say just barely enough of anything.He'll ramble, rage, and rant, and he will not be able to stand up to a tenth of what Hillary had to endure.
Will be incriminate himself? That only happens on Law & Order. But the more he throws people under the bus, the more likely they are to say "WTF am i falling on my sword for this guy for?" unless whatever he has on them is worse.
He's likely to commit perjury, I suspect. Criminals who know they're far too clever ever to be tripped up do it all the time, particularly when they're pressed on inconsistencies and they have to start making stuff up on the spot to explain them, generally making matters even worse.

Beebo Brink

Climate Apocalypse Alarmist
SL Rez
He's likely to commit perjury, I suspect.
Trump has limited ability to plan what he says beyond the immediate moment, and he doesn't work from facts, either in terms of lying or telling the truth. He says what makes him feel good at the moment, or that makes him look good (by his perspective). He is incapable of consistency, of maintaining a long reasoned line of defense because that's not even his goal. He is always focused on attention-seeking, grandiosity, self-affirmation and revenge on those who he perceives to have been disloyal to him. He is a lawyer's worst nightmare as a defendant.

GoblinCampFollower

SL Rez
Trump has limited ability to plan what he says beyond the immediate moment, and he doesn't work from facts, either in terms of lying or telling the truth. He says what makes him feel good at the moment, or that makes him look good (by his perspective). He is incapable of consistency, of maintaining a long reasoned line of defense because that's not even his goal. He is always focused on attention-seeking, grandiosity, self-affirmation and revenge on those who he perceives to have been disloyal to him. He is a lawyer's worst nightmare as a defendant.
YEP. I often get the impression that the number one trait a lawyer wants from a good client is when to shut the fuck up or say they don't know something... Trump seems totally incapable of these things. I think if his life depended on him being able to shut up for a minute, he'd die.

Cindy Claveau

SL Rez
Joined SLU
June 2007
SLU Posts
What shocks me is that he's been so capable of dodging a prison sentence. Not just as President (or ex) but even more so given his long history in the NY real estate business. He's always been corrupt, and he's mastered the mob art of "plausible deniability".

My hope is that such strategy plays itself out soon as he's hauled in front of courts with no allowance for bullshit or distraction. Even if it's just tax fraud charges - it worked with Capone.

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
Lawyers have give clients honest advice about their best interests, sometimes in quite robust terms.

However, it's up to the client how they run their case and if they're determined to give evidence, they'll give it, and then things go on from there.