The 1/6 hearings

Romana

The Timeless Child
SL Rez
More on McQarthy. "Nice telecom company you have there. Be a shame if anything happens to it."

ETA:

It will be ironic if the Republican "Patriot Act" brought these faux patriots down.
Of course, someone would actually have to enforce the law for that.

Last edited:

Free

I post a lot
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
WHAT DOES SHE HAVE TO HIDE?!!?!?!?!!1!

Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-GA) appeared on Tucker Carlson’s show Tuesday night, and threatened telecommunications companies with extinction if they cooperate with requests or subpoenas from the congressional committee investigating the January 6th Capitol insurrection.

Aribeth Zelin

Faeryfox
SL Rez
Joined SLU
03-11-2011
SLU Posts

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
That, and does anyone sane seriously think a few republicans are more powerful than giant corporations like Verizon or AT&T? lol.
No, but her constituency, and that of the MAGA crackpot fringe who were elected with her, is the people who are willing to pay good money to people in return for being told the most outrageous fairy tales about stolen elections, horse medicine for COVID, and heaven knows that else.

Their feelings don't care about your facts, as it were, and people like her pander to their particular constituency's feelings in return for their money and support.

danielravennest

SLU Posts

Free

I post a lot
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
This must be seriously busting McCarthy's balls. What there are of them.

Free

I post a lot
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Sorta related.

OPR was able to identify the officers involved in 26 of the cases. (Some complaints did not contain enough information to identify the officer at the center of the complaint.)

In 20 of the cases, no wrongdoing was found.
Violations were sustained and disciplinary action was recommended in six cases;
  • Three for conduct unbecoming
  • One for failure to comply with directives
  • One for improper remarks
  • One for improper dissemination of information
That last one about "improper dissemination of information" seems to be an officer who shared information about the secure location he helped lawmakers evacuate to.

Capitol Police officers face discipline for selfies with rioters, internal documents show
The allegation stems from a conversation the officer had with a friend the week after the riot in which he allegedly revealed information about the secure location he helped evacuate lawmakers to during the riot.

The friend, who is referred to as “ANONYMOUS” in the documents, called the FBI tip line to report the conversation and expressed concerns that the agent subscribed to Trump’s election conspiracy theories.
“I don’t want to report a friend of forty years but he’s says enough concerning statements that I feel like I need to do this... he’s just fallen into this cult and these beliefs,” the documents quote the anonymous friend as saying in a subsequent interview with Capitol Police.

The agent denied that he was sympathetic to the cause of the rioters, but he acknowledged that he may have inadvertently shared information about the secure location.

Romana

The Timeless Child
SL Rez
There's going to be a lot of that. Let's see if they do anything beyond referring.

Romana

The Timeless Child
SL Rez
Why TF does he think the guy who's office he's trying to usurp should have any reason to help him do so? Executive privilege (my iPad keeps wanting to make that into "executive prick" 😂) doesn't cover attempted coups and slander, and, to paraphrase a bit, " he keeps using those words. I do not think they mean what he thinks they mean."

Katheryne Helendale

🐱 Kitty Queen 🐱
SL Rez
Joined SLU
October 2009
SLU Posts
This is an example of why TFG spent his presidency loading the courts. It wasn't to promote the far-right agenda, though it does benefit from his efforts. No, It was solely to hide his graft and corruption.

Free

I post a lot
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts