second life Show your Second Life Photos

Bard Jameson

It is by will alone...
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
The striking redhead handed me an envelope and said, "Goodnight, Mr. Templar. I'll take a rain check on that offer of a drink. I don't expect the hundred I gave you to be enough to learn who killed my husband, so ring if you need more. But the killer must be found before I attend the opening of Rigoletto. That awful voice on the phone said I'd die like Gilda, stabbed and stuffed in an old sack, and I won't even get to sing an aria."

I said, "Don't worry, Mrs. Verdi. It's in the bag. You just hired the best dick in the city."

She laughed softly. "That's good to know. I'd hate to settle for second best of... anything."

It was the way she said it, all low and husky like the lead dog in a snow job. Made me think she knew a thing or two about my business. Also, about detective work. I figured that rain check was just the meal ticket that would put some pizza in the pantry.

I watched her turn and walk away and smiled the way I smile when I know which way the wind is blowing. It was blowing from her to me, and it smelled good. The dame had legs that went all the way to the ground and then some. As she disappeared into the fog she glanced over her shoulder and said, "Remember. Saturday night. See you then."

Yeah, I thought. Saturday night. See you in the sack, but not like Gilda. You'll be live and warm and I'll make you sing an aria, all right.

How could I know I'd never see her again, except as a photo in the paper captioned "Verdi Fortune Heiress Missing After Freak Storm at Sea."?

Brendarella

SL Rez
Joined SLU
Yes, I did.
Picture Puzzle Time: Can you tell RL from SL?

This photo was taken of a couple of residents in SL, that much is obvious. I can confirm It as I was one of them!
But take a closer look at that background. Was all that foliage made in SL or is it a RL photo used as a backdrop?
Place your bets...

In the Forest

Last edited:

Myficals

Pop!
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Feb 2010
SLU Posts

Lewis Luminos

The Gingerbeard Man
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
I'm jealous of those of you who are talented, have a good computer, and a good connection. When I try for something nice my computer and connection bog down and get so slow and jerky, so I usually don't bother and just take a simple snapshot ;)
More often than not, it's more about finding the right location than the ultra settings. Ultra is only necessary if you specifically want shadows. That Mystic Forest pic I did was on Medium-High.

If you're on a lower graphics setting, choose a Windlight option in which the Ambient light is higher than Sun/Moon light. Especially if you're taking a snapshot of an avatar.

This one was taken in 2013, on the crappy computer I had back then, no more than Medium settings for sure. But the bright ambient light makes it look so much better.

Bea McMahon

Sister Jazz
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
This is just a snap I took today, while exploring Cloudburst with Kay. Gorgeous build.

• 1Like
Reactions: Robert Jung

Han Held

Joined SLU
September, 2010
SLU Posts
I hope my post didn't sound like whining and complaining. The shhort answer is I just don't like waiting ;)
No worries -I'm in exactly the same boat. I look over most of the photos posted to flickr and scratch my head b/c I have no idea what it takes to get a state-of-the-art modern photo these days.

It seems like we're way past picking out a proper windlight!

But as far as specifics go? I've not a clue!