WTF Sh*t's F*cked Up and Bullsh*t - a "Who Cares" thread for news

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
In the aftermath of Friday's terrorist incident at London Bridge, at which two young people were murdered:

ETA

Last edited:

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Twitter permanently banned Democratic Rep. Ilhan Omar's Republican opponent on Friday after she accused the Minnesota congresswoman of treason and wrote on the platform that Omar should be hanged.

Danielle Stella, a candidate hoping to challenge Omar for her Minnesota seat in the 2020 election, tweeted earlier this week, "If it is proven @IlhanMN passed sensitive info to Iran, she should be tried for #treason and hanged."

The post that followed included a crude drawing of a body hanging from gallows with a link to a right-wing website on her belief that Omar should be hanged if a conspiracy that Omar provided sensitive intelligence to Qatar and Iran were true.
One thing working in the Dems favor is, it's turning out that Republican candidates are all criminals.

Dakota Tebaldi

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts
LAPD officer under investigation for allegedly fondling dead woman's breasts

The incident occurred when the officer and his partner responded to a call about a possible dead woman in a residential unit, sources said. Once the two officers determined the woman was dead, one officer returned to the patrol car to retrieve something. During that time, the accused officer turned off his body-worn camera and allegedly fondled the woman’s breasts, LAPD officials said.

Although the officer deactivated the camera, a two-minute buffer on the device captured the incident. The department is also investigating the officer’s work history.

“We immediately launched an administrative investigation once we learned about the incident,” chief spokesman Josh Rubenstein said, “and we assigned the officer to home.” He declined to comment further.

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
Other Brits may be as surprised as were both the interviewees and I at the cost of healthcare in the US:

I don't want to try to think of a word for the likely US reaction to our naive amazement that something we see as a basic right, available free at the point of delivery, is so expensive in their country.

Brenda Archer

SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sept 2007
SLU Posts
Other Brits may be as surprised as were both the interviewees and I at the cost of healthcare in the US:

I don't want to try to think of a word for the likely US reaction to our naive amazement that something we see as a basic right, available free at the point of delivery, is so expensive in their country.
I think we’re so worn down here we’re starting to forget what human decency looks like.

That’s... not good.

Jolene Benoir

Hello World
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Dec 2010
Barr Warns ‘Communities’ That Protest Against Cops Could Lose Police Protection

“[Americans] have to start showing, more than they do, the respect and support that law enforcement deserves,” Barr said. The attorney general added that “if communities don’t give that support and respect, they might find themselves without the police protection they need.”
The Attorney General/head of Dept of "Justice"; Sure would be a shame if something happened to that nice community of yours.

Rose Karuna

Always cooking something up
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Barr Warns ‘Communities’ That Protest Against Cops Could Lose Police Protection

The Attorney General/head of Dept of "Justice"; Sure would be a shame if something happened to that nice community of yours.
The screw driver is for Barr.

Because when I look at what the cops really do today, I'm not so certain that my community wouldn't be better off without them.

They don't prevent crime. Hell, now they won't even come out and take a report for a theft or break in. If you want a report for your insurance company you have to go into the station and file one with a desk clerk.

They sometimes catch people after the crime although all the focus is on violent crime now. I guess that's something. Most people though are terrified of calling them because they (the caller) or a loved one or a pet in the family, may be the ones tazed or shot. In my neighborhood, the crime would have to be really violent before the police were called. Like a shooting or a rape or a home invasion.

Also in my [new] neighborhood most people are armed. Seriously armed. We're probably the exception. I'd rather use bear spray and a cast iron frying pan than a gun but I'm pretty sure quite a few of my neighbors would flat ass shoot anyone who broke into their house. I'm not saying that's right, I'm just saying that's reality here in Florida.

Cops don't make me feel secure, I'm more afraid of them than most of the criminals out there.

Jolene Benoir

Hello World
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Dec 2010
The screw driver is for Barr.

Because when I look at what the cops really do today, I'm not so certain that my community wouldn't be better off without them.

They don't prevent crime. Hell, now they won't even come out and take a report for a theft or break in. If you want a report for your insurance company you have to go into the station and file one with a desk clerk.

They sometimes catch people after the crime although all the focus is on violent crime now. I guess that's something. Most people though are terrified of calling them because they (the caller) or a loved one or a pet in the family, may be the ones tazed or shot. In my neighborhood, the crime would have to be really violent before the police were called. Like a shooting or a rape or a home invasion.

Also in my [new] neighborhood most people are armed. Seriously armed. We're probably the exception. I'd rather use bear spray and a cast iron frying pan than a gun but I'm pretty sure quite a few of my neighbors would flat ass shoot anyone who broke into their house. I'm not saying that's right, I'm just saying that's reality here in Florida.

Cops don't make me feel secure, I'm more afraid of them than most of the criminals out there.
The other thing, ,of course, is that many communities (usually inner-city, with some rural areas) already are under-served when it comes to police protection due to budget cuts made by Republicans. That has been going on for many, many years, the effect is cumulative in that even when a Dem gets in, it's very difficult to fix and even if they hire more officers, the next Republican will gut it in the budget. Of course it is larger than just police. They want to starve major American cities of funds needed to thrive by every possible means.

Priority 911 calls go unanswered in Minneapolis

“And because our staffing needs have not been properly addressed over many years. It has resulted in our current MPD resources being strained to capacity, and quite frankly we are hemorrhaging,” the Chief said. That was when the original estimate of priority one 911 calls going without an immediate police response was 1,251– between July 1, 2018 and June 30th, 2019. New data released over the weekend shows the real figure is more than five times that.

“There were 6,776 priority one calls that were made that we didn’t have an officer immediately able to respond,” Minneapolis Police public information officer John Elder said.

Those emergency calls include homicide and rape.

Last edited:
SL Rez
SLU Posts
It depends on where you live. I suspect the sort of things you describe are more the rule than the exception in the US. There used to be a web page here listing the police reports of the last week for the town. There were usually one or two mentions of someone breaking a window at the gas station or something.

Last edited:

Romana

The Timeless Child
SL Rez
It depends on where you live. I suspect the sort of things you describe are more the rule than the exception in the US. There used to be a web page here listing the police reports of the last week for the town. There were usually one or two mentions of someone breaking a window at the gas station or something.
Anywhere I've lived most people weren't armed. If they were I wouldn't feel at ease living there however the cops were. Too many stories of mistaken-identity shootings of neighbors. 😨

• 1Agree
Reactions: Brenda Archer
SL Rez
SLU Posts
Anywhere I've lived most people weren't armed. If they were I wouldn't feel at ease living there however the cops were. Too many stories of mistaken-identity shootings of neighbors. 😨
I have no idea how many people are armed here. I suspect not many but who knows?

Rose Karuna

Always cooking something up
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
I'm living on 5 acres out in the sticks now and yeah, they pretty much all talk about having high powered hunting rifles and hand guns. Not to mention almost all of them have BIG dogs. So, yeah, I'd never approach a neighbors property even during the day without phoning them first and letting them know I was stopping by.

We are a bit like a fish out of water in that we have neither a dog or a gun. My husband even changed the "No Trespassing" sign out for a politer "Private Drive" version and took down the "beware of dog" sign and put up a sign that says "Forget the dog, beware of the cat".

I hung up a sign that says "Beware of Octopus". (My husband still has not noticed it). 😈 Also I hung up another one that says "Please don't feed the Yeti". :cthulhu:

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
I'm living on 5 acres out in the sticks now and yeah, they pretty much all talk about having high powered hunting rifles and hand guns. Not to mention almost all of them have BIG dogs. So, yeah, I'd never approach a neighbors property even during the day without phoning them first and letting them know I was stopping by.

We are a bit like a fish out of water in that we have neither a dog or a gun. My husband even changed the "No Trespassing" sign out for a politer "Private Drive" version and took down the "beware of dog" sign and put up a sign that says "Forget the dog, beware of the cat".

I hung up a sign that says "Beware of Octopus". (My husband still has not noticed it). 😈 Also I hung up another one that says "Please don't feed the Yeti". :cthulhu:

Kamilah Hauptmann

Shitpost Sommelier
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Reluctantly