WTF Sh*t's F*cked Up and Bullsh*t - a "Who Cares" thread for news

WolfEyes

Well known member no one knows
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Peacenicks declare forever war.

The Mexican cartels are who the US gov should have been targeting all along, not its own citizens. Targeting users does nothing but cost everyone money they don't have to spare. Target the source, not the end user.

WolfEyes

SL Rez
Joined SLU
Arkansas now requires students to volunteer for community service

This is actually a bad and dumb idea IMO.

First of all, if it's mandatory, it's not volunteering, even if they're not getting paid and even if they technically get to "choose" the activity.

Second, apathetic teenagers who aren't personally invested in the objective and are only there because they're forced to be, are going to do a crap job at whatever the task is. It's going to make more work for whoever inevitably has to follow up and do it right (or do it at all). You can't legislate motivation.
The rate of high school dropouts in Arkansas are about to skyrocket.

Kokoro Fasching

SL Rez
Arkansas now requires students to volunteer for community service

This is actually a bad and dumb idea IMO.

First of all, if it's mandatory, it's not volunteering, even if they're not getting paid and even if they technically get to "choose" the activity.

Second, apathetic teenagers who aren't personally invested in the objective and are only there because they're forced to be, are going to do a crap job at whatever the task is. It's going to make more work for whoever inevitably has to follow up and do it right (or do it at all). You can't legislate motivation.
Ar-Kansas is bringing back slavery in every way it can.

Katheryne Helendale

🐱 Kitty Queen 🐱
SL Rez
Joined SLU
October 2009
SLU Posts
The Mexican cartels are who the US gov should have been targeting all along, not its own citizens. Targeting users does nothing but cost everyone money they don't have to spare. Target the source, not the end user.
Oh, but see, the majority of users were people of color, and they deserved to be punished.

/s

Soen Eber

Vatican mole
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Your God is Jewish
Your Religion is (mostly) Fanfiction written by Greeks and Romans and Egyptians and Anatolians
Your Alphabet is Phonecian
Your Numbers are Arabic and Hindu
Your Music is Greek, Your Rythm is African
Your Philosophy was taught by Egyptions to Greeks to Romans to You
... I'm sure there's more ...

Last edited:

Katheryne Helendale

🐱 Kitty Queen 🐱
SL Rez
Joined SLU
October 2009
SLU Posts

Dakota Tebaldi

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts
I dunno - if every other seat on the plane was occupied, what could the airline have possibly done in that case? It sounds like they tried everything they could to clean the seat as much as possible, but it seems like it wasn't enough to satisfy the passengers.

WolfEyes

SL Rez
Joined SLU
I dunno - if every other seat on the plane was occupied, what could the airline have possibly done in that case? It sounds like they tried everything they could to clean the seat as much as possible, but it seems like it wasn't enough to satisfy the passengers.
Depending on what made the person puke all over the seat(s), I'd want to know what disease I'm at risk to contract since I have a compromised immune system.

It would have cost the airline too much in quarterly profits to bring in another plane to board the passengers on while the one was being properly and thoroughly cleaned and fumigated.

I am so sick of capitalism and the destruction it is causing all of us.

Katheryne Helendale

🐱 Kitty Queen 🐱
SL Rez
Joined SLU
October 2009
SLU Posts
I mean, they could have offered a booking on another flight, as they do with any other case of overbooking. It's far better than telling them to just suck it up and threatening them with being put on a no-fly list if they complain.

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
The friendly skies have been very unfriendly lately. I hope this company gets sued!

Free

When The Onion asks, I answer.
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts

WolfEyes

SL Rez
Joined SLU
I think you'll be all right as long as you don't eat the airplane food... 🤢
My last commercial flight was in the early 80s. Last time I flew was in my dad's Aronca early 2000s.

Chances of me ever flying again are slim to none.

Lexxi

meow
SL Rez
Joined SLU
12-14-2007
SLU Posts
Not sure specific thread this fits, so put it here:
Actor Danny Masterson of That 70s Show sentenced to 30 years to life in prison for rape

A judge has sentenced "That '70s Show'' actor Danny Masterson to 30 years to life in prison for raping two women.

"This has been a long and arduous road for the victims of Mr. Masterson," read a statement from District Attorney George Gascón. "They not only survived his abuse, they also survived a system that is often not kind to victims."

NPR has reached out to Masterson's lawyer for a statement.

Masterson, a member of the Church of Scientology, was a star on the hit sitcom "That '70s Show," which ran from 1998 to 2006. He was first accused of sexual misconduct in 2017, which kicked off an investigation by the LAPD. In June 2020, he was charged with raping three women, including his former girlfriend, in his Hollywood Hills home between 2001 and 2003. The three women had all met Masterson through the Church of Scientology.