WTF Sh*t's F*cked Up and Bullsh*t - a "Who Cares" thread for news

Free

Antifa-tigued
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
The father of a transgender teen was arrested while testifying against an anti-trans bill in the Arkansas House because his speech went 30 seconds over his allotted time, even though he said that far-right representatives of hate groups were allowed to talk for nearly an hour over their allotted times.

“It was just shocked sitting there in jail thinking that this is what happens when you speak to people about how their proposed laws are affecting your children,” Chris Attig, 49, told them. “They don’t want to hear it. They put you in jail.”

Fascism.

Dakota Tebaldi

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts
I mean, yes we have Native Americans but candidly there isn't much Native American culture in American culture"
I'm trying to find out where he gave this speech, because in this country there's like an easy 50/50 chance that it was given in a city and/or state and most likely near a river that has a Native American name.

Jolene Benoir

Hello World
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Dec 2010
Candidly, Rick Santorum, might that have something to do with the fact that genocide occurred by people with a mindset like yours? Kind of hard to have widespread cultural influence when a large majority of your people were murdered.

Plus, they ARE still here, are still very much a part of our culture and fuck him for acting like they are not.

Free

Antifa-tigued
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
I'm trying to find out where he gave this speech, because in this country there's like an easy 50/50 chance that it was given in a city and/or state and most likely near a river that has a Native American name.
Frighteningly, the two of us we're thinking along the same lines on this one...

It seems to have happened at the "Standing Up for Faith and Freedom" conference in Reston VA, from April 23-24. It's one of a number of speaker-heavy events The Young America's Foundation (a.k.a. Trump Youth) put on through the year.

Virginia is certainly representative of a mindset of imperialism. As for Reston...It's kind of new.

EDIT
Event evidence on Archive.org: Standing Up for Faith and Freedom | Young America's Foundation

Last edited:

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts

Free

Antifa-tigued
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Kansas Rep. Mark Samsel arrested for battery after physical altercation with student
Kansas state Rep. Mark Samsel was arrested on charges of misdemeanor battery on Thursday after getting into a physical altercation with a student while substitute teaching in Wellsville.

Samsel, 36, was booked into the Franklin County Adult Detention Center after 3:30 p.m. Thursday. He has since been released on $1,000 bond, Sheriff Jeff Richards said.

Superintendent Ryan Bradbury said that Samsel will no longer be allowed to work for the district.
Oh, but if only the fight was the real story here...
On Wednesday, Samsel, R-Wellsville, was substitute teaching at the Wellsville school district’s secondary school. Throughout the day, high school students began recording videos of the lawmaker talking about suicide, sex, masturbation, God and the Bible.
In one video shared with The Star, Samsel tells students about “a sophomore who’s tried killing himself three times,” adding that it was because “he has two parents and they’re both females.”
At one point, Samsel tells the student, “You’re about ready to anger me and get the wrath of God. Do you believe me when I tell you that God has been speaking to me?” He then pushes him, and the student runs to the other side of the classroom.

“You should run and scream.”

In another video, he tells students, “Class, you have permission to kick him in the balls.”
OF COURSE HE'S A REPUBLICAN.

Free

Antifa-tigued
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
On the same day a distracted driving bill was introduced, state Sen. Andrew Brenner, R-Delaware, participated in a government video meeting while driving.

"I wasn't distracted. I was paying attention to the driving and listening to it (the meeting,)" Brenner said. "I had two meetings that were back to back that were in separate locations. And I've actually been on other calls, numerous calls, while driving. Phone calls for the most part but on video calls, I'm not paying attention to the video. To me, it's like a phone call."
The concept of political parody commented on the issue, saying "WTF I CAN'T GET A BREAK!!!"

WolfEyes

SL Rez
Joined SLU

Free

Antifa-tigued
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts