Nobody Cares! (Science & Tech Edition)

Katheryne Helendale

🐱 Kitty Queen🐱
SL Rez
Joined SLU
October 2009
I use Logitech trackballs. They're great devices that work perfectly with my laptop when I'm lounging in my recliner. Unfortunately, they use cheap switches for the buttons. I've had to replace the switches in all of the Logitech trackballs I've owned.

• 1Useful
Reactions: Govi

Kamilah Hauptmann

This Reality Blows
I might as well toss this in:

I'm on my second one, first one lasted for years. This one's been truckin' for years. Use for both MMO gaming and camera control in Blender. Before that I had a Razer numpad style mouse, it lasted six months before it crapped out. I got another thinking maybe just a fluke. Nope, six months.

Ashiri

√(-1)
SL Rez
SLU Posts
Hmm... The vast majority of my peripherals are Logitech and the trackball is very useful when I'm using my laptop.

Tigar

A Most Inappropriate Tigar 🐯
SL Rez
Joined SLU
🌟not on file
SLU Posts
Mouse crapped out in six months anyway. This Logitech's been truckin for years now.
I had a Logitech trackball 🖲 that lasted me for at least 5 years. When it finally died, I searched hard on teh interwebs and found another of the same model which I only used for a couple years and have left languishing due to my adulterous relationship wif mai iPad.

Veritable Quandry

Specializing in derails and train wrecks.
SL Rez
Joined SLU
20something
SLU Posts

Free

Kamilah is stalking me
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
May 2009
SLU Posts
From the youtube channel Professor Dave Explains, which has put out a few videos that eviscerate flat earth views:

Free

Kamilah is stalking me
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
May 2009
SLU Posts

Argent Stonecutter

Emergency Mustelid Hologram
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sep 2009
SLU Posts
What pissed me off most about CTRL-ALT-DEL is the IBM PC keyboard had (and still has) a dedicated system request key, called "SysReq", that was intended for precisely that kind of purpose, and it was close to DEL so they could have used SysRq as an interrupt (which was recoverable) and CTR-ALT-SysRq for the Big Red Reset Button. No harder to remember or hit and much more logical.

The only thing I can think of that ever used SysRq was OS/2.

• 1Bacon
Reactions: Govi