Kamilah is stalking me
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
May 2009
SLU Posts

Kamilah Hauptmann

This Reality Blows
I think I'd tolerate that for no more than a one time zone hop. And only because I'm in reasonable health.

• 1Agree
Reactions: Dakota Tebaldi

Dakota Tebaldi

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts
It looks like that footrest on the floor isn't just there for convenience, but is supposed to support at least half your weight. It would be a lot easier than standing the whole time, sure, but.....what if your legs don't reach? If they just hang there, gravity is going to pull your body down until it's stopped by that weird hump in the middle of the bottom portion of the seat. Which means if you're a short adult, or a child, you're spending the whole flight with your entire body weight resting squarely on your crotch. Better pray for no turbulence and a very gentle landing.

Free

Kamilah is stalking me
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
May 2009
SLU Posts
SCIENCE!

Three young gray seals were monitored from birth to see what sounds they could make naturally, then trained to copy new sounds, according to a press release from the university.

One seal, Zola, proved particularly adept at copying melodies.

She was able to copy as many as 10 notes of tunes like the "Star Wars" theme and "Twinkle twinkle little star."

• 1Thanks
Reactions: Kamilah Hauptmann

Argent Stonecutter

Emergency Mustelid Hologram
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sep 2009
SLU Posts
I won't give him a pass. USB-B, Firewire, and the Gameboy connector were all basically the same design, but they were asymmetrical so you could reliably line them up by feel. So are mini-USB and to a certain extent micro-USB. They had no excuse for making it externally symmetrical but non-reversible since they did it for USB-B while they were designing USB-A.

But the cables I'm using these days are reversible and fit in standard USB-A slots, they have a kind of pivoting panel with conductors on both sides.

On the other hand what were the Firewire people huffing when they designed Firewire-800 - the connector is awful.

Noodles

Queen of Ramen
SL Rez
Joined SLU
04-28-2010
SLU Posts
Next they'll be just packing people in like 18th century slave ships.
Just knock everyone out with gas and stuff them into a big pile on the plane.

Only $500 a flight. This will give them room to add 4 more First Class seats with leg room enough to curl up on the floor and take a nap.

Katheryne Helendale

🐱 Kitty Queen🐱
SL Rez
Joined SLU
October 2009
Just because it's possible, it doesn't mean it's a good idea...

Fuck that shit! We're just steps away from the airlines stuffing planes like cattle cars as it is. This looks claustrophobia-inducing for thin people; it looks like pure torture for those of us who aren't all that thin anymore.

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
Fuck that shit! We're just steps away from the airlines stuffing planes like cattle cars as it is. This looks claustrophobia-inducing for thin people; it looks like pure torture for those of us who aren't all that thin anymore.
If I properly understood the guy from the manufacturer, the idea is that the front seats will command a premium, since there's no one in front of you.

The real "cattle-class" seats are behind. I don't know if people noticed that much but at one point there's a man in suit trying to fit himself into one of the rear seats and struggling.

No way.

Dakota Tebaldi

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts
So, never buying a Razer peripheral.

Of course you can "opt out", if you can ever figure out exactly how to, which Razer doesn't make immediately clear. It probably involves not installing their peripheral software. Which you would need to have in order to make proper use of your snazzy RGB keyboard and sync it with other peripherals and your game profiles, so opting out means gimping your new $130 keyboard's features to roughly on par with a $10 Rosewill throwaway.

I have no idea if other companies who make new keyboards collect your keystrokes and use them to create a saleable data profile like Razer does; but I hope not - I mean I really wouldn't have minded getting an RGB for my next keyboard.

Clara D.

FOR PRESIDENT 2020!
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Back in the day.
SLU Posts
So, never buying a Razer peripheral.

Of course you can "opt out", if you can ever figure out exactly how to, which Razer doesn't make immediately clear. It probably involves not installing their peripheral software. Which you would need to have in order to make proper use of your snazzy RGB keyboard and sync it with other peripherals and your game profiles, so opting out means gimping your new $130 keyboard's features to roughly on par with a $10 Rosewill throwaway.

I have no idea if other companies who make new keyboards collect your keystrokes and use them to create a saleable data profile like Razer does; but I hope not - I mean I really wouldn't have minded getting an RGB for my next keyboard.
Another reasons to remain a Logitech fan besides everything working without extra software, and Logitech tends to be sturdy instead of overhyped crap.

Myficals

Nein!
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Feb 2010
SLU Posts
The real "cattle-class" seats are behind. I don't know if people noticed that much but at one point there's a man in suit trying to fit himself into one of the rear seats and struggling.

No way.
They'll probably never happen. Different companies have been trying to champion standing "seats" for over a decade now, and so far no airlines have risked trying them in the market. Additionally, they're yet to be approved by any regulatory body and some country's regulators have flat out said they'd be in breach of current safety rules.

Dakota Tebaldi

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts
I got a Logitech mouse a couple of years ago, to replace a Microsoft mouse that had also lasted for years and years. The light in the scroll wheel went out a little while ago; but for its actual function the thing still works perfectly.

• 1Like
Reactions: Brenda Archer