Nobody Cares: PRS

Beebo Brink

Climate Apocalypse Alarmist
SL Rez
As I posted in the Mask Rage thread, yesterday I went to the polls to vote (NOT doing that again). The bad news is that only 12% of voters showed up for our local city elections, but the good news is that every Democratic candidate I voted for won. In West Virginia. Color me very surprised.

We elected our FIRST woman mayor, and a black man for city council (not the first, but one of the few). The news article mentioned "all the new faces" -- so it appears there's been a shift away from the deeply entrenched Republican slant of this city.

I'm not sure how much one can extrapolate from the local elections of a small city, but my own impression is that this election cycle Dems are revved up and ready for change, while Republicans... maybe not so enthusiastic. We showed up, and they didn't. Fingers crossed that this is a bellweather of what is to come.

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
Very good article on the threat posed by QAnon as it becomes a fully-fledged real-world cult, only without a leader (they worship Trump, the orange god-emperor, but the cult doesn't have a formal prophet, leading them on their addled way all the way down the rabbit hole to Jonestown):

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
And it looks like the rule that 15 seconds into Biden's presidency, the Republicans will realize the debt is Too Damn High may be off by several months.

Washington Post: “From the presidentially ambitious Sens. Ted Cruz (R-TX) and Josh Hawley (R-MO), to onetime deficit hawks like Sen. Patrick Toomey (R-PA), conservatives are abandoning the president as his top aides struggle with negotiations on a pandemic relief bill that is Trump’s last, best chance to pass legislation that could help his floundering reelection bid.”

“Ignoring their own record of support for adding trillions of dollars to the national debt, these conservatives have signaled that they think, in a post-Trump Republican Party, that deficits will return to the forefront just as they did in the first years of the Obama administration.”
WP article: https://www.washingtonpost.com/powerpost/born-again-fiscal-conservatives-are-sign-of-trumps-weakening-hand-in-congress/2020/07/29/fa4da31a-d1a5-11ea-8d32-1ebf4e9d8e0d_story.html

Tirellia

Cold and Wet
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Is there anything more quintessentially Twitter than someone regarding First World War soldiers as Nazis? Mustn't let facts stand in the way of a 'good' tweet.

• 1Like
Reactions: Govi

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
Is there anything more quintessentially Twitter than someone regarding First World War soldiers as Nazis? Mustn't let facts stand in the way of a 'good' tweet.
I think she may have had in mind the WW2 soldiers, though.

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Mrs. Bowers tends to swing wide, no matter the pitch.

Veritable Quandry

Specializing in derails and train wrecks.
SL Rez
Joined SLU
20something
SLU Posts
OK. How about at least using our allies?

• 1Agree
Reactions: Ashiri

Kamilah Hauptmann

Shitpost Sommelier
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Reluctantly