Nobody Cares: PRS

Grandma Bates

Only mostly banned....
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined SLU
Yes
SLU Posts
Stephen Miller's grandmother died after contracting COVID-19. One of Mr. Miller's uncles has taken part in a rather public quarrel over the administration's handling of the crisis. What is the response of the administration? Complete denial that she died from COVID-19 despite the death certificate that says otherwise:

Stephen Miller's grandmother died of COVID-19. Her son blames the Trump administration.

This souless ghoul is willing to lie about the death of his own grandmother for short term political gain. All those hate filled racists who enable this are guilty of murder. (I cannot even compose a post anymore in response to those who think they are somehow clever or wise when they draw equivalences between the two parties given the evidence in front of us.)

Isabeau

Merdeuse
(Answering previous post...)

Yes, he often says a thing and its opposite. He makes me think of that guy at a bar who goes on and on with his thoughts about how the world should be run. We all have these “thoughts” but when he speaks, for some reason, many think it brilliant.

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts

The conditions that brought Trump to power and kept his poll ratings pretty much level throughout allegations of sexual assault, impeachment and indulgence of white supremacy will not have disappeared overnight. And even though Trump’s departure, whenever it happens, will be enormously welcome, he did at least force a moment of national self-confrontation. He revealed that white supremacy is always waiting in the wings, ready to be emboldened. He revealed the extent to which many Americans don’t care about morality in foreign policy. He took Russia’s word about its interference over that of his own intelligence agencies – and in getting away with it, showed that his supporters’ xenophobia was more powerful than their patriotism.

As long as he was dogwhistling against black people, Mexicans and Muslims, his betrayals would be forgiven. These are painful things to acknowledge. They run so contrary to the foundational myth of America, to its comforting rhetoric and its political sacraments, that the business of trivialising them must begin at once if the country is to heal after Trump goes.

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts

Dakota Tebaldi

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts

On the same subject, I came across this earlier today (I'm not sure how I ended up there), describing President Eisenhower trying to bend Chief Justice Warren's ear and influence his decision in Brown vs Board of Education:

Over coffee, Eisenhower took Warren by the arm and asked him to consider the perspective of white parents in the Deep South. “These are not bad people,” the president said. “All they are concerned about is to see that their sweet little girls are not required to sit in school alongside some big black bucks.”
Bigotry doesn't change, does it?

Last edited:

danielravennest

SLU Posts
Musk started out as a this kinda awkward personality, but investing his money in making electric vehicles was something unquestionably good and rare for a wealthy person and it made me willing to overlook his shortcomings. But then Tesla caught on and started making buckets of money, and he very quickly turned into this really archetypical selfish and egotistical "let them eat cake" big-business CEO, and in that state he quickly burned through my goodwill. And a lot of others', it sounds like. Unfortunately he also built up this sycophantic social media personality cult that's just as annoying as he is, and they're all rabidly defensive.
At least you don't have to worry about him running for president - he was born in South Africa. Maybe president of Mars, though.

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
hen Mike Pompeo, the US secretary of state, praised Britain’s newly toughened stance on the Chinese telecoms firm Huawei last week, he did so in a way that has uncovered one of the secret truths at the heart of Boris Johnson’s government.

“Well done,” said Pompeo, in the manner of a teacher planting a gold star on the work of a favoured pupil whose recent lapses of discipline have been rectified after a detention. This display was too much for one minister. “It would make things much easier,” he said, “if Trump doesn’t win re-election.” Privately, many agree.

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts