Nobody Cares: PRS

Grandma Bates

Only mostly banned....
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined SLU
Yes
SLU Posts
Aren't there more and more people streaming vs cable? Although, I'm sure less so for over 65. Hope it helps in any case.

This!

Here are some more details about how much money Fox receives through carriage fees:

If you are paying for cable TV in the United States you are giving Fox your money. We recently decided enough is enough and cut the cord. We now stream from a couple sources, and we listen to more radio (NPR mostly). We also spend more time watching bicycle racing (GCN+), but that is a post for a different forum. (Tonight I plan to cheer on Kasia Niewiadoma while making dinner.)

Here is some more information from the same site about the cord cutting trends:

bubblesort

Just another hydra head of the same monster :(
I know some libertarian organizers, including some who spent considerable energy over the past decade fighting the Misses institute, fending off takeover bid after takeover bid, because they see Mises as fake, ultra-conservative libertarians, much like how I see the Clintons as fake, ultra-conservative democrats.

Does it matter? I think it does. It's just another sign that the right wing is getting more extreme, and powerful, and gaining more followers, with their extremeness, while the democratic party does... what, exactly? Put Trump on trial in Congress, for the hundredth time? Even Joe Biden himself said on national TV that he's not personally watching the Jan 6 committee (although he said he wants you to watch it).

This is also another victory for neoliberalism. The libertarians are a populist movement that has now been formally taken over by conservative neoliberals, just like how the neolibs try to take over Bernie's movement by stealing primaries. That cheap bait and switch approach from the democratic party seems to work on the kind of democrats who hang out on this forum. Will it work on the libertarians? I'm not sure it will. Libertarians are wired a bit differently. It might not work as well as it works for the democratic party.

Beebo Brink

Climate Apocalypse Alarmist
SL Rez
  • Effective immediately, all entrances to Yellowstone National Park are temporarily CLOSED due to substantial flooding, rockslides and mudslides on roadways from recent unprecedented amounts of rainfall and flooding.
  • Effective immediately, no inbound visitor traffic will be allowed into the park until conditions stabilize and the park can assess damage to roads and bridges and other facilities. This includes visitors with lodging and camping reservations.

Bartholomew Gallacher

SL Rez
Google is building a new chat AI. Part of Google is a "Responsible AI" department, which should check upfront that the AI does not use discriminatory language (remember Microsoft's Tay?) or hate speech.

One of its members, engineer Blake Lemoine, is convinced that the newest AI Google has built is sentient. Lemoine disclosed chat logs to the public. As a result Lemoine is currently being suspended from work by Google for not abiding to non disclosure rules.

• 1* Popcorn *
  • 1WTF??
Reactions: Govi and Ryanna Enfield

Argent Stonecutter

Emergency Mustelid Hologram
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sep 2009
SLU Posts
Boy that looks familiar.
> Hello, I am Eliza. I'll be your therapist today.
* Hello Eliza, I'm getting tired of chatbots being treated as people.
> Do you believe it is normal to be getting tired of chatbots being treated as people?
* Yes.
> Are you sure about that?
* I'm pretty sure the people who aren't are demonstrating Apophenia.
> Did you come to me because you are pretty sure the people who aren't am demonstrating Apophenia?

• 1Agree
Reactions: CronoCloud Creeggan

Rose Karuna

Always cooking something up
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
If you work in a job that involves public safety, like train operator, pilot, driver, medical, etc., I understand the reason for testing. Otherwise, I think it is a huge invasion of privacy and as far as I'm concerned, drug testing policy can't leave the workplace fast enough.

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
If you work in a job that involves public safety, like train operator, pilot, driver, medical, etc., I understand the reason for testing. Otherwise, I think it is a huge invasion of privacy and as far as I'm concerned, drug testing policy can't leave the workplace fast enough.
Depends what they're testing for, too, I think.

I mean, there's a difference between being high as a kite on something during working hours and having taken recreational drugs within the last week or month, and I'm never sure which these drug tests are trying to detect.

To my mind, mandatory drug tests are appropriate for people in particular roles if, and only if, there is reason to believe their behaviour at the time may be impaired by drugs (so immediately after an accident or if they appear to be stoned at work). That's all you need.