Nobody Cares: PRS

Kamilah Hauptmann

Shitpost Sommelier
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Reluctantly
There's a reason, I think, why Robin Hood and his Merry Men were represented as archers in the tales, using the commoners' weapon against the aristocrats.
There's a case for the right to bear arms if I've ever seen one. :)

Also a warning to aristocrats, like Minneapolis Archie McArcher there got into 'crossbow' (and fist) range with a weapon he didn't appear to know how to use (when he wasn't waving a knife around), making him similar to John of Bohemia.

Or as this bright lad put it:

Wow that was....not a good decision, holy smoke

• 1Like
Reactions: Innula Zenovka

Dakota Tebaldi

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts
Another guy who chose poorly last night:

Social media conservatives last night ran with a video clip of this white man who got beaten quite severely by several black protesters. According to all the tweets he was a business owner who had tried to defend his store with a sword when he was brutally attacked by the looting mob. Variously they claimed that he'd been hospitalized and was either in a coma or ended up dying later.

In reality, he's a depraved right-wing loon - who has long been obsessed with his "sword" and has been musing all week on Twitter about getting to go out during the riots and use it on someone - who went out to stand in front of a bar he likes to drink at sometimes, and ended up chasing and stabbing a teenager who had been riding by on his skateboard when the crowd turned on him as a result. And although he was severely beaten, he is well enough to be able to tweet today in his typical loquacious style.

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
Another guy who chose poorly last night:

Social media conservatives last night ran with a video clip of this white man who got beaten quite severely by several black protesters. According to all the tweets he was a business owner who had tried to defend his store with a sword when he was brutally attacked by the looting mob. Variously they claimed that he'd been hospitalized and was either in a coma or ended up dying later.

In reality, he's a depraved right-wing loon - who has long been obsessed with his "sword" and has been musing all week on Twitter about getting to go out during the riots and use it on someone - who went out to stand in front of a bar he likes to drink at sometimes, and ended up chasing and stabbing a teenager who had been riding by on his skateboard when the crowd turned on him as a result. And although he was severely beaten, he is well enough to be able to tweet today in his typical loquacious style.

Dakota Tebaldi

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts
LOL guys it didn't even occur to me to look that hard, but looking at the video of Bow Guy again

He's holding that bow upside down.

Seriously, he's holding it by the sight window, you can see the actual grip handle above his hand

The grip handle is shaped like a literal pistol grip, how can you not know that's where you're supposed to be holding the bow

I'm dying

• 1* Popcorn *
Reactions: Kamilah Hauptmann

Kamilah Hauptmann

Shitpost Sommelier
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Reluctantly
I’ve read somewhere that a samurai who uses his sword is a lousy archer. Maybe he should have teamed up with sword guy.

• 1Like
Reactions: Dakota Tebaldi

Katheryne Helendale

🐱 Kitty Queen 🐱
SL Rez
Joined SLU
October 2009
SLU Posts
LOL guys it didn't even occur to me to look that hard, but looking at the video of Bow Guy again

He's holding that bow upside down.

Seriously, he's holding it by the sight window, you can see the actual grip handle above his hand

The grip handle is shaped like a literal pistol grip, how can you not know that's where you're supposed to be holding the bow

I'm dying
Stupid is as stupid does.

Beebo Brink

Climate Apocalypse Alarmist
SL Rez

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
  • 1* Popcorn *
  • 1Minion
Reactions: Free and Beebo Brink

Free

When The Onion asks, I answer.
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
From Cambridge to all of Russia in one step. Impressive.

Sovereignty

SL Rez
When Evidence Says No, But Doctors Say Yes

An article on how medical sausage is made.

ETA: Conversely one could talk about when evidence says yes, but doctors say no. This all falls under the topic of evidence-based medicine. Read that Wikipedia article only if you really don't want to think about riots and are thinking of a career as a medical historian--or are a medical student who goes around editing Wikipedia articles as a way of studying course material.

Last edited: