Noodles

Queen of Ramen
Sep 20, 2018
Illinois
SL Rez
Joined SLU
04-28-2010
SLU Posts
I know this is old, but Pokemon Go never tracked steps before, it did a position based measurement for distance and it polled infrequently. The easiest way to show the difference, if you were to walk laps around a track, chances are Pokemon Go wouldn't track any distance, since your position basically doesn't change. Especially a smaller track. Better example actually might even be a treadmill.

In the new system, it pulls the information from Google/Apple Fit. So you can walk on a track or a treadmill, those apps count steps and convert them to distance, which syncs with Pokemon Go, so you can get credit.

Also on Android you can sync a Fitbit with Fit2Fit to Google Fit.

Free

FIGHT FORUM AVATAR OPPRESSION
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Sep 22, 2018
Lindalino
SL Rez
Joined SLU
May 2009
SLU Posts

WHY IS THIS THE FIRST TIME I'M SEEING THIS?!?!

Caete

Scientist Lady of Science
Sep 20, 2018
20 Minutes into the future
SL Rez
Oh Bethesda...

Caete

Sep 20, 2018
SL Rez
Go check out Shirley's YouTube channel! This is the Grandma we all wish we had!

Caete

Sep 20, 2018
SL Rez

Dakota Tebaldi

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Sep 19, 2018
Gulf Coast, USA
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts
So wow, I guess this game was pretty bad, huh?

You know, I was really excited about the (contentless, but still) Elder Scrolls 6 teaser that Bethesda put out really early this year. ES6 is probably going to arrive in 2020; but...the entire situation with Fallout 76 has honestly made me more worried than excited for what we might get in two years.

Noodles

Queen of Ramen
Sep 20, 2018
Illinois
SL Rez
Joined SLU
04-28-2010
SLU Posts
What happened to making good games that work? Why are these huge companies so damn lazy anymore.

Dakota Tebaldi

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Sep 19, 2018
Gulf Coast, USA
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts
What happened to making good games that work? Why are these huge companies so damn lazy anymore.
I really don't get it. I'm honestly mystified. It's not like there was some symbolic date this thing HAD to be released by, that it couldn't hold things up a couple of months to work out some of these incredibly obvious bugs.

The way the actual game devs themselves are sweatshopped by these companies is bad enough; but then companies force incomplete games on the market which those devs then have to take crap for.

Sep 19, 2018
Portland, OR
SL Rez
SLU Posts
Bethesda has never made good games that work. They made good games which their customers made tons of patches for and then they worked. The customers can't do that with this one though since it's multiplayer.

Dakota Tebaldi

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Sep 19, 2018
Gulf Coast, USA
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts
I think that's a cap from Red Dead 2.

Kamilah Hauptmann

This Reality Blows
Sep 20, 2018
Cat Country (Can't Stop Here)
Ya, I googled the location that briefly flashes on the map.

I was thinking how funny that would be if it were multiplayer.

Caete

Sep 20, 2018
SL Rez

Noodles

Queen of Ramen
Sep 20, 2018
Illinois
SL Rez
Joined SLU
04-28-2010
SLU Posts
I really don't get it. I'm honestly mystified. It's not like there was some symbolic date this thing HAD to be released by, that it couldn't hold things up a couple of months to work out some of these incredibly obvious bugs.

The way the actual game devs themselves are sweatshopped by these companies is bad enough; but then companies force incomplete games on the market which those devs then have to take crap for.
Sure there was. Some investor guy in a suit who probably couldn't identify a game console from a toaster over got a letter with an expected release date and projected earnings so the studio HAD to make that date.

Or some bull shit like that entirely unrelated to actually producing a quality product.

Noodles

Queen of Ramen
Sep 20, 2018
Illinois
SL Rez
Joined SLU
04-28-2010
SLU Posts
So, I am.not super I to Anime, but I will never not choose a tacky Anime design for my Forza Horizon 4 cars if one is available.

This applies like quadurpley for any car that even remotely looks like a street racer car or is Japanese in Make.

Sep 20, 2018
RL: NZ / EVE: 1DQ1-A & Niarja / SL: Jessie
SL Rez

Blizzard did the same with the latest expansion; releasing it with some bugs despite some of the bugs being reported on the test server.

p.s. One of my nephews got FO76, didn't really discuss the game because it was over the heads of the rest of the family.

Cristiano

I AM BABY GROOT
Admin
Sep 19, 2018
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Nov 2003
SLU Posts
I hit level 70 in Assassin's Creed Odyssey. I was trying to hurry to get to 70 because there is currently a bug with the mastery level XP for some people, so they are patching the game in January. Everyone at level 70 will have their XP above 70 be reset and be given 30 ability points to use.

I don't think I've ever enjoyed a game more than AC: Odyssey, which has really surprised me. I've always loved the series, but this game continues to keep me completely engrossed in its storyline, combat and the incredible world they've created.

Cristiano

I AM BABY GROOT
Admin
Sep 19, 2018
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Nov 2003
SLU Posts
The amount of people defending that game company in the comments of that video is ridiculous!
Honestly, I'm not surprised by any of it. ARK had such a tortured development history (including the nerve to have paid DLC during early access when the game was not even finished. They inexplicably developed the new game under another studio name, but then promoted it as being from the ARK developers. It's nothing more than reskinned ARK - it should have been some more paid DLC, but they've somehow tried to fool people and some are falling for it. Oh well, buyer beware - but it's a shitshow.