Nobody Cares: Gaming Edition

Caete

Scientist Lady of Science
SL Rez
Incase the I Love You Colonel Sanders game was too intense for you... I mean seriously, how could you not want a game with this description? "From the same people who brought you the bucket of chicken, comes the world’s first Colonel Sanders dating simulator. ... A Finger Lickin’ Good Dating Simulator follows you, a promising culinary student, as you try to date your classmate, Colonel Sanders." Free on Steam btw.

Anyhow, for those who still prefer table top and d20 style gaming, a new contender appears!

Yep, Wendy's has released Feast of Legends. The Fight Against Frozen Beef | Feast Of Legends Wendy's Role-Playing Game Free to download, free to play other than bribing your gaming group to try it oh and free character sheets as well.

Caete

Scientist Lady of Science
SL Rez
ARMA III mod

Dakota Tebaldi

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts
Has anyone else tried Age of Empires Definitive Edition yet? I'm playing it and it is niiiiice and purtyful. The mechanics have not changed at all so far as I can tell (AoE 1 doesn't get auto-farms, for instance), but visuals and sound-wise it's a vast improvement and general modernization; the videos from the announcement don't do it justice. And, I don't know for sure but I think several more, and longer, single-player campaigns have been added as well.

The Definitive Edition of AoE 2 comes out next month; I'll definitely be getting it.

The original AoE and AoE 2 are some of the very first computer games I played as a sprat, so there's some nostalgia there. AoE 2 also has an odd development history. The game came out in 1999 and had an expansion a couple of years later; in 2013, 14 years after its initial release, the HD edition came out on Steam, and after that edition - which was just really just the original game with patched compatibility for full screen on HD monitors - MS built three new expansions for the game over the next few years. Srsly, releasing full expansions like 15-plus years after the game came out? That's the kind of awesomeness players futilely wish for from game devs. The sad thing is I never bought the HD edition so I never got to try any of the new expansions; but the Definitive Edition that comes out next month, which I am getting, will come with all of them included, and I'm really happy.

MS has announced that a Definitive Edition for AoE 3 will be made too. I have the original AoE 3 on Steam and it's already not bad looking compared to the original AoE's, but a Definitive Edition would certainly make it look fantastic.

And yeah, an AoE 4 is in development, but there's like zero information about it so far. No dates or anything.

• 1Like
  • 1Thanks
Reactions: Cristiano and Khamon

Free

Kamilah is stalking me
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
May 2009
SLU Posts