Nobody Cares about TV and Film

Noodles

The sequel will probably be better.
Joined
Sep 20, 2018
Messages
6,462
Location
Illinois
SL Rez
2006
Joined SLU
04-28-2010
SLU Posts
6947
Avatar 2 is out already?
 
  • 1Agree
Reactions: Soen Eber

Khamon

Folk Harpist
Joined
Sep 23, 2018
Messages
3,175
Location
Alabama
SL Rez
2003
Joined SLU
2007
We finally installed a SmartTV. So we logged into Prime and started watching Rings of Power. We're two episodes in and, well, we're gonna give it another episode to see if the tall man is Beorn or an Istari. Also Khamon wants an obsidian castle on top of a snowy peak yes he does. Also Elrond is not well cast no not at all nope.
 

Noodles

The sequel will probably be better.
Joined
Sep 20, 2018
Messages
6,462
Location
Illinois
SL Rez
2006
Joined SLU
04-28-2010
SLU Posts
6947
We finally installed a SmartTV. So we logged into Prime and started watching Rings of Power. We're two episodes in and, well, we're gonna give it another episode to see if the tall man is Beorn or an Istari.
Might take a few more episodes.

Its a good show, but starts a little slowish.
 

Free

IZ ADMIN
Joined
Sep 21, 2018
Messages
43,702
Location
Moonbase Caligula
SL Rez
2008
Joined SLU
2009
SLU Posts
55565
A possible reason to have a Hulu account.

 

Zaida Gearbox

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 23, 2018
Messages
1,379
We watched That 90s Show on Netflix and loved it. I really hope it gets a season 2. But, someone seriously depressed me by saying most of the young actors on the show were not born yet when That 70s Show ended in 2003.

So, now we are binging That 70s Show, and I can't remember the last time I laughed so hard at a tv show.
 

detrius

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 19, 2018
Messages
2,664
Location
Land of bread, beer and BMW.
Joined SLU
09-30-2007
SLU Posts
10065
Oof.



$1 billion after just 2 weeks. I guess the world wants tall blue people.
I just watched it and yeah, the special effects are neat.

But other than that, I didn't find it very remarkable. The characters are pretty basic stock material from TV Tropes and I could guess early on who was going to live, who would die and how it would end.

The first film had some character progression, this one was more about introducing characters for the franchise.

It's not bad, but kinda bland and forgettable.

The next movie in the series will probably be where the plot takes off, so I guess the main reason to watch this one is so you can familiarize yourself with the blue people that will be in the sequel.
 
Last edited:

Bartholomew Gallacher

Administrator
Joined
Sep 26, 2018
Messages
7,091
SL Rez
2002
I just watched it and yeah, the special effects are neat.

But other than that, I didn't find it very remarkable. The characters are pretty basic stock material from TV Tropes and I could guess early on who was going to live, who would die and how it would end.

The first film had some character progression, this one was more about introducing characters for the franchise.

It's not bad, but kinda bland and forgettable.
Actually this is what many of the more professional cinema critics had to say about it: great special effects, but cookie cutter story, bland and forgettable characters as well as mediocre writing. But since the visuals awe you so much and throw you off your feed, most people don't notice it.
 

Rose Karuna

Childless Crazy Cat Lady
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined
Sep 24, 2018
Messages
2,490
Location
Central Florida
SL Rez
2005
Joined SLU
2007
I just watched it and yeah, the special effects are neat.

But other than that, I didn't find it very remarkable. The characters are pretty basic stock material from TV Tropes and I could guess early on who was going to live, who would die and how it would end.

The first film had some character progression, this one was more about introducing characters for the franchise.

It's not bad, but kinda bland and forgettable.

The next movie in the series will probably be where the plot takes off, so I guess the main reason to watch this one is so you can familiarize yourself with the blue people that will be in the sequel.
I felt this way when I watched the original Avatar. Good special effects but I could not name a single character in the movie after I walked out of the theater.
 

detrius

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 19, 2018
Messages
2,664
Location
Land of bread, beer and BMW.
Joined SLU
09-30-2007
SLU Posts
10065
I felt this way when I watched the original Avatar. Good special effects but I could not name a single character in the movie after I walked out of the theater.
Oh I still remember all the characters from the first movie:

- Dances with Smurfs (DwS)
- Smurf Princess (SP)
- SP Mom & Dad
- Colonel Gargamel and his Space Marines
- that Corporate Suit from "Aliens"
- Dr. Ellen Ripley and her science goons

There were also space pterodactyls, big space pterodactyls, displacer beasts, space shuttles, space helicopters, big space helicopters and of course the ISV Venture Star.
 
Last edited:

Isabeau

Merdeuse
Joined
Sep 20, 2018
Messages
9,529
Location
Montréal
SL Rez
2007
Anyone watching Picard 3rd season? I’m a tad late, had to catch up. I just finished the first two episodes and I happy-gasped when I saw who Raffi’s handler was. Always had a thing for him. Really liking how the season is starting. 🖖
 

Ryanna Enfield

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 20, 2018
Messages
204
The best season so far. If you are a Star Trek or TNG fan, you should watch it for all the feels. I always watch a Picard Easter Egg video afterwards on youtube to pick up references I missed.
 
  • 1Interesting
Reactions: Isabeau