Nobody Cares about TV and Film

Free

IZ ADMIN
Joined
Sep 21, 2018
Messages
43,702
Location
Moonbase Caligula
SL Rez
2008
Joined SLU
2009
SLU Posts
55565
:airclap:



I found the first one utterly enjoyable. I'm glad to see more.
My thumb goes way up for Enola Holmes 2. A great continuation of the character and her arc, with some real consequences (well...) for the story and a mostly true historical piece to the puzzle. Another fun ride and I might even watch this one again, sometime.
 

Govi

Crazy woman yells at clouds
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined
Sep 19, 2018
Messages
1,616
Location
North of Surf City
SL Rez
2004
Joined SLU
27.05.2009
SLU Posts
5294

Veritable Quandry

Specializing in derails and train wrecks.
Joined
Sep 19, 2018
Messages
5,487
Location
Columbus, OH
SL Rez
2010
Joined SLU
20something
SLU Posts
42
I love A Christmas Story. And I realize that the marketing for this relies on the fact that a lot of people do. But if the actual movie is 90 minutes of "Don't you love Christmas Story?" without telling a new story (and not "The kids see it from Dad's point of view because they are parents now") then it's a hard no.
 

Erich Templar

Well-known member
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined
Sep 20, 2018
Messages
646
Location
UK
Apropos of nothing except that I just stumbled across it, have a piece of 1960s TV nostalgia:

 

Khamon

Folk Harpist
Joined
Sep 23, 2018
Messages
3,175
Location
Alabama
SL Rez
2003
Joined SLU
2007
We were at a restaurant Sunday, where Sandra Bullock once ate, so there's a picture of her and the owners in the lobby. The crowd was crooning about how beautiful she was and naming their favorite film. They finally got around to me.

Khamon: Demolition Man

Crowd: 😐

Khamon: It's billed as a Stallone movie but it's really about her being who she is in a supposed idealized society

Crowd: 🤔

Khamon: He's a cop that was frozen, for a crime he didn't commit, then thawed decades later because a real criminal, Wesley Snipes, has been revived and has set upon a path of crime and destruction and murder death kill

Crowd: 😳

Khamon: Taco Bell

Crowd: 🙄

They think I made it up, or dreamed it, because every description made it seem more bizarre and unlikely to exist.
 

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined
Sep 20, 2018
Messages
24,428
SLU Posts
18459
This account popped up in my Mastodon feed today, with this video

 
  • 2Like
Reactions: Beebo Brink and Govi

Noodles

The sequel will probably be better.
Joined
Sep 20, 2018
Messages
6,462
Location
Illinois
SL Rez
2006
Joined SLU
04-28-2010
SLU Posts
6947
We were at a restaurant Sunday, where Sandra Bullock once ate, so there's a picture of her and the owners in the lobby. The crowd was crooning about how beautiful she was and naming their favorite film. They finally got around to me.

Khamon: Demolition Man

Crowd: 😐

Khamon: It's billed as a Stallone movie but it's really about her being who she is in a supposed idealized society

Crowd: 🤔

Khamon: He's a cop that was frozen, for a crime he didn't commit, then thawed decades later because a real criminal, Wesley Snipes, has been revived and has set upon a path of crime and destruction and murder death kill

Crowd: 😳

Khamon: Taco Bell

Crowd: 🙄

They think I made it up, or dreamed it, because every description made it seem more bizarre and unlikely to exist.
I am picturing this scene.

And then everyone just looking at you.

Then out of nowhere in the back Bullock hollers, "Tell them about the three sea shells." As she passes by.
 
  • 1LOL
Reactions: CronoCloud Creeggan

Free

IZ ADMIN
Joined
Sep 21, 2018
Messages
43,702
Location
Moonbase Caligula
SL Rez
2008
Joined SLU
2009
SLU Posts
55565


I just watched it. Nothing I'd have been waiting on with bated breath, but it's adorable as one might imagine. I was asking for brief, wordless sequences in The Mandalorian that just focus on Grogu doing something. Maybe they can contract out the idea to other studios.

Now: Are dust bunnies an official species in Star Wars now?
 
  • 1lolwut?
Reactions: Govi

Argent Stonecutter

Emergency Mustelid Hologram
Joined
Sep 20, 2018
Messages
7,938
Location
Coonspiracy Central, Noonkkot
SL Rez
2005
Joined SLU
Sep 2009
SLU Posts
20780
I don't have D+ but those look like soot sprites to me.
 

Bartholomew Gallacher

Administrator
Joined
Sep 26, 2018
Messages
7,091
SL Rez
2002
This account popped up in my Mastodon feed today, with this video


That series is a timeless classic, which influenced lot of later work. Main role actor Patrick McGoohan was considered to play Mr. Banks in Disneys' "Mary Poppins", before David Tomlinson was cast. No2 - the administrator - is an early role played by Ian McKellen, who later became famous as Magneto in X-Men. Every episode has a new Nr. 2, so there's quite a list of different actors who have played it.

 
Last edited: