Argent Stonecutter
Emergency Mustelid Hologram
- Joined
- Sep 20, 2018
- Messages
- 7,938
- Location
- Coonspiracy Central, Noonkkot
- SL Rez
- 2005
- Joined SLU
- Sep 2009
- SLU Posts
- 20780
I read somewhere once that the tubes on the walls are marked with DNGN which stood for "Does Nothing Goes Nowhere" and I think about it every time there are tubes and conduits in Star Trek.Now every time I watch Trek I'm going to be getting OCD vibes about the walls.
. Some of the characters are way over the top at first, but I read that they tone it down after the second episode. I love the protagonist (senior sergeant) who not only has to deal with this murder(s), but also her annoying wife (girlfriend?) who’s the town veterinarian, and a crew of junior officers, and now an obnoxious detective from the city who’s coming in to take over the case (also a woman). The town mayor is, you guessed it, a woman.
Live-action adaptations of anime seem universally cursed. I suppose someone is banking on doing the opposite will be work out better?
Edgar Wright is executive producer on it, and it seems to include the entire original cast as voice actors. Interesting.
It looks marginally better than the three day cut of Justice League.Looks like a crazy ride.
There is soooo much in the books not in the movie and this trailer seems to be leaning on that. The style is spot on as well.Live-action adaptations of anime seem universally cursed. I suppose someone is banking on doing the opposite will be work out better?
I'm skeptical. But I'll give it a try anyway.![]()
On paper, Slotherhouse (that’s right, it’s a pun on the word “slaughterhouse”, but with sloths) has The Asylum written all over it. It has the potential to be a cheaply made, lowest common denominator Sharknadoalike; a great title and an outrageous premise that, in reality, amounts to a stunt-cast non-actor emoting in a single location for an hour to fill the gap between the three VFX shots you already saw in the trailer. Even if you actively enjoy the idea of watching a sloth murder a bunch of people, Slotherhouse still won’t be something worth raising your expectations for.
Reader, raise your expectations. Slotherhouse is a masterpiece. The film is so good, so funny and so completely well-realised that it has received a stateside theatrical release. There’s no word on a UK release date yet, but it deserves to be seen on the biggest screen available.
Ah yes, that sweet spot for minorities: someone finally makes a film that acknowledges we exist, but the film is awful.I finally saw CODA. I really wanted to see it when it first came out, and I can’t remember why I didn’t. Then I read a lot of grumbling about it, and it fell off my radar. After all this time, I was hopeful, but, wow, did I hate most of it.
Nope. But not unexpected.Did you all see that Danny Masterson was sentenced to 30-life?
It got me thinking a bit.Did you all see that Danny Masterson was sentenced to 30-life?