Nobody cares about food.

Tirellia

Cold and Wet
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Edited to say that sometimes I crave Ovaltine which we used to have in copious amounts as kids too, I wonder if its still around?
Ovaltine's certainly still around in the UK. I have to keep tubs of Ovaltine and Horlicks as well as hot chocolate for those feeling sorry for myself but I'd better not drink a bottle of brandy moments.

Free

Gone Fishin'
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
May 2009
SLU Posts
Edited to say that sometimes I crave Ovaltine which we used to have in copious amounts as kids too, I wonder if its still around?
Amazon and Walmart.com both sell it.

• 1Thanks
Reactions: Rose Karuna

Brenda Archer

SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sept 2007
SLU Posts
I can’t eat eggs anymore and it’s making me sad. ☹
I can’t think of any substitute, either. If I wind up in some diner I’ll have to hope they have enough other things for breakfast protein.

It’s sort of like the Spam skit, but in my case I’d be trying to get the Spam without the eggs.

Katheryne Helendale

🐱 Kitty Queen🐱
SL Rez
Joined SLU
October 2009
SLU Posts
I can’t eat eggs anymore and it’s making me sad. ☹
Aww, why not?

I can’t think of any substitute, either. If I wind up in some diner I’ll have to hope they have enough other things for breakfast protein.

It’s sort of like the Spam skit, but in my case I’d be trying to get the Spam without the eggs.
There's always bacon, though that tends to lead to other problems. I wish I had a suggestion for the egg substitute.

• 1Thanks
Reactions: Brenda Archer

Brenda Archer

SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sept 2007
SLU Posts
Aww, why not?

There's always bacon, though that tends to lead to other problems. I wish I had a suggestion for the egg substitute.
Thanks.

I think it’s an intolerance, because my digestion reacts badly. The traces in baked goods don’t seem to matter.

Bacon is good. A lot of places will have something like sausage or pork chops. I just miss the eggy things.

Sid

Most likely on a coffee break.
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Yes
It just can happen over the years.
I for instance can't digest butter as I used to since a few years.
When it is used in a product like cake or waffles, most of the time not a big issue.
But when I use it on a slice of bread or a roll: stomach problems for sure.

Free

Gone Fishin'
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
May 2009
SLU Posts

Free

Gone Fishin'
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
May 2009
SLU Posts

Isabeau

Merdeuse
Sometimes, when I'm eating ordinary tea biscuits, I like to pretend I'm in a post apocalyptic situation and, after letting myself in an abandoned house, after much searching, I'm overjoyed to find these delicious biscuits (still crunchy!) How lucky am I to have found this precious food. This way, I can fool myself into thinking they're not so bad.

Free

Gone Fishin'
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
May 2009
SLU Posts
Sometimes, when I'm eating ordinary tea biscuits, I like to pretend I'm in a post apocalyptic situation and, after letting myself in an abandoned house, after much searching, I'm overjoyed to find these delicious biscuits (still crunchy!) How lucky am I to have found this precious food. This way, I can fool myself into thinking they're not so bad.
Adorable.

Veritable Quandry

Specializing in derails and train wrecks.
SL Rez
Joined SLU
20something
SLU Posts
I add jam.