Nobody cares about food.

Tigar

A Most Inappropriate Tigar 🐯
SL Rez
Joined SLU
🌟not on file
SLU Posts
Can now personally confirm that an Impossible Whopper from Burger King tastes 100% like a "real" beef Whopper, as best as I can tell. From now on if I want a BK hamburger I'll be getting this.
I can also testify that this is true. We tried it a week or so ago and as Dakota says, ya can hardly tell the difference.
(We ordered a regular whopper at the same time)

Both are horrible, and reminded me of why if/when I wants a hamg’burgler, I order from Braums or Sonic.

Last edited:

Tigar

SL Rez
Joined SLU
🌟not on file
SLU Posts
As long as the temperature inside reaches 60C (140 F) for a short while, it doesn't matter if the meat is completely well done or still a bit rare.
That is the temperature where germs and bacteria die.
I was warshing my hands in the restroom at work the other day * and, as usual, I’m using cold water because it’s a hundred and ten fucking degrees out in the warehouse and the cool water feels good.
And the busybody salesguy at the other sink is all:
“You need to use hot water”
“No, actually I don’t “
“Yes, because hot water kills germs”
“Dude, you aren’t gonna plunge your hands into water hot enough ta kill germs! Not if ya want them back with skin on!”

* after peeing. Ya know ya needed ta know that.

Brenda Archer

SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sept 2007
SLU Posts
I was warshing my hands in the restroom at work the other day * and, as usual, I’m using cold water because it’s a hundred and ten fucking degrees out in the warehouse and the cool water feels good.
And the busybody salesguy at the other sink is all:
“You need to use hot water”
“No, actually I don’t “
“Yes, because hot water kills germs”
“Dude, you aren’t gonna plunge your hands into water hot enough ta kill germs! Not if ya want them back with skin on!”

* after peeing. Ya know ya needed ta know that.
When I was in NH my folks were using the spring that started a nearby brook as the water supply. Besides being delicious and consistent when lack of warmth or rain was making wells go dry, it was So Cold 🥶 I think the germs were refrigerated. Wouldn’t soap and water of whatever temperature be enough for everyday purposes? I mean if you’re not doing surgery or tearing salad with your bare hands or something.

Tigar

SL Rez
Joined SLU
🌟not on file
SLU Posts
When I was in NH my folks were using the spring that started a nearby brook as the water supply. Besides being delicious and consistent when lack of warmth or rain was making wells go dry, it was So Cold 🥶 I think the germs were refrigerated. Wouldn’t soap and water of whatever temperature be enough for everyday purposes? I mean if you’re not doing surgery or tearing salad with your bare hands or something.
Yeah, soap n’ water is plenty good enough for daily cleaning. 🧼

• 1Like
Reactions: Brenda Archer

Katheryne Helendale

🐱 Kitty Queen🐱
SL Rez
Joined SLU
October 2009
I think the idea behind using warm water is that it helps soften the oils on your skin that the germs bind themselves to, making it easier to wash them off. That's the theory, anyway. Honestly, I think even cold water, with vigorous enough lathering, does just fine.

• 1Thanks
Reactions: Brenda Archer

Free

Kamilah is stalking me
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
May 2009
SLU Posts
I *had* in my possession a plate of fried fresh haddock and french fries.

It came with a lemon slice, so there.