WTF Mask rage

Jopsy Pendragon

Magic thrives within Intentionality
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
It was about masks.

In Florida.
I've done food service, retail, IT support and had some seriously entitled, 'shouting questions non-stop because I'll get my way eventually if I'm just too much trouble to deal with' types.

And I stayed mostly professional, at worst, maybe a little passive aggressive, but 'proper' and by the book otherwise.

I have years of repressed 'SHUT THE F*CK UP BEFORE I DROP YOU!' rage stored up... and watching that .... that ... feral animal screeching away like that... I could feel the cork loosening and the bile rising up.

I hope whatever happens to her is ruinously expensive.

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Americans tend to neglect wearing masks when they’re mingling with people outside of their immediate household, according to a new study by researchers at the University of Southern California published on Thursday.

The study, which was conducted by USC’s Dornsife Center for Economic and Social Research, reported that between 80 and 90 percent of American adults “consistently” believe masks are effective against COVID-19 infection and that nine in 10 adults wear them, especially during essential activities like grocery shopping and visits to the doctor.

However, they do so inconsistently when it comes to social interactions, according to the survey.
Oh?
While 90 percent of adults in December reported wearing masks most of the time while grocery shopping, the figure dropped down to 51 percent among those who made close contact with non-household members. Similarly, only 47 percent of adults who attended gatherings of more than 10 people wore masks most of the time.

Nearly 80 percent didn’t wear masks while visiting other households or exercising outdoors, according to the study.
This is when you should be wearing them MOST.

Jopsy Pendragon

Magic thrives within Intentionality
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
There's three gyms in the block next to me that have moved all their stuff outdoors. Spin class, rowing machines, some kind of 'Extreme Militant Step Aerobics' thing. At least they all require masks. Joggers in my neighborhood are jerks though, the majority don't mask up, nor do they really make any effort not to crowd people as they go by.

Been tempted to fake coughing as I see one approach just to see if they'd bother veering further away, but I'm too damned well-mannered. ;)

Rose Karuna

Always cooking something up
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU

Oh?

This is when you should be wearing them MOST.
I have to agree that this is when you should be wearing them the most but I also have to say that it's exhausting.

When my friend and her boyfriend visited us at Halloween they stayed for two days. At first we all wore shields and masks. After about the fifth time I shoved a potato chip full of dip or glass full of some beverage right into my plastic shield (everyone else was doing this too), at first we laughed and then we all just ended up taking our face shields off and just keeping our masks on.

Except ... wearing a mask makes it pretty difficult to drink adult beverages and eat meals. It's also extremely difficult (and exhausting) if you have hearing problems like my husband and I do. My friends boyfriend is a doctor so he did the best of the three of us but still ... eventually the masks were abandoned by all and I'm just really grateful that none of us had COVID at the time. 😷 I also think our saving grace was that all our activities were in the Lanai or outside so we had good air flow. No excuses, but this was just the reality of things for us. Because of that I have rarely been out of the house since March and have not had anyone over since Halloween.

Aribeth Zelin

Faeryfox
SL Rez
Joined SLU
03-11-2011
SLU Posts
I have to agree that this is when you should be wearing them the most but I also have to say that it's exhausting.

When my friend and her boyfriend visited us at Halloween they stayed for two days. At first we all wore shields and masks. After about the fifth time I shoved a potato chip full of dip or glass full of some beverage right into my plastic shield (everyone else was doing this too), at first we laughed and then we all just ended up taking our face shields off and just keeping our masks on.

Except ... wearing a mask makes it pretty difficult to drink adult beverages and eat meals. It's also extremely difficult (and exhausting) if you have hearing problems like my husband and I do. My friends boyfriend is a doctor so he did the best of the three of us but still ... eventually the masks were abandoned by all and I'm just really grateful that none of us had COVID at the time. 😷 I also think our saving grace was that all our activities were in the Lanai or outside so we had good air flow. No excuses, but this was just the reality of things for us. Because of that I have rarely been out of the house since March and have not had anyone over since Halloween.
We don't wear masks when we go and stay with my mom; which has been work related every time. But she's really careful, and we're really careful, so.... we have go up again next weekend because the spouse has to do stuff in his on location office, and since they will no longer cover his traveling expenses to Atlanta....

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
The Biden White House is considering sending masks directly to American households, according to three people familiar with the discussions, an action the Trump administration explored but scrapped.

The Covid-19 Response Team is evaluating the logistics of mailing out millions of face coverings, but no decision has been made, and the proposal hasn't yet reached President Joe Biden for final approval, a White House official said.

The idea has been raised in several meetings among Biden's top health experts in recent days, particularly as Biden continues to urge Americans to use masks as a primary defense against the spread of the coronavirus.

Archer

Arch Enemy
SL Rez
Joined SLU
With the way the USPS is operating these days, we'll be lucky to get them before the pandemic is over.

Rose Karuna

Always cooking something up
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
With the way the USPS is operating these days, we'll be lucky to get them before the pandemic is over.
No doubt Biden has a lot to fix. It's like an angry kindergartner was let loose in the white house unsupervised and now someone has go in and clean up multiple messes.