WTF Mask rage

Jopsy Pendragon

Magic thrives within Intentionality
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
That blithering bow-tied fucker carlson on fox had a segment recently mocking masks because 'we all die anyway'.

As if the difference between dying 'sooner' vs 'later' weren't the largest most valiantly fought distinction in human history.

But hey, if we all die anyway, I'm sure he won't complain about being chosen to go first.

• 2Agree
Reactions: Jolene Benoir and Govi

Jolene Benoir

Hello World
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Dec 2010
Giuliani witness whose testimony went viral says she isn’t self-quarantining despite his covid-19 diagnosis

Crazy woman does crazy things. She is going to willfully infect others. I cannot wait until a majority of us have been vaccinated and we won't be held hostage by these people.
In a phone interview Tuesday from her home in the Detroit suburbs, Carone told The Washington Post that she was living her life normally and had no plans to change that. She said she was unaware of the health advisory and was not worried about contracting the virus.

“I would take it seriously if it came from Trump, because Trump cares about American lives,” Carone said, adding that if television networks friendly to Trump such as One America News or Newsmax “told me to go get tested, I would do it.”

Willow Matthews

Fucking this. There are so many masks from Asian countries washing up on coastlines worldwide.
Just added to all the fucking plastic that we already have?

WE don't live without animals doing what they do naturally.
When are we going to understand that?

When we are walking on a ball of not much more than dust and still counting the gold in the coffers.
That's when.

When it's too late.

Rose Karuna

Always cooking something up
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
My husband ran across this and I thought it would be helpful to post it here: 25 Face Masks We Actually Like to Wear

I am looking at ordering one that goes around the back of the head instead of over the ears because I wear both glasses and over ear hearing aids and trying to put the mask on or take it off is a pain. Anyhow I thought it was a good assessment of available masks.

• 1Useful
Reactions: CronoCloud Creeggan

Veritable Quandry

Specializing in derails and train wrecks.
SL Rez
Joined SLU
20something
SLU Posts
All of the masks I made go behind the head, but Mrs Quandry had me change some because of how she wears her hair at work.

Casey Pelous

Senior Discount
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
February, 2011
SLU Posts
My husband ran across this and I thought it would be helpful to post it here: 25 Face Masks We Actually Like to Wear

I am looking at ordering one that goes around the back of the head instead of over the ears because I wear both glasses and over ear hearing aids and trying to put the mask on or take it off is a pain. Anyhow I thought it was a good assessment of available masks.
Back at the start of this I flipped my mask off (as someone said, "Like you were on Gray's Anatomy and you just performed a really tough operation") and shot a hearing aid a full 20 feet across a parking lot. Thank goodness, they are tough little things and it survived.

Aribeth Zelin

Faeryfox
SL Rez
Joined SLU
03-11-2011
SLU Posts
So, my problem is, of all my different masks, the ones with the best shape aren't as soft, and my skin is super sensitive....

So I wear the softer fabric ones.

Beebo Brink

Climate Apocalypse Alarmist
SL Rez
The new batch of masks that I ordered fit me fairly well, but not Mrs. Beebo. You wouldn't really know it to look at her, but apparently she has a small head, and her face is swamped in the mask, with gaps at the nose bridge and all around the sides. So Aribeth, she's back to the soft fabric ones, too, because they hug her face much better.

Jolene Benoir

Hello World
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Dec 2010
The new batch of masks that I ordered fit me fairly well, but not Mrs. Beebo. You wouldn't really know it to look at her, but apparently she has a small head, and her face is swamped in the mask, with gaps at the nose bridge and all around the sides. So Aribeth, she's back to the soft fabric ones, too, because they hug her face much better.
Sorry about that. I have the very same issues. When it isn't fogging up my glasses, there are gaps all around it. The partially exposed sides don't give me much confidence.

• 1Agree
Reactions: Myradyl Muse

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
Come to think of it, this raises all sorts of interesting questions about her affair with Sir John Major when he was Chief Whip for Margaret Thatcher and she was a backbencher.

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Mayor Joyce Warshaw of Dodge City, Kansas, resigned Tuesday after receiving an onslaught of harassment and threats following a mask mandate that she helped pass weeks ago.

She told ABC News that stepping down "was a tough decision, but it was the right one," because she didn't "feel safe."

"I was afraid. I didn't want to go to City Hall anymore," Warshaw told ABC News. "[I was] just worrying about who was going to show up there or who's going to meet me out in the parking lot."

• 1Screwdriver
Reactions: Myradyl Muse

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
From the January 2021 Harper's Index:

Number of masks sold on Etsy between January and September last year : 53,000,000

Portion of Etsy’s total sales accounted for by masks during that period : 1/10