WTF Mask rage

Ghost Pepper

Gaming Guru
Joined
Sep 19, 2018
Messages
432
Location
L.A. (Lower Alabama)
SL Rez
2003
SLU Posts
15989
So, something changed. I went to Walmart last night after work and it was how it has been, like 75% no masks, people coming and going as they please.

Today, they are back to limiting to one door, counting people, and actually enforcing masks.
Probably in the state or city it was currently required. Today Kentucky just required masks for 30 days. As far as I know Walmart is only going to do it when it's required.
 
  • 1Agree
Reactions: Shiloh Lyric

Kara Spengler

Queer OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon, any/all pronouns
Joined
Sep 20, 2018
Messages
6,140
Location
SL: November RL: DC
SL Rez
2007
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
23289
Probably in the state or city it was currently required. Today Kentucky just required masks for 30 days. As far as I know Walmart is only going to do it when it's required.
Unfortunately some companies are like that. Early on a lot of appartment buildings were doing all kinds of stuff with nothing telling them they had to. My building refused to do anything at all because the law did not say they needed to. Eventually there was a law in DC saying otherwise. We just barely meet the regulations (and were late since we did not have things in place) but at least better than nothing now.
 

Noodles

The sequel will probably be better.
Joined
Sep 20, 2018
Messages
6,461
Location
Illinois
SL Rez
2006
Joined SLU
04-28-2010
SLU Posts
6947
Probably in the state or city it was currently required. Today Kentucky just required masks for 30 days. As far as I know Walmart is only going to do it when it's required.
In IL it's been required for months I believe. Maybe they made it more required.
 

Romana

The Timeless Child
Joined
Sep 21, 2018
Messages
5,097
SL Rez
2010
Unfortunately some companies are like that. Early on a lot of appartment buildings were doing all kinds of stuff with nothing telling them they had to. My building refused to do anything at all because the law did not say they needed to. Eventually there was a law in DC saying otherwise. We just barely meet the regulations (and were late since we did not have things in place) but at least better than nothing now.
My building, being owned by a corporation, is doing a balancing act between state requirements, CYA, and some people's feelings (no virulent anti-maskers they I know if, just people who think the danger is past). The office staff care, but they're bound by what the corporation says.
 

Argent Stonecutter

Emergency Mustelid Hologram
Joined
Sep 20, 2018
Messages
7,936
Location
Coonspiracy Central, Noonkkot
SL Rez
2005
Joined SLU
Sep 2009
SLU Posts
20780
I had to turn around and drive back home to get my mask one time. *shrug*. Teach me not to forget it next time.
 

Rose Karuna

Childless Crazy Cat Lady
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined
Sep 24, 2018
Messages
2,490
Location
Central Florida
SL Rez
2005
Joined SLU
2007
I had to turn around and drive back home to get my mask one time. *shrug*. Teach me not to forget it next time.
We bought a few extras and we keep one in each car with gloves also so that if we forget we don't have to drive all the way home (which we've had to do, twice). 😐
 

Romana

The Timeless Child
Joined
Sep 21, 2018
Messages
5,097
SL Rez
2010
That's one thing about living in an apartment building; building rules say you have to wear a mask in common areas, so putting one on when I leave my apartment has become a habit. There have been a couple of times when I stated it to walk my dog without one, but I got self-conscious, caught myself, and went back for it.
 

Kara Spengler

Queer OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon, any/all pronouns
Joined
Sep 20, 2018
Messages
6,140
Location
SL: November RL: DC
SL Rez
2007
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
23289
Nothing to laugh at. Redshirts get what they deserve!
I want to see the orange face get what it deserves. Given how many things have missed I would not want to be anywhere near when karma finally notices it.
 

Kara Spengler

Queer OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon, any/all pronouns
Joined
Sep 20, 2018
Messages
6,140
Location
SL: November RL: DC
SL Rez
2007
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
23289
That's one thing about living in an apartment building; building rules say you have to wear a mask in common areas, so putting one on when I leave my apartment has become a habit. There have been a couple of times when I stated it to walk my dog without one, but I got self-conscious, caught myself, and went back for it.
Yes, I was annoyed for awhile as a lot of people were not wearing masks. I was always protecting them but they were not returning the favour. Signs requiring masks are more common around here now though. I am sure there are still maskless people but they are not everywhere now.
 
  • 1Hug
Reactions: Shiloh Lyric

Aribeth Zelin

Faeryfox
Joined
Sep 23, 2018
Messages
4,140
SL Rez
2004
Joined SLU
03-11-2011
SLU Posts
9410
We've billboards, apparently not only did our city decide to require masks, but the whole county did - and for those who don't know, Escambia County Florida [not to be confused with the same county on the other side of the state border] isn't just urban on the coast, but well.... extremely poor rural north of the coast.

You know, the sorts of people who don't want to wear a mask and think twitler is the most wonderful thing ever.
 

Romana

The Timeless Child
Joined
Sep 21, 2018
Messages
5,097
SL Rez
2010
Yes, I was annoyed for awhile as a lot of people were not wearing masks. I was always protecting them but they were not returning the favour. Signs requiring masks are more common around here now though. I am sure there are still maskless people but they are not everywhere now.
I see the occasional person without a mask, not in stores thank goodness. A few neighbors seem to b think the danger has passed because new cases have gone down so much. I treat them like I treat cigarette smokers, which I can’t get near either. Mostly, politely avoid by a wide a margin as I can. If they’re in the elevator, I tell them my doctor said I can’t get in with them (true),
 

Kara Spengler

Queer OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon, any/all pronouns
Joined
Sep 20, 2018
Messages
6,140
Location
SL: November RL: DC
SL Rez
2007
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
23289
We've billboards, apparently not only did our city decide to require masks, but the whole county did - and for those who don't know, Escambia County Florida [not to be confused with the same county on the other side of the state border] isn't just urban on the coast, but well.... extremely poor rural north of the coast.

You know, the sorts of people who don't want to wear a mask and think twitler is the most wonderful thing ever.
As an aside on county names. My undergraduate school was in Rockingham County, NH and right after it I went to grad school in VA ... in Rockingham County.
 
  • 1Like
Reactions: Aribeth Zelin

Veritable Quandry

Specializing in derails and train wrecks.
Joined
Sep 19, 2018
Messages
5,487
Location
Columbus, OH
SL Rez
2010
Joined SLU
20something
SLU Posts
42
Columbus is seeing an upsurge in cases and state and local authorities are cracking down. Individuals can be ticketed, with one warning and then escalating fines. Fines for businesses not enforcing mask policies and maximum capacity are substantial, and they can lose their liquor license. I see an overwhelming number of people wearing masks.