Important Let's do the BIG MOVE (Again? No...)

Dakota Tebaldi

Well-known member
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined
Sep 19, 2018
Messages
9,978
Location
Ohio
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts
16791
REALLY GOOD JOB!

I basically couldn't tell the difference for a bit when posting my wordle score today. The only real tell was that a few things felt SLIGHTLY slower but not to a crippling degree. Maybe there are a few minor kinks to work out but I'm not too worried about the very slight slow down. All things considered, I believe this went very well and certainly could have gone a lot worse!
I didn't even know it had happened. I made my post above hours after the fact when I found out, lol
 

GoblinCampFollower

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 20, 2018
Messages
5,883
SL Rez
2007
I didn't even know it had happened. I made my post above hours after the fact when I found out, lol
Yeah, I was worried the dark theme and general settings or aesthetic would be warped or something else could be lost. I really don't see any major problems as of yet.
 
  • 1Agree
Reactions: Govi

Jopsy Pendragon

*Very* disappointed with 2026 so far.
Joined
Sep 20, 2018
Messages
3,204
Location
San Diego CA
SL Rez
2004
Joined SLU
2007
SLU Posts
11308
Seemed down longer for me because I was being a stupidhead.

[Alt]-L -> v -> [enter] is my usual "get there" shortcut for VirtualVerse.One, and chrome freaked out about it.

I left it alone yesterday and returned today to find it was still not working for me. Went to discord to look for status... clicked on a link from there and it came right up. AH: https:// www . VirtualVerse . One works fine.... https://virtualverse.one I guess doesn't.

Did the "forget this auto-fill" magic in chrome (let it autocomplete in the address bar, select the whole address, hit [Shift][Del] to force it to forget it... then type in the correct address.

After one or two tries, it figured it out. 'v' auto-completes to https:// www . VirtualVerse . One properly for me now. Woot. =)

If it weren't for that (and the announcements obviously), I wouldn't have known there was any change at all. =)
 
  • 1Beer
Reactions: Puretone

Puretone

Still Pancakes alt (Roxy Couturier)
Joined
Sep 21, 2018
Messages
142
SL Rez
2009
Joined SLU
Feb 2011
SLU Posts
1729
Seemed down longer for me because I was being a stupidhead.

[Alt]-L -> v -> [enter] is my usual "get there" shortcut for VirtualVerse.One, and chrome freaked out about it.
I had to doublecheck myself. I made a shortcut button on Chrome's 'new tab' screen for VVO and usually already have the site up. That shortcut worked normally for me.
 

Jopsy Pendragon

*Very* disappointed with 2026 so far.
Joined
Sep 20, 2018
Messages
3,204
Location
San Diego CA
SL Rez
2004
Joined SLU
2007
SLU Posts
11308
I had to doublecheck myself. I made a shortcut button on Chrome's 'new tab' screen for VVO and usually already have the site up. That shortcut worked normally for me.
lol, ironically, the chrome launch-page icon for vvo is still broken for me. I rarely use them anyway, I should just clear them all out. =)
 
  • 1Flower
Reactions: Puretone

Katheryne Helendale

🐱 Kitty Queen 🐱
Joined
Sep 19, 2018
Messages
10,703
Location
Right... Behind... You...
SL Rez
2007
Joined SLU
October 2009
SLU Posts
65535
Weird. I had the page open on Chrome on my Pixel, and I just hit Refresh every so often after the forum was supposed to come back, and eventually it did. And, I'm looking at the address bar, and there's no www in it.