Last Names Are Coming Back, Along With Premium, Marketplace and Event Changes

Romana

SL Rez
Premium for just one month doesn't cost that much, and plenty of people may be prepared to pay it to change their username. We don't know yet how much a name change costs on top of that - could turn out to be quite small.

In effect, you do potentially have 'more' people spending a 'little' money.

I'm sure for many getting the weekly L$300 for a month too will help people offset the cost in their minds.

I'm certainly prepared to pay the one-off premium cost for one month to change the name of an account or two
Yeah, I'll wait and see. I don't log on on my male alt that much.
I wonder if it'll occur to them that people might do that, though, and they'll say maybe you have to be premium for a while?

Argent Stonecutter

Emergency Mustelid Hologram
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sep 2009
SLU Posts
They're losing out by making name changes premium-only. I'd spend a few $L to get my mALT a last name but not another $100 a year to make him premium.
Surely you won't need to keep him premium to keep the new name. That would be a jerk move.

Fionalein

an old grumpy cat
SL Rez
Surely you won't need to keep him premium to keep the new name. That would be a jerk move.
Lets use logics...
Apparently the winners of last name contest can switch to that name and keep it without going premium - Logic now tells us you most likely can keep names after downgrading as well... but it's LL - so I would not bet on that.

• 1Agree
Reactions: Romana

Sid

Most likely on a coffee break.
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Yes
Lets use logics...
it's LL - so I would not bet on that.
:qft:

On the other hand the 2 alts I still use occasionally and da Sid all have last names already.
So no big deal for me.

Wesleytron

Joined SLU
08-11-2014
SLU Posts
Logic now tells us you most likely can keep names after downgrading as well... but it's LL - so I would not bet on that.
No need to use logic or lose your money on a bet... LL have already answered that question.

Grumpity Linden, in the official SL forum, says:

"You do not lose your name when you cancel premium. The one time name change fee gives you this new name for good. Unless you decide to change it again. Which you could - no limit on name changes. "

• 1Thanks
Reactions: Brenda Archer

Pr1m

I want more specifics on what Premium Plus offers. Premium isn't worth it to me as it is; I used it and bought some land, but it feels like all you're doing is pay money to pay more money and not have your parcel's name connected to a rental service (and plenty of those let you chnage the parcel name anyway). Is Premium Plus just paying money to pay more money to pay even more money?

Argent Stonecutter

Emergency Mustelid Hologram
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sep 2009
SLU Posts
If Premium Plus lets me write scripts that use unrestricted llTeleportAvatar with only landowner privileges I'm gonna be super tempted. Otherwise, nah.

Fionalein

an old grumpy cat
SL Rez
I want more specifics on what Premium Plus offers. Premium isn't worth it to me as it is; I used it and bought some land, but it feels like all you're doing is pay money to pay more money and not have your parcel's name connected to a rental service (and plenty of those let you chnage the parcel name anyway). Is Premium Plus just paying money to pay more money to pay even more money?
they stay supervague on this, but some guesses were:
  • higher free land tier allotment
  • bigger premium homes
  • more free experiences
  • yet more groups
my speculations are more sinister:
  • Überpremiums might get preferred to regular premiums in teleport priorities
  • MP fees might be less for Überpremiums
  • Mole generated Überpremium gifts

• 1Thanks
  • 1Agree
Reactions: Cristalle and Pr1m

Romana

SL Rez
If Premium Plus lets me set-up alts/'personas' under one account with a shared inventory, then I might be tempted.

...but that's just pie in the sky dreaming.
That would make too much sense, lol.