Last Names Are Coming Back, Along With Premium, Marketplace and Event Changes

Val

n00b!1
Joined SLU
03/07/2017
SLU Posts
I can finally put my alts under one last name :D ! Probably a ridiculous one.

Not fancying that Premium Plus feature because I agree on that:

they stay supervague on this, but some guesses were:
  • higher free land tier allotment
  • bigger premium homes
  • more free experiences
  • yet more groups
my speculations are more sinister:
  • Überpremiums might get preferred to regular premiums in teleport priorities
  • MP fees might be less for Überpremiums
  • Mole generated Überpremium gifts
I just want my own darn sim and not pay a kidney for it so I'd take any land-doubling so I can slowly cut more out of the area I am in. Does anyone even look at those aforementioned gifts? Or is that pressed to wait out an event overflow a day (tip: I come and spy on cam a day before one :D) ? We want stable seeeeeervers and updates the engine needs and .... and .... some .... expansion? Activity? Plans to bring back all the education and media sector that ran away? Something? Anyone remembers the whole [REC] film spiel? Now that was a good project.

SL Rez
SLU Posts
Looking closer. It looks like last names are still going to be chosen from a pool. It's not going to be a free for all.
That is correct. Just like the old days. I thought Luminescence had a ring to it and now I'm stuck with it.

If Premium Plus lets me set-up alts/'personas' under one account with a shared inventory, then I might be tempted.

...but that's just pie in the sky dreaming.
If they're needing the money it might still happen when they reach Premium Plus Super XL Deluxe Max :D

Free

Kamilah is stalking me
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
May 2009
SLU Posts
I'm still waiting on the Premium Pro account.

• 1Like
Reactions: Ailsa Muliaina

Kara Spengler

Queer OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon
SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
I want more specifics on what Premium Plus offers. Premium isn't worth it to me as it is; I used it and bought some land, but it feels like all you're doing is pay money to pay more money and not have your parcel's name connected to a rental service (and plenty of those let you chnage the parcel name anyway). Is Premium Plus just paying money to pay more money to pay even more money?
Yes, about the only reason I can find for keeping my main's premium up is that I get the old stipend. So LL is basically paying me even without counting the cost of the land fees.

Argent Stonecutter

Emergency Mustelid Hologram
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sep 2009
SLU Posts
Yes, about the only reason I can find for keeping my main's premium up is that I get the old stipend. So LL is basically paying me even without counting the cost of the land fees.
*barely* since the fee increase. You going to drop when it comes around next year?

Nodoka Hanamura

SL Rez
Joined SLU
N/A
SLU Posts
Attacking Casper (who's system is already capable of this)? They must be in for serious emergency money grabs,...
It looks like they're wanting to have more power over the market by taxing sales across the board. As much as I vehemently despise Epic Games, I'm starting to see their point with this kind of crap, though ironically, at least Steam has a valid defense for the fees they cover, they have quite a lot more services to keep running and it'd take more than 10% to stay above board. Linden Lab - not so much. Second Life is a ways better then it was when it entered this decade, but unless LL can offer something good for not just Premium+, but ensure strong, wide-appealing QoL/QoS upgrades for the platform going into the 2020s, They're going to end up shooting themselves in the foot.

I think they're trying to dip into SL for money to keep Sansar running, which is always a bad idea regardless of the industry you're in. You should never rely on one aspect of your business to keep another afloat. They either float together, some float and some sink, or they all sink together.

Looking closer. It looks like last names are still going to be chosen from a pool. It's not going to be a free for all.
I'm not too keen on it myself. I, for the hell of it, am entering my preferred last name into the contest in the slimmer of hope that me and others who want to, will be able to use 'Hanamura' as a last name. I'd be more than willing to pay extra just to choose my own Last Name.

As for Premium Plus, I want to see what it comes with before I pass judgement. I prefer to own rather than Rent, as there's something about being a landowner that appeals to me. Maybe it's the fact I don't have to pay for my places on a week-by-week basis and I'm on a tight budget as is, even without tier.

• 1Thanks
Reactions: Brenda Archer