#JAILTOTHECHIEF- Shit Just Got Real

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jopsy Pendragon

The Adderall Addict in Chief needs drug rehab.
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts

Free

she/feline
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
I wonder how the Miami Bay of Pigs Vets feel about the president calling them Cubans instead of Americans.
If they were truly Miami Cubans, they wouldn't be able to vote for him.

• 1Agree
Reactions: Jopsy Pendragon

Free

she/feline
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
For one, we can stop calling it "extrajudicial killings" and refer to it in the more common form: murder.
I'm not so sure "extrajudicial killing" is an inappropriate term, though, because I think we need to distinguish between an unlawful killing done without any sort of official approval (e.g. George Floyd or the men killed by Kyle Rittenhouse) and those which the authorities condone as (in this case) "retribution."

The UN, I think, uses the phrase "extrajudicial execution."

• 1Interesting
Reactions: Kamilah Hauptmann

Sovereignty

SL Rez
I'm not so sure "extrajudicial killing" is an inappropriate term, though, because I think we need to distinguish between an unlawful killing done without any sort of official approval (e.g. George Floyd or the men killed by Kyle Rittenhouse) and those which the authorities condone as (in this case) "retribution."

The UN, I think, uses the phrase "extrajudicial execution."
There's a Wikipedia article on it.
Agnès Callamard is the current United Nations Special Rapporteur on extrajudicial, summary or arbitrary executions supported by the Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR).

• 1Thanks
Reactions: Innula Zenovka

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts

Free

she/feline
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
  • States with the highest poverty rates: 1) Mississippi, 2) New Mexico, 3) Louisiana, 4) West Virginia and 5) Alabama. What do all those states have in common? All except New Mexico are solidly Republican and delivered their electoral votes to Trump. Three of the five are controlled by Republican governors.
  • The least educated states: 1) Mississippi, 2) West Virginia, 3) Louisiana, 4) Arkansas and 5) Alabama. All Trump states, and all but one controlled by Republican governors.
  • States with the most violent crime per 100,000 residents: 1) Alaska, 2) New Mexico, 3) Tennessee, 4) Arkansas and 5) Nevada. Three of the five are Trump states governed by Republicans.
  • States most dependent on federal handouts (the "taker" states): 1) Nevada, 2) Kentucky, 3) Mississippi, 4) West Virginia and 5) Montana. Are you catching the pattern here? Trump carried four out of five in 2016, and three have Republican governors.

Jopsy Pendragon

The Adderall Addict in Chief needs drug rehab.
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Oh, I'm pretty damned sure they don't see high rates of poverty as a 'bad thing'. They believe that for winners to win, losers must lose. So the more losers there are, the more the 'winners' are winning, and that's just fine by them, as long as it's their own people 'winning'.

Katheryne Helendale

🐱 Kitty Queen 🐱
SL Rez
Joined SLU
October 2009
SLU Posts
Hey let's be fair. He did not say which troops.
Given that Trump did absolutely nothing when he received news the Russians were offering bounties for the death of US troops abroad, it's really a no-brainer which troops Trump supports.

Cindy Claveau

Joined SLU
June 2007
SLU Posts
The press hasn’t broken its most destructive habits when it comes to covering Donald Trump.

Something similar is going on now with many members of the press. They’re behaving like Mueller, wanting to be sure they observe proprieties that would have made sense when dealing with other figures in other eras. But now they’re dealing with Donald Trump, and he sees their behavior as a weakness he can exploit relentlessly.

Much as Mueller didn’t recognize these realities in time, neither did much of our print, broadcast, and cable media four years ago. Networks ran Trump’s rally speeches endlessly from mid-2015 onward, giving him free airtime valued at some $2 billion. Why his speeches, and not Hillary Clinton’s or Bernie Sanders’s? Because they were deemed great TV, and the channels’ own ratings went up when the rallies were on.
I'm going to say that the article is using too broad a brush. I am very selective in my news diet. I avoid anything laudatory of Trump (already made my mind up on him long ago, and nothing so far has changed my mind) and I lean hard towards programs that offer a little more thought and background even if it's biased to the Left. Bias matters less to me than hearing what the White House and Fox don't want to tell me. So this air pollution they're talking about I'm not seeing.

• 1Thanks
Reactions: Ryanna Enfield
Status
Not open for further replies.