How COVID-19 is affecting society

Jopsy Pendragon

Without Equal Justice, Freedom becomes Tyranny
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
That thrice damned blight is obviously paying so well they've earned an exemption from YouTube's anti-misinformation policy.

I want to put my fist through my monitor every time I see that fake-glasses fast-talking pseudo-nerd pop and yabble: "Did you know about that {ridiculous conspiracy theory}? {Vague and/or disreputable sources} say that {heinously bogus claims} might be true! Check out the latest issue of the {diseased snail vomit passing as 'journalism'} to find out how {legitimate information sources} are lying to you!"

The people sponsoring them should be the first up against the wall when the revolution comes.

Kara Spengler

Queer OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon
SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
My favourite college question was a professor asking how to spell her name. Most people would have flipped the paper over and copied her name from the class listing. Meanwhile I was wondering what was so hard about Saarinen.

My next fave was my entire comprehensive exam in graduate school. I missed the instructions which said how many questions to answer in each section. Fortunately many of us did not get all the sections anyway as you did not get a section if you took the class from someone other than who wrote those questions (as they might stress different things).

Kara Spengler

SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
That thrice damned blight is obviously paying so well they've earned an exemption from YouTube's anti-misinformation policy.

I want to put my fist through my monitor every time I see that fake-glasses fast-talking pseudo-nerd pop and yabble: "Did you know about that {ridiculous conspiracy theory}? {Vague and/or disreputable sources} say that {heinously bogus claims} might be true! Check out the latest issue of the {diseased snail vomit passing as 'journalism'} to find out how {legitimate information sources} are lying to you!"

The people sponsoring them should be the first up against the wall when the revolution comes.
Fortunately I do not get those. I usually get some fundie that paid for ads when watching an atheist channel though.

• 1Hug
Reactions: Jopsy Pendragon

Jopsy Pendragon

Without Equal Justice, Freedom becomes Tyranny
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
My favourite college question was a professor asking how to spell her name.
One of mom's school stories is how she choked on the first question on a chemistry exam.

She knew that Na was sodium, but couldn't remember what Me stood for. Not mercury, because that's Hg... Na Me.... Arg! What is this???

Soen Eber

Vatican mole
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤

Amazing though, how many tells and red flags these kind of people (not just epoch times but others) put out, even before they start saying anything.

• 1Agree

Kara Spengler

SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
One of mom's school stories is how she choked on the first question on a chemistry exam.

She knew that Na was sodium, but couldn't remember what Me stood for. Not mercury, because that's Hg... Na Me.... Arg! What is this???
Lol! Yesterday I was watching HBO's Chernobyl series. They were showing the firefighter call. I was watching it being typed out for several seconds before realizing it subtitled that in english and I did not know Cyrillic anyways.

• 1Like

Noodles

Queen of Ramen
SL Rez
Joined SLU
04-28-2010
SLU Posts

Dakota Tebaldi

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts
In fairness, I'm like around 90% sure that companies like Pepsi make banners like that as an empty template that local businesses can buy and turn into signs for their own sales or events, so there's a chance Pepsi isn't responsible for this decision.

Still though, lol

Clara D.

FOR PRESIDENT 2020!
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Back in the day.
SLU Posts
In fairness, I'm like around 90% sure that companies like Pepsi make banners like that as an empty template that local businesses can buy and turn into signs for their own sales or events, so there's a chance Pepsi isn't responsible for this decision.

Still though, lol
Yeah, but the choice to get a Pepsi one rather than just a local printshop?

[ETA]Oh, Walmart was responsible for the decision.[/ETA]

Last edited:

Anya Ristow

Bernie Bro
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Nov 2007
SLU Posts
Thanks, usually I am using my large screen 4k tv though.
I actually pay for youtube premium, which I'm assuming gives you ad-free youtube within the tv's yourube app?

Some content producers have provided enough info on their business that I calculated they receive something like four tenths of a penny if you watch the 30-second ad. Umm...no. They also say they get substantially more from premium and "join" subscribers.

Kara Spengler

SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts

Still though, lol
Although why use that template for something that has nothing to do with pepsi?

Kara Spengler

SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
I actually pay for youtube premium, which I'm assuming gives you ad-free youtube within the tv's yourube app?

Some content producers have provided enough info on their business that I calculated they receive something like four tenths of a penny if you watch the 30-second ad. Umm...no. They also say they get substantially more from premium and "join" subscribers.
There are at least some adds that are hilarious. Like what Jay Foreman uses at the ends of his vids.