LOL! Hey! We’re talking here!

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
Off the cuff response: Authoritarians seek authority figures and defend them because reasons. Main one off the top of my head: Refusal to admit "I was wrong, this dude's an idiot."

See also: abuse victims going back to their abuser.
It's not that. Milo is what he is, and goes around deliberately setting off all sort of alarms, but nevertheless, people ignore them, and trust him, and live to regret it when he cheats them and ends up making them look idiots for ever trusting him in the first place. Which, of course, they were.

It's the same way people get taken in by Borat and Bruno, and Sacha Baron Cohen's other characters, only Milo actually advertises himself.

A moment's thought should tell people he's a wrong 'un even if they didn't know his record, though, but they do, and still he bounces back in some circles.

• 1Thanks
Reactions: Kamilah Hauptmann
SL Rez
SLU Posts
I don't think this passes any of the rules of evidence to be accepted by the courts but it's interesting:

Damn! If that is all easily available on some torrent with all those driver's license pictures, all the posts and everything - yeesh, that will cause waves, a tsunami even.

bubblesort

I don't think this passes any of the rules of evidence to be accepted by the courts but it's interesting:

Yeah, that was a LOT of fun to watch yesterday. Here's a thread where people were watching parler unravel in real time. It's long... just make some popcorn and scroll down a little bit untill you hit the part where they start talking about Twilio. It's hilarious.

I'm not interested in digging through parler, because I value my sanity, but if you want to dig around in the data they downloaded, one of the people downloading it tweeted a link to the dump:

SL Rez
SLU Posts
I'm not interested in digging through parler, because I value my sanity, but if you want to dig around in the data they downloaded, one of the people downloading it tweeted a link to the dump:

From what I can tell those are mostly just long lists of parler urls though which are useless now that parler is down. It seems people used those lists to download lots of the actual posts but as far as I can see that data isn't available at this time.

• 1Thanks
Reactions: bubblesort

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
  • 2Like
Reactions: bubblesort and Sid

danielravennest

SLU Posts

For all we know, Amazon had already received a national security letter requiring them to preserve the Parler data after closing it down. That goes for the various phone companies and their customer data too.

Kamilah Hauptmann

Shitpost Sommelier
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Reluctantly
For all we know, Amazon had already received a national security letter requiring them to preserve the Parler data after closing it down. That goes for the various phone companies and their customer data too.
That as a source sounds closer to what would meet evidence requirements.

Kamilah Hauptmann

Shitpost Sommelier
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Reluctantly
Investigation thread:

Eventual finding: