Gachas Are A Fucking Scourge

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
This thread. It starts to smell. Of coffee.

• 1Interesting
Reactions: Lady Darnk Juniorette

Fionalein

an old grumpy cat
SL Rez
Yeah I don’t think they are predatory. I support legalization of regulated gambling in real life, but even if you don't, most of the risks of gambling are absent with gacha. If you lose gambling or skill gaming, you leave with nothing. With gacha you always get something and you can choose to keep it, trade it, sell it etc.
Usually you end up with crap you can not even sell for half of pull price, while the rares go for like 20 to 50 times a pull prize - the "it is not gambling because you get something" is silly - if it was a legit argument sploders would still be allowed (you always got some money back after all).

Fionalein

an old grumpy cat
SL Rez
I'm a little late, but it turns out I do have an answer for, "What food are you curious about but too scared to try? " :eyepop:
there is artificial Kopi Luwak now - hurry for artificial genes in bacteria (sadly not on sale and you need you own lab to)
If it wasn't that expensive, I would try Kopi Luwak.
I mean think where honey comes from, an egg is produced, or what place produces the best beef.
But € 39,00 for 125 gram..... :unsure:
And sadly I would not buy those... for that price you only get lowest grade Kopi Luwak - the "good" stuff costs way more.

Weird enough artificial Kopi Luwak* was tested in a lab and found an acceptable alternative .... but AFAIK no one produces it.

*hurray for GMOs!

Val

n00b!1
Joined SLU
03/07/2017
SLU Posts
I agree with thread title as somehow most designers I followed have half of their stock as gacha. I cannot imagine it profitable as I tend to buy from resellers not the artist directly. Of course, I'd happily pay more for the actual copy/mod thing I was after.

As others - I do not mind gachas if used for clutter, some sort of themed accessories, colour variants and so on so forth. In other words - small stuff, not a whole darn cafe with interior most people would buy as a set or as furnishings.

The scourge bit indeed is getting more annoying as surely there cannot me more demand as most are sick of gachas beyond few examples.