Gachas Are A Fucking Scourge

Cristiano

I AM BABY GROOT
Admin
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Nov 2003
SLU Posts
The overreliance on gacha sales (aka loot boxes) in Second Life is absolutely fucking annoying. I just want to buy an item, not gamble for the fucking thing. Yes, I know you can find them on the marketplace if someone happens to have gambled before me and wants to unload it, but I would just rather buy the thing I want to buy. It's incredibly irritating, and I'm running into them more and more as I've gone out shopping in SL. They need to die in a fire.

Kamilah Hauptmann

This Reality Blows

For reference:

Last edited:

Romana

SL Rez
And the items are never available to purchase without gambling for them.
Except for resales, and even then, gacha items are always no copy, sonyou have to gamble SL won't eat it once it's in your inventory.

• 1Agree
Reactions: Brenda Archer

Sid

'Allo!
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Imagine you go to the butcher for some minced meat, and the butcher points you to a gacha machine, where you either get minced meat, rear beef (rare), pork chops or marinated chicken wings.

Gacha stuff is a crime against humanity.

Shiloh Lyric

Staying Woke
SL Rez
Joined SLU
August, 2008
I think they're fine, if it's specifically a Gacha event. Of which there *should* be very few. Then you go there intending to spin machines, and that's okay. I'm annoyed by stores who insist on having them for some items, or just regular events where a booth's only sale items are in Gacha machines. :mad:

Wesleytron

Joined SLU
08-11-2014
SLU Posts
I've had an idea for a gacha product. It's a nine piece jigsaw. Actually, it's four different nine piece jigsaws.

You pay me your money, and you randomly get ONE piece from one of the jigsaws.

Pay again to get another piece. If you're lucky, it's another piece from the same jigsaw. Most likely it's from another jigsaw though. And if you're really unlucky, you get the same piece again.

Of course, two of the pieces from each jigsaw set is ultra rare! Keep trying!

Good luck getting all the pieces!

Kamilah Hauptmann

This Reality Blows
I've had an idea for a gacha product. It's a nine piece jigsaw. Actually, it's four different nine piece jigsaws.

You pay me your money, and you randomly get ONE piece from one of the jigsaws.

Pay again to get another piece. If you're lucky, it's another piece from the same jigsaw. Most likely it's from another jigsaw though. And if you're really unlucky, you get the same piece again.

Of course, two of the pieces from each jigsaw set is ultra rare! Keep trying!

Good luck getting all the pieces!
Apt description of kompu gacha outfits.

• 1Agree
Reactions: Free

Romana

SL Rez
I think they're fine, if it's specifically a Gacha event. Of which there *should* be very few. Then you go there intending to spin machines, and that's okay. I'm annoyed by stores who insist on having them for some items, or just regular events where a booth's only sale items are in Gacha machines. :mad:
I've seen stores that are all, or mostly, gachas. 🤦🏻‍♀️

Free

Kamilah is stalking me
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
May 2009
SLU Posts
Imagine you go to the butcher for some minced meat, and the butcher points you to a gacha machine, where you either get minced meat, rear beef (rare), pork chops or marinated chicken wings.
Just go to the butcher selling you directly what you want. There, humanity crime solved.

• 1Like
Reactions: Myficals

Brenda Archer

SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sept 2007
SLU Posts
Do these merchants realize they could charge more to people who want to buy a copy item *now* and not waste their time?

Not that I can get my old computer into the lag fest that is the average shopping sim anyway.

This is why I’m still using my inventory that’s five years old and to hell with the Joneses.

• 1Thanks
  • 1Like
Reactions: Ashiri and Knutz Scorpio

Brenda Archer

SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sept 2007
SLU Posts
Gacha is a social experience as much as a way to buy things. I've met several friends by trading/selling over the years.
This suggests to me that I should be “shopping” in trading groups and not bother going to a shopping sim, always an exercise in frustration. I did pick up some hamster avatars this way.

Joined SLU
July 2007
SLU Posts
Do these merchants realize they could charge more to people who want to buy a copy item *now* and not waste their time?
I've always assumed there's more to be made from the fewer customers who will gamble 2K spacebux to get the one item they'd have paid 150L for otherwise.

I just buy the things from resellers, assuming it's not an overly-expensive ULTRA RARE aka the one thing you're likely to want anyway.

This suggests to me that I should be “shopping” in trading groups and not bother going to a shopping sim, always an exercise in frustration. I did pick up some hamster avatars this way.
Trading groups, on the MP, yard sale sims - unless your game is the thrill of gambling or you want a super-rare, you're always going to get a better deal second hand.

• 1Agree
Reactions: Brenda Archer

Argent Stonecutter

Emergency Mustelid Hologram
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sep 2009
SLU Posts
I buy from Gachas when I don't care what color or style I get, or when the gatcha delivers a token that you use to "buy" a copy/mod product I can edit.

If that's what you're looking for it's great. I typically spend L$3000 for an animal avatar, I can get one from a Gatcha for L$50.

• 1Thanks
  • 1Like
Reactions: Brenda Archer and Free